“Great Service”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #5 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Hotel staff was very slow to check us in (room was not ready at 4pm). Ian (Director of Operations) stepped in and noticed we had been waiting sometime in the lobby. He jumped on the issue, walked us to our suite and provided a $50 gift cert for our wait (approx. 20 minutes). Their restaurant - the Monarch - is quite good too!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Thank you for posting your experience on Trip Advisor! I am extremely happy that I was able to assist you during your stay!! We appreciate your business. If your travels bring you back to the downtown area, please contact me directly. We would love to customize another ZaZa experience for you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Zaza the first two nights after our wedding and it was an incredible experience!

The room was amazing with gorgeous views of Houston, a very comfortable bed, huge bathroom complete with a full sized bath tub and spacious shower. The overall style of the Zaza is elegant and eclectic, making for a fun and trendy atmosphere.

While the staff took wonderful care of us, and took care of our every need once we were checked in, they did give us a bit of trouble initially booking our room. We wanted to stay just one night, but they were very hard to work with, insisting that we must stay two nights as they had some type of event going on that weekend. That never made complete sense to us as to why we couldn't just book one night, and even after meeting with the management, we could not get them to work with us.

With our initial issues booking a room aside, our stay at Hotel Zaza was surreal, and we look forward to our next getaway.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2011

Thank you for staying at Hotel ZaZa Houston. I apologize for the difficulties that you experienced during the reservation process. I assure you we are taking action so we can improve it for the future. It was wonderful to read you enjoyed the stellar ZaZa experience! Please contact me directly so we can customize another ZaZa experience for you. We appreciate your business and can’t wait for another chance to treat you like a Rock Star!!

Reviewed February 24, 2011

ZaZa makes the Hilton of America in Downtown Houston look like a Motel 6. Hotel ZaZa is AMAZING! Everyone from Valet, Concierge, Front Desk, ZaSpa, Room Service, and Management made my wife and I feel like Royalty. The room was Immaculate, Sexy, Romantic, and So Comfortable. They made this Anniversary our best Ever. ZaZa is now and forever our Hotel. Thank You ZaZa!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Thank you for staying at Hotel ZaZa Houston! You are royalty when you stay at Hotel ZaZa! Our team loves to read great comments from our guests.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

For a hotel with a hefty price and reputation...wow...what a disappointment. The rooms are fairly noisy if facing the busy street. Sirens and screeching tires were common. The biggest beef was the fact the showers leak all over the floor...giant puddles until I found out why. Apparently when tiled they did not slope into the shower and instead ran flat. Any water falling anywhere along the tile just runs out onto the bathroom floor. It took 3 full towels to mop up before I figured you needed to make a towel dam inside the shower prior to starting. The other cheap behavior was adding a 20% gratuity to bills yet leaving a spot for gratuities and not pointing out that the service charge was a gratuity. Poor and disrespectful client service. The food was very expensive and just okay. I also want to go for a swim...but sadly the pool had to much garbage floating around.

On a positive note they had a driver to take you to the conference once in a while which was a treat from the messy cabs.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sundancetraveller

I apologize that your experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our management team for immediate corrective actions. We will improve from your comments and strive to provide the transcending ZaZa service that we are known for! Please contact me directly if possible. We would love another chance to treat you like a Rock Star!!

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We recently flew into Houston for the birth of our grandson...Had read about the hotel and thought this was a great opportunity to experience it. Having recalled living in Houston in the 1980's, this was the former location of the Warwick Hotel. It is located in a premier area of the city, close to the Medical Center, Hermann Park and Zoo, Montrose District, the museums in the city...it will remind you of a chic hotel in Manhatten. We arrived in the midst of extremely cold weather and the potential of a snow and ice storm as well as Super Bowl week in Dallas. The hotel was full of guests but everything seemed to click like clockwork. We registered for a King room and while we loved to view, we were not crazy about the room. It was one long, somewhat narrow room with the bath at the end. There was a nice shower but no tub. I expected, given the type of hotel that it is and the cost to find a larger bathroom and oversized tub. We chose to upgrade to their smallest grade of suites which had a separate, large room with couch, chairs and a large, glass dining table with a flat screen television. There was a separate bedroom and in between those two rooms was the bathroom. It was an unusual set-up with a separate shower and larger tub...but, both were in the area, literally next to one another so that if one wanted, the tub could be filled both by the faucet over the tub and by pointing the shower into the tub as well. I never came across a set-up like that but it works. As I said, the location is the best one can find in the city and the hotel has a very cosmopolitan feel to it. There is a nice restaurant/bar area although it feels strange that they evidently no longer have them separated. It creates a loud environment for dining and the room is very busy and crowded in the evenings. It appears that they once were separate but that the former dining area may be now used for special events. The pool area looks great - not a huge pool but very allluring as it is surrounded by rooms and bungalows on three sides. Obviously, since it was winter, no one was using it but it would be a great draw in the summer. The spa looks interesting but very small. Overall, its a stay that will put you in the range of staying at a Four Seasons but one we felt was worth it if its within the price range of what one spends on lodging. I wasnt too impressed with the concierge the two times were asked for information but we may have caught them at a bad time. Our first experience in checking in was also quite poor, but that was primarily due to the attitude and affect of the person who checked us in. Once we chose to upgrade, we had a much better experience with a different employee.

Hope this helps...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2011

Thank you again for staying at Hotel ZaZa Houston! We will address the deficiencies as soon as possible. Our comments will help us improve service. Make sure to come back during the summer to enjoy the pool. We would love another chance to treat you like a Rock Star!!

Reviewed January 31, 2011

I was so excited to stay at the Zaza... it is so cool inside and very trendy but the drinks are overpriced along with the hotel rooms. It doesn't really have a good feel to it. Kind of sterile and stark. I do think they could warm it up with some friendly staff. I had fun because my friends flew in from DC and San Fran and I had recommended the hotel but I would not stay there again. The best part of the hotel is its location near all the museums and Hermann Park. I just wished they had shown my friends more of the Texas charm instead of being so sterile. I will still give it 4 points because of its location and I just love the interior of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank zimbotraveler

Thank you for staying at Hotel ZaZa Houston. We certainly appreciate your business. I apologize that the feel of the hotel was not to your expectation. Our goal is provide a personable and warm experience through the hotel's décor and customer service. I will share your survey with the team, so we can improve. Please contact me if your travels bring you back to downtown Houston. We would love another chance to treat you like a Rock Star!!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

This hotel is great! The lobby is unique and artsy - in fact, the whole hotel feels a bit like an upscale, hip art museum. The staff is friendly and helpful. The ballroom area is much more interesting and inspiring than any other hotel ballroom that I've ever seen. The guestrooms are spacious and well-accomodated, and the bathrooms are very clean. I had room service, which was very quick, easy, and delicious.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at Hotel ZaZa Houston! We appreciate your business. Our team loves to read great comments from our guests. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to the area. We would love to customize another ZaZa experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!!