Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
  • Room Service
$235
$200
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$262
The Houstonian(Houston)
$399
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$219
$334
$299
Marriott Hotels
1,779 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelherman parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centercar servicefavorite hotelwithin milesmile radiusthe entire staffgreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We have stayed here a few times and enjoyed it. The pool area is shady and breezy...a perfect place to enjoy a poolside drink in the evening, but the pool bar closes at 7 pm. What? Who closes a bar at 7?

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank FifteenplusThree
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

FifteenplusThree!

Thank you for the feedback! I am happy to read that you had a delightful time at the ZaZa Poolside! The serene area is definitely a lovely spot to relax.

In regards to the pool bar, your comments have been noted! Our restaurant bar in the Monarch is open late for guests to indulge in a delish drink.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at Hotel ZaZa for three days during a business trip to Houston. Every aspect of my stay was excellent. The room was comfortable, and the courtesy shuttle (aka Longhorn Limo) made local travel very easy. All of the staff were very helpful, and the meals at the Monarch were truly delicious (one lunch and breakfast x2). Don't miss the blue crab Benedict! I hope I make it back to try the spa, or stay in a signature suite. The art and decor throughout the hotel gives it a trendy, boutique feel, not at all like a big chain.

Room Tip: My room was on 3 and there was no noise or temperature issues.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Steven G!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am happy to read that you had a delightful stay at the hotel! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the Monarch, I am glad you enjoyed the delicious food!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I live in Houston but I love staying in luxury hotels on my travels. Occasionally for date night, my girlfriend and I will go out for a nice evening and stay at one of Houston's lovely 4 star establishments. Out of all the hotels in the city, Zaza is one of my favorites! The staff is on point from the valet to the front desk to room service. I originally booked the Soho Loft, a 1000 sq ft bi-level, NYC styled suite. I got there early to check in before meeting my girlfriend but upon arrival I was informed that the suite was not ready. Seeing the disappointment on my face, the helpful young lady at the front desk got an approval to upgrade me to one of their Magnificent 7 Suites on the 12th floor. She informed me that I would now be staying in the Black Label Suite and that I wouldn't be disappointed. The suite I booked was already what I would consider rather expensive at over $600/night but the suite I was moving into booked regularly for more than $2000/night!!! Happy with the upgrade, I made my way to the elevator and up to the 12th floor. There are only 7 rooms on this floor and they don't have room numbers, they have names like "The Tycoon", "It Happened One Night" and my room, "The Black Label". Already impressed, I enter the suite. This suite is over 2,000 sq ft with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a formal dining room, kitchen, living room, breakfast area and a huge balcony with seating, another breakfast area and a soaking tub. Yes, a tub on the balcony. Upon entering there is a long art filled hallway. The floors are a dark colored wood with a shiny lacquer finish. Watch your step as you step up to enter the master bedroom which is decorated with a California king bed, a cushy chair, a chandelier, a large flat screen tv above a mantle and a giant window overlooking the West University area, The bathroom is massive! It has a double vanity, a large walk-in closet, a w/c, a stand alone shower and a garden tub with a window peering into the bedroom. The 2nd bedroom is smaller but still has a king sized bed with a large flat screen tv and closet. There is a window with a view into the breakfast area and balcony. The bathroom is nice but pretty standard with a single vanity, a toilet and shower. There is a kitchen with a full sized sub zero fridge. It's fully stocked with sodas, juice, Gatorade, Fiji water, coconut water, Pelligrino, Red Bull (regular and sugar free), wine and champagne. One of the cabinets contains a fully stocked bar but not with mini bottles. There are 750 ml bottles of everything from Grey Goose to Hennessy. On the counter lies a basket with snacks, a bottle of red wine and the price list for all of these lovely items. The kitchen continues with a dishwasher, sink, microwave, stove and an oven. If you want coffee, there are coffee beans, an electric grinder, a coffee maker and a cappuccino/espresso machine. The dining room table is marble topped with seating for 8. A large crystal chandelier hangs above it. As you enter the living room, there is a desk and chair and also a long dresser with a Bose sound system. The wraparound couch is accompanied by 2 throne-like chairs as they surround the coffee table. There is another large flat screen tv in the corner. There is a chaise lounge against the wall as you approach the breakfast area. In this area there is a round table with seating for 4. From either this room or the living room, you can exit out onto the humongous balcony. With a loveseat, chairs, a table with seating for 4 and the soaking tub, this is one of the best features of the suite! Large and immaculately decorated, the Black Label Suite is TOP NOTCH! Breakfast the next morning at Monarch was nice but the suite was the highlight of the stay!

Room Tip: The Magnificent 7 Suites are priced in the stratosphere but I do recommend at least upgrading to one of the concept suites. They are larger than the regular rooms and very well decorated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ajeomatic
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited Houston for the first time this past weekend and started the night at the Hotel Restaurant and Bar- the Monarch. The waitress made our ladies night was an unforgettable experience! Our cocktail waitress was so much fun we wanted to take her with us! We didn't know our way around the town and she gave us directions and tips. The service was wonderful and we ended up spending most of the night here. Thanks Elizabeth! We will def be returning!!! This service is rare today.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Smalltowngirl954!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am happy to read that you had a fabulous ladies' night at the Monarch recently! The hotel is a fantastic place to celebrate any special occasion.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My fiance and I were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and his birthday and chose to stay at Hotel Zaza in Houston. The online hotel pictures do not do it any justice! We arrived on Tuesday and we were promptly assisted with our luggage and our car was taken away, never to return! My fiance and I loved the view we had of the pool and the great city (Houston)! We ordered room service our first night and it was DELICIOUS!!!!! On Wednesday, as much as we enjoyed and love the room, we went to dinner with family and friends but, upon our return at 2 AM the guys were still our in the front awaiting our return to valet our car (amazing!!!). The morning we were departing I met Mary and we had a nice chat before we heading home sadly. I also met Ian the GM who is amazing and very nice! I am sure on my return I will be on the lookout for both of them! My fiance had a wonderful birthday and he is definitely looking into our next trip!!!!!!! Thank you Hotel Zaza!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda P

Brenda!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am happy to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z! I will commend Mary for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel.