Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Modern B&B(Houston)
1,780 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelherman parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centercar servicefavorite hotelwithin milesmile radiusthe entire staffgreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I travelled to Houston for a wedding and opted to stay at Hotel Zaza since this was where the reception was. I had stayed at this property before and absolutely love the location of the Hotel. It is in one of the prettiest parts of Houston, within walkin distance to the museums and to Memorial Park. The rooms and service were as I had remembered. Sometimes I think for a place as trendy and hip as Hotel Zaza - the staff could be more friendly and accomodating. We spent Saturday afternoon at the pool with the groom and his groomsman and I was slightly shocked at how unfriendly the pool staff was when we ordered drinks/food. There is a slight tone of arrogance in the hotel and that is why it only received a 4 star ranking.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

we stayed at hotel zaza for four nights and it was a really nice hotel.

the rooms are comfortable and spacious. the sheets and beds were wonderful. the design is really nice and there is a ton of interesting pictures on the walls throughout the hotel :).

sometimes it felt as if they tried a bit more than they could deliver - the car pick up service was hugely polite but very overbooked and popular so we had to wait a lot when we wanted to use it and it turned out to be quicker to just use the tram or take a taxi.

the gym was great, well equipped and very clean. the outdoor pool is small but nice. the bar was great with quite a lot of buzz going on. the food was good, especially breakfast.

the staff were really attentive and positive.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed one night at the Za Za after attending an evening event at the Houston Zoo. We live in the Houston suburbs and didn't want to have to drive home late. We stayed with our 5 year old son, who has stayed in many hotels, including luxury hotels, like the Four Seasons, many times. He loves to get room service and play in the hotel pool. We did both at Za Za. The room service food (breakfast - several types of eggs and pancakes) was so-so. I have had much better, but I do find that breakfast is often the worst meal from any room service, so it wasn't too disappointing. The pool was fun, but the pool deck was under construction, which took away from some of the relaxing ambience. We didn't have a chance to get a drink from the server, and she never even asked if we wanted one, which I thought was a bit rude (I think she assumed that since we were there with a child, we wouldn't want a drink - mistake on her part). Other than the pool service person, though, the staff was all very friendly and helpful. Nobody blinked at our walking around the hotel with our 5 year old. He seemed very welcome there.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and our room was clean. The room could have been a bit more comfortably decorated in the living room (we had a Fantastico Suite). Chair and couch were a bit spartan. The bedroom was nice - besides the comfortable bed, there was a very cushy desk chair and large desk. The view was spectacular (of Hermann Park), and my son and I had a wonderful walk through the park in the morning (enjoying this finally cool fall weather). All-in-all, an enjoyable, if a bit pricey (but we didn't care because we were splurging) stay. I would come back if we had a similar event.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2010

To me it made a nice change to stay at a unique hotel like Zaza instead of a typical big chain hotel. I booked one of the suites and loved it. It was so spacious, with a separate bedroom and a living room and a walk-in closet. The bathroom was a good size too, though there was only a shower cabin and no bath tub. But I was very happy with the good quality toiletries and big fluffy towels. My bedroom was cosy and quiet although the pillows were not as soft as I’d like them to be.
There are complimentary shuttles that go anywhere within 10 miles. It was easy to arrange a pick up from the office in the afternoon, free of cost. Same service was offered when I wanted to go to nearby restaurants, for example Houston’s Grill Bar.
I ate at the hotel only once in the evening and it was a disaster. We had a team dinner and placed our orders for food just before 9PM. Forty minutes later we were still waiting. We asked our waiter to check on our dinner and she finally came back with some starters. However, she told us that 2 main courses we had ordered from the menu were not available that night. My two colleagues were very disappointed and still hungry left the restaurant. The rest of our group was given a complimentary bottle of wine and offered some apologies. Not good enough. At least the fish dishes (arrived after 10PM) were delicious. We didn’t leave any tip, needless to say.
Will I stay at Zaza again? Yes. I like the look and feel of the place. I had a tour of the hotel with one of the Managers and saw how beautiful it is. But there is room for improvement.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Me and my husband got one of the themed rooms for our anniversary. When we got there the A/C didnt work. I had to call to twice to get someone to come and look at it. I was told the manager was going to contact me but and hour passed and she never did. I called again and I was told that she was on her way up to the room. She never showed but she did finally call me back. At this point we had spent the first 3 hours of our $600 a night room with engineers in our room. When I finally did speak to the manager she said that she was going to send the bellman to get our bags and escort us to a new upgraded room. That sounded good enough except 30 mins passes and no bellman in sight. So finally we decided to go down to the main lobby and request for the key to our new room. When we explained the story once again to the guy(Nathan) at the check in desk he was very rude. Finally they did upgrade our room, from the Moulin Rouge suite to the Texas Tycoon suite. Not exactly the most romantic room and out of all decor I cant stand Texas style!! I guess that was just the icing on the cake. We never received a follow up call from the manager(Ingrid) to see if we were happy with our new room. Anyway me and my husband made that best of what he had left of our anniversary but we will never stay at Hotel Zaza again. Not worth the money!! Motel 6 has better service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NatNEsc
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

The service opportunities mentioned on your post was given immediate attention by the executive team. I asked the Chief Engineer to inspect the air conditioning issue that you encountered. Our associates and managers receive consistent training on handling service opportunities. It was disappointing to read that the team acted so abnormally to your service needs. I apologize for this uncharacteristic experience. We will use this post to improve service. Please let me know if we can assist you in the future. Our staff at Hotel Zaza Houston would love opportunity to reverse the experience and treat you like a Rockstar!