1,874 results
All reviews monarch restaurant black label herman park rice university room service turn down service medical center within miles car service favorite hotel valet parking mile radius the entire staff great customer service free shuttle suite concierge
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I want to thank Hotel ZAZA for making mine and my husband's stay very memorable we will not forget it and we are talking about doing once a year! Our server at The Monarch Richard was the best he was awesome made us feel like a King and Queen!The spa omg IT WAS WONDERFUL we loved it so much I told my husband we should just go for a day to the spa and the restaurant! We were treated like Royalty Thank you so much for everything! The food OMG was sooo good we really did get what we paid for good food and great service! We live in Houston but staying there was like a little quick getaway for sure. We were put on Cloud 9! Thank all of you at HOTEL ZAZA for the wonderful experience we will not forget it.!!! muh besos chao!

Room tip: Get a room with a balcony facing the city it beautiful especially at sunset and sunrise!!! worth every minute of it! upper level better not so close to the street which is really not that noisy anyways but just to get the full picture!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

EvaMP2126!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you and your husband had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z. I will commend Richard for providing fantastic service to you at the Monarch!

In regards to ZaSpa, I am happy y'all had a WONDERFUL experience! The spa is definitely a serene environment.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights for a conference. Overall it was an excellent stay, out of my student budget in normal circumstances so intriguing to see how the other half lives! My room didn't have the promised balcony, which was a disappointment, but by the time I arrived I had been travelling for twenty hours and was too happy to see a bed to raise a fuss. The room was lovely apart from that minor blip - very clean and comfortable. The bed was huge and just the right firmness, though there were no extra blankets in the room for cooler nights, and the bathroom was very swish with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water. The turn down service was a nice touch and everyone I spoke with was very friendly and patient, particularly the concierge. It felt like no request or problem was too big or too small - I couldn't work out how to turn on my lamps and they sent up engineers within minutes to take a look for me.

Food was decent but I ate better outside of the hotel than in it. I was driven to several very good local restaurants courtesy of the excellent hotel shuttle service. The drivers were uniformly friendly and helpful, and one of them in particular really went above and beyond to make sure I got back to the hotel safely despite forgetting my phone. They aren't joking about the hotel being in the heart of the museum district, either - you can get to most of the major museums within a few minutes on foot, and the lovely Hermann park is just across the road.

The decor is a bit odd - lots of moody photo portraits of Prince and Madonna, and my bathroom had an odd picture of a man in pink pvc sitting at a piano, grimacing and squinting into the shower while a woman trod on his fingers. Other rooms I visited also sported strange nudes and tableaux. But I think if the hotel did not have these eccentric touches it may risk being bland-luxury. The fishpond in the lobby was a fun touch. The pool looked gorgeous - it was a shame that the weather was moody for much of the time i was there.

If you are here for a conference, bring a sweater as all the meeting rooms are aggressively air-conditioned, and if you aren't an experienced traveller in the US, remember that taxes are added on top of the room rate (this is not a criticism of the hotel, but it came as a surprise when the bill was more than I was expecting because I didn't realise the taxes were added on afterwards).

Overall, if you have the money to spare, someone else is paying, or you really fancy a treat, this is a very good hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

HuzzahHenry!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! The Z is definitely eclectic.

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle, I am pleased that you found the complimentary transportation helpful! The shuttle drivers will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

ZaZa Poolside is a big hit at the hotel. You will have to give it a go on your next visit! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing boutique hotel! The decor and design was similar to a W, but smarter and more interesting. Great artwork lines this property, and the lobby is very welcoming. ZaZa also has themed suites available that are massive! The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was HUGE! The pool and pool service were also on point. Beautiful artesian pool with drink service. Certainly a great way to enjoy a hot day in Houston.

Brian the manager was extremely accommodating and went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. The food in the restaurant Monarch was fantastic as well. We ate both breakfast and dinner there during our trip. Location wise, right in the middle of the museum district which couldn't be a greater spot. Last but not least, the service. AMAZING! Not only did we feel very welcome, but we felt like we were staying in a friends mansion for the 3 nights we were there. It is certainly the only hotel we will stay at in Houston going forward!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

ATLfoodie1976!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa last month. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

In regards to the pool, I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere! ZaZa Poolside offers a variety of refreshments to guests along with a serene environment to z-scape to after a busy day!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I love this unique boutique kind of feeling hotel. The staff was very friendly and the pool area as well as the rooms have a amazing ambience. The art in the room was very chic and I was served excellent cocktails and dinner by a staff employee by the name of Kathleen. She was super friendly and provided excellent service, which does not always happen at a lot of places I have stayed. I was very impressed. Overall a super amazing place with such friendly staff. I definitely would recommend it to family and friends.

Room tip: I have been a view time I would go with choosing a room with a view of the pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Brittani!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a SUPER visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! Smooth ambience & excellent service are key at the Z. I will definitely commend Kathleen for providing excellent service to you during your stay at the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to return to ZaZa, as I will have my team prepare Z-style for your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was at this hotel in March 2014 for a conference. The whole place is strikingly decorated and sort of sexy-sophisticated. My bed's headboard was an old (or old-fashioned) black-and-white photograph of a topless woman reclining on a circa 1900 sofa. That decor didn't really conform to what I normally see at conference locales, but I did enjoy the humorous and edgy character of the rooms and public spaces. We had some banquets and the food was EXCELLENT.

There is a great pool area. There were tons of young people there, and I wondered who they were to be able to afford the place. Several Ferraris rolling up to the front. I guess Houston

It is expensive, but worthy.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

flabarple!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you had a GREAT experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Our theme is definitely eclectic & sophisticated; I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere!

In regards to the food, I am happy you enjoyed your meals at the banquets you attended at the Z. We aim to provide delicious food to our guests! Our restaurant, the Monarch, is one of the many gems of Hotel ZaZa.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya!