“33rd Birthday!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 488 Hotels in Houston
Houston, TX
“33rd Birthday!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I rented the Fatal Charms Magnificent 7 Suite for my 33rd birthday this past weekend, and it was amazing!!! Gorgeous views of Hermann Park and the fountain. The staff were friendly and accommodating. They made dinner reservations, arranged for the complimentary shuttle, and anything else we needed help with. I don't think I would get a regular room ever at this hotel because it is super expensive, but there is nothing like their Magnificent 7 Suites. Two years ago I had the pleasure of being in the Rock Star Suite which faces downtown, and there are literally no words. Fatal Charms is smaller, but equally amazing! It was perfect for the two of us. And added bonus is the reasonably priced 24 hour room service menu. The pool area is gorgeous, and the gym has lots of machines and fresh fruit. The bed was heaven, and I actually fell asleep in the tub. Just perfect!!! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
AndriaH713!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful 33rd birthday celebration in the Fatal Charms Mag Seven Suite at Hotel ZaZa! The suite is definitely one of the many gems of the Z. I am glad you found the atmosphere comfortable & the staff terrific!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Houston, Tx.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers when they say this hotel is "amazing". Being a native Houstonian, the former Warwick Hotel had great, if not iconic memories. Houston has great hotels but Hotel ZaZa has kept the original character and grandeur of the old Warwick hotel and created a luxury boutique hotel that has every modern amenity and an excellent décor. The location alone in the Hermann Park area makes it worth the stay. Everyone you will meet seems to enjoy their job. Very professional and courteous staff that made you feel welcome all of the time. Great hotel for business or pleasure. You can't miss with any view... Downtown Houston, Medical Center, Museum/Hermann Park or the fabulous pool area with its bungalows and rooms. Great room service, (they even got the bacon perfect, that says a lot) and their quiet luxurious Spa made the stay even better. Their car service will get you downtown to great theater and evening activities in no time at all. I wish I could have stayed longer. I will return ZaZa...soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors will minimize weekend noise from pool or evening events in the ballrooms. Downtown or...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
BayouCityTraveler!

Thank you for the excellent review. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel ZaZa. Excellent service is key at the Z!

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle, I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary transportation service! We will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

Please touch base when you are ready to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at the Z!
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We've stayed at the ZaZa a number of times now & keep going back because it's fabulous on every level. Their guest service is amazing from reservations to the front desk, valets, bellmen & room service. The surrounding area is beautiful & the shuttle drivers are fabulous!
Our first stay was because it was near the medical center, but the rest were because of the level of service & comfort we receive on our stays. It's truly been home away from home over the past 7 months.
We'll never stay anyplace else in Houston!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
kdmc0408!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to read that you always have a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z! The area surrounding the hotel is definitely charming.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel Zaza is not typical in any way...hard to describe, bordello chic? We were amongst a large group reservation for my niece's wedding. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I am a native Houstonian and this hotel was formerly the iconic "Warwick Hotel". I have many lifetime memories here. Stay here and enjoy a very unique hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Amanda G!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you find the Z a unique place to stay! The hotel is definitely eclectic and rich in history.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at the Z!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you've never stayed in one of the suites on the top floor... boy howdy, you're in for a treat. I stayed in the rock & roll suite.. one of the magnificent seven suites - it was amazing. They had a welcoming cheese and fruit tray in the dining room, along with the 2 Budweisers on ice that they always have when I stay Zaza.. Pictures of Elvis, Mick, and Bowie everywhere... the view of downtown Houston.. stunning. Zaza in Houston is just so cool, and in such a nice location. I wished I could have stayed for longer, just a quick work trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite on the top floor... you won't regret it - Zaza is all about the customer expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerard M
Gerard M!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa. The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely worth experiencing! The eclectic suites are some of the many gems of the Z.

Plesae touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel on every level - could not have been more thrilled with our stay!!! I just wish there were of them and not just in Houston and Dallas! We stayed in the Splendido Suite and it was fabulously fun! We also had room service and it was delicious. They have horns on the front of their cars, a bouquet of tootsie roll pops at the front desk and the most wonderfully whimsical decor. LOVE!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Denali5540
Denali5540!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is a definitely eclectic. We will be expanding our brand to Austin in soon! Stay tuned! We love ya at ZaZa!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is eclectic and very pretty; it is a true boutique hotel, however some areas of service need a bit more attention.

We chose to stay a ZaZa to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We called ahead and spoke with Imani to get info on early arrival and late departure. She advised that the room was ready and we could come at any time, that was at 9:30 am, I thought that was awesome. Imani also advised we could check out as late a 2pm. I also asked about having something setup in the room to celebrate the occasion and she had the concierge to call me back. He did call back within 15 mins and I advised him we would be there between 1-2, he agreed he would take care of an amenity for us.

When we arrived check-in was simple and we got into the room fairly quickly. This is where things change for me, stepping off the elevator on the 3rd floor the smells changes to a kind of damp, musty smell. Once in the room the smell becomes a very strong, moldy smell. Housekeeping immediately came in and sprayed the carpet, but that did not help, the smell was there and really strong the entire visit.

Next, I was hoping to find some type of celebratory setup, there was nothing. The bellhop Seth had the concierge to call us after I mentioned it and I was then told, the setup/amenity would is normally ready until after 4pm. I was fine with that, but I wished I had been advised during the phone conversation earlier that morning and I could have had something delivered to surprise my husband. The setup/amenity did not actually arrive until about 5:15ish, but hey at least he still enjoyed the strawberries.

We waited till we got to the hotel to eat lunch and were going to order room service, when my husband called to order lunch the phone just rang and rang, no answer. We ended up going down to Monarch and having lunch there. The service was great; our waitress was very attentive and really quick. We enjoyed the food and the quiet setting. The rest of the evening went well, we had dinner away from the hotel, and it was easy in and easy out via the valet.

The next morning we ordered breakfast through room service at about 7:30, this time they answered promptly, stating a 30-35 minute delivery time. I it actually took over an hour for breakfast to arrive. The breakfast was really good, but not very hot.

Immediately after hanging up from ordering breakfast I called to confirm the check out time. This time I spoke to Karina who told me the latest we could check out was 1pm and that Imani told us wrong the day before and if we stayed till 2pm we would have to pay a half days room rate. What was ironic was my next question was going to be what would be the cost to stay another night, but since Karina was so very blunt and rude, I was like we are outta here ASAP. Check-out was as simple and a quick as the check-in.

Overall, it was not a bad experience, just needs some service tweaks. We may consider another stay in the future since we loved the ambiance and location of the hotel for a quick romantic get-a-way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple