“Unique hotel experience:)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 500 Hotels in Houston
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“Unique hotel experience:)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel Zaza is not typical in any way...hard to describe, bordello chic? We were amongst a large group reservation for my niece's wedding. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I am a native Houstonian and this hotel was formerly the iconic "Warwick Hotel". I have many lifetime memories here. Stay here and enjoy a very unique hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Amanda G!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you find the Z a unique place to stay! The hotel is definitely eclectic and rich in history.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at the Z!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you've never stayed in one of the suites on the top floor... boy howdy, you're in for a treat. I stayed in the rock & roll suite.. one of the magnificent seven suites - it was amazing. They had a welcoming cheese and fruit tray in the dining room, along with the 2 Budweisers on ice that they always have when I stay Zaza.. Pictures of Elvis, Mick, and Bowie everywhere... the view of downtown Houston.. stunning. Zaza in Houston is just so cool, and in such a nice location. I wished I could have stayed for longer, just a quick work trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite on the top floor... you won't regret it - Zaza is all about the customer expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerard M
Gerard M!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa. The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely worth experiencing! The eclectic suites are some of the many gems of the Z.

Plesae touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel on every level - could not have been more thrilled with our stay!!! I just wish there were of them and not just in Houston and Dallas! We stayed in the Splendido Suite and it was fabulously fun! We also had room service and it was delicious. They have horns on the front of their cars, a bouquet of tootsie roll pops at the front desk and the most wonderfully whimsical decor. LOVE!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Denali5540
Denali5540!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is a definitely eclectic. We will be expanding our brand to Austin in soon! Stay tuned! We love ya at ZaZa!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is eclectic and very pretty; it is a true boutique hotel, however some areas of service need a bit more attention.

We chose to stay a ZaZa to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We called ahead and spoke with Imani to get info on early arrival and late departure. She advised that the room was ready and we could come at any time, that was at 9:30 am, I thought that was awesome. Imani also advised we could check out as late a 2pm. I also asked about having something setup in the room to celebrate the occasion and she had the concierge to call me back. He did call back within 15 mins and I advised him we would be there between 1-2, he agreed he would take care of an amenity for us.

When we arrived check-in was simple and we got into the room fairly quickly. This is where things change for me, stepping off the elevator on the 3rd floor the smells changes to a kind of damp, musty smell. Once in the room the smell becomes a very strong, moldy smell. Housekeeping immediately came in and sprayed the carpet, but that did not help, the smell was there and really strong the entire visit.

Next, I was hoping to find some type of celebratory setup, there was nothing. The bellhop Seth had the concierge to call us after I mentioned it and I was then told, the setup/amenity would is normally ready until after 4pm. I was fine with that, but I wished I had been advised during the phone conversation earlier that morning and I could have had something delivered to surprise my husband. The setup/amenity did not actually arrive until about 5:15ish, but hey at least he still enjoyed the strawberries.

We waited till we got to the hotel to eat lunch and were going to order room service, when my husband called to order lunch the phone just rang and rang, no answer. We ended up going down to Monarch and having lunch there. The service was great; our waitress was very attentive and really quick. We enjoyed the food and the quiet setting. The rest of the evening went well, we had dinner away from the hotel, and it was easy in and easy out via the valet.

The next morning we ordered breakfast through room service at about 7:30, this time they answered promptly, stating a 30-35 minute delivery time. I it actually took over an hour for breakfast to arrive. The breakfast was really good, but not very hot.

Immediately after hanging up from ordering breakfast I called to confirm the check out time. This time I spoke to Karina who told me the latest we could check out was 1pm and that Imani told us wrong the day before and if we stayed till 2pm we would have to pay a half days room rate. What was ironic was my next question was going to be what would be the cost to stay another night, but since Karina was so very blunt and rude, I was like we are outta here ASAP. Check-out was as simple and a quick as the check-in.

Overall, it was not a bad experience, just needs some service tweaks. We may consider another stay in the future since we loved the ambiance and location of the hotel for a quick romantic get-a-way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cvetteadk1
Carrboro, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Zaza is unique - I don't know how to describe the decor. I've stayed twice, once in a double room with a balcony and once in a king room. Somehow the balcony room was more charming, although the beds seem like they would be small if two people actually tried to fit. I manage to forget toiletries every time and the front desk always helps me out. The free shuttle is great and we never waited long for a ride. Good wine list in the bar albeit pricey. Chocolates each night. Right on top of Rice U. I will be staying here again soon.

Room Tip: Don't try to put two people in each bed in the doubles with balconies!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NCreviewer
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
NCreviewer!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful stay at the hotel! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the complimentary Magic Carpet Ride service, I am pleased that you enjoyed the shuttle ride!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

My favorite hotel in Houston. I stayed in July 2014 in a suite 527, which was upgraded for free. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bath robe so soft and pretty, the bed perfect. I bought the robe (they sell them at the front deck for appr. $79). The hotel decor instantly transforms you to a vacation state of mind. The restaurant food good enough but the staff was great and attentive. Overall - I highly recommend this place. Coming back this week!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Agprbio!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy your upgraded stay at Hotel ZaZa was filled with comfort & serenity. Excellent service is key at the Z! I am glad you love the bath robe; it's one of the many gems of the hotel!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This was a fantastic weekend getaway!! The only thing that didn't cooperate was the weather. Sooo...we didn't get to experience the poolside service that is so highly recommended & raved about. Therefore we enjoyed the room & room service!! It was extremely relaxing & enjoyable! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2014
Kristy L!

Thank you for the delightful review! I am pleased to read that you had a lovely visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Z is definitely an oasis away from bad weather! I am glad you enjoyed room service as well during your stay.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya1