“Lovely hotel....Perfect location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 492 Hotels in Houston
Bryan, Texas
“Lovely hotel....Perfect location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed overnight and checked in very late. The Monarch bar staff provide outstanding service and have a great selection of mid-priced wines.

The hotel itself is elegant and very nice. My room was equally lovely. No coffee service in the room with is a pet peeve of mine; thankfully it is set up on on each floor so that I did not have to go to the lobby for java :-( first thing in the morning.

My only compliant about this hotel is their mini bar practices. I removed no items and had charges for three items on my final folio. This is a huge pet peeve - If I don't eat it or drink I certainly should not pay for it! In the future when I stay at ZaZa again, I will insist they remove all items from the minibar prior to taking a room or lock it so I do not have to deal with that mess again!

Gheez...... Hope whomever enjoyed the Grey Goose didn't choke because I would have enjoyed the Pinot Noir but, I do not buy single serve bottles of wine that cost more than I make in an hour! Blawhahaha...OH yah and the coconut water charge..... That was the most annoying for I'm highly allergic to coconut :-((( Again, sure hope no one choked! Thanks goodness for American Express, NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
TanyaKnapp,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere & decor of the hotel! I apologize for the issues you encountered with the mini bar charges. I will research and have a word with my team in regards to the glitch.

Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity, as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience at the hotel.

Ian H. Bush
Hotel Manager
Hotel ZaZa
IBush@hotelzaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I rented the Fatal Charms Magnificent 7 Suite for my 33rd birthday this past weekend, and it was amazing!!! Gorgeous views of Hermann Park and the fountain. The staff were friendly and accommodating. They made dinner reservations, arranged for the complimentary shuttle, and anything else we needed help with. I don't think I would get a regular room ever at this hotel because it is super expensive, but there is nothing like their Magnificent 7 Suites. Two years ago I had the pleasure of being in the Rock Star Suite which faces downtown, and there are literally no words. Fatal Charms is smaller, but equally amazing! It was perfect for the two of us. And added bonus is the reasonably priced 24 hour room service menu. The pool area is gorgeous, and the gym has lots of machines and fresh fruit. The bed was heaven, and I actually fell asleep in the tub. Just perfect!!! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
AndriaH713!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful 33rd birthday celebration in the Fatal Charms Mag Seven Suite at Hotel ZaZa! The suite is definitely one of the many gems of the Z. I am glad you found the atmosphere comfortable & the staff terrific!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Houston, Tx.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers when they say this hotel is "amazing". Being a native Houstonian, the former Warwick Hotel had great, if not iconic memories. Houston has great hotels but Hotel ZaZa has kept the original character and grandeur of the old Warwick hotel and created a luxury boutique hotel that has every modern amenity and an excellent décor. The location alone in the Hermann Park area makes it worth the stay. Everyone you will meet seems to enjoy their job. Very professional and courteous staff that made you feel welcome all of the time. Great hotel for business or pleasure. You can't miss with any view... Downtown Houston, Medical Center, Museum/Hermann Park or the fabulous pool area with its bungalows and rooms. Great room service, (they even got the bacon perfect, that says a lot) and their quiet luxurious Spa made the stay even better. Their car service will get you downtown to great theater and evening activities in no time at all. I wish I could have stayed longer. I will return ZaZa...soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors will minimize weekend noise from pool or evening events in the ballrooms. Downtown or...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
BayouCityTraveler!

Thank you for the excellent review. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel ZaZa. Excellent service is key at the Z!

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle, I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary transportation service! We will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

Please touch base when you are ready to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at the Z!
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We've stayed at the ZaZa a number of times now & keep going back because it's fabulous on every level. Their guest service is amazing from reservations to the front desk, valets, bellmen & room service. The surrounding area is beautiful & the shuttle drivers are fabulous!
Our first stay was because it was near the medical center, but the rest were because of the level of service & comfort we receive on our stays. It's truly been home away from home over the past 7 months.
We'll never stay anyplace else in Houston!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
kdmc0408!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to read that you always have a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z! The area surrounding the hotel is definitely charming.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel Zaza is not typical in any way...hard to describe, bordello chic? We were amongst a large group reservation for my niece's wedding. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I am a native Houstonian and this hotel was formerly the iconic "Warwick Hotel". I have many lifetime memories here. Stay here and enjoy a very unique hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
      Rooms
Amanda G!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you find the Z a unique place to stay! The hotel is definitely eclectic and rich in history.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at the Z!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you've never stayed in one of the suites on the top floor... boy howdy, you're in for a treat. I stayed in the rock & roll suite.. one of the magnificent seven suites - it was amazing. They had a welcoming cheese and fruit tray in the dining room, along with the 2 Budweisers on ice that they always have when I stay Zaza.. Pictures of Elvis, Mick, and Bowie everywhere... the view of downtown Houston.. stunning. Zaza in Houston is just so cool, and in such a nice location. I wished I could have stayed for longer, just a quick work trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite on the top floor... you won't regret it - Zaza is all about the customer expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerard M
Gerard M!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa. The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely worth experiencing! The eclectic suites are some of the many gems of the Z.

Plesae touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel on every level - could not have been more thrilled with our stay!!! I just wish there were of them and not just in Houston and Dallas! We stayed in the Splendido Suite and it was fabulously fun! We also had room service and it was delicious. They have horns on the front of their cars, a bouquet of tootsie roll pops at the front desk and the most wonderfully whimsical decor. LOVE!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Denali5540
Denali5540!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is a definitely eclectic. We will be expanding our brand to Austin in soon! Stay tuned! We love ya at ZaZa!