Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Modern B&B(Houston)
1,780 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelherman parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centercar servicefavorite hotelwithin milesmile radiusthe entire staffgreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at the ZaZa for two nights in March of 2013. I have nothing but positives to say about this hotel. The decor is very artsy and unique, which I mean in a good way! The lobby is very large and spacious and the staff is friendly. The valet parking was also a great asset. The pool area is absolutely beautiful and so relaxing. They have a pool bar that serves drinks and food. The room was on the smaller side but it was comfortable and the bathroom was just wow so nice. We ordered room service the night before and got our breakfast at the exact time we asked for it, it was also very good and we got to eat it on the balcony. The shuttle service is so nice, they will drop you off and pick you up WHEREVER literally my cousin and I just wanted a subway sub and they took us. Kind of makes you feel like a celebrity in the big black SUV haha. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was not noisy at all, pets are also welcome at the hotel from what I saw. I had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

niicolestravels!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had an awesome stay at Hotel ZaZa last March. The decor is definitely eclectic!

In regards to transporation, the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel. No charge! I am happy you enjoyed the service!

Please give us a shout whenever you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as the Z team would love to create a Za-tacular visit for you. We love ya!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

After staying for 6+ weeks at the ZaZa, the experience was lovely. It is a well run property and everything will be done to make you comfortable. They have a lovely old hotel building---constraining the room size and configuration---and their design work is smart, edgy, comfortable and very well done. Beds, bathrooms, closets, amenities are all there and first rate. And a great 'feel' to the place----and the people watching is the best in town.

The bar is a great place as is the informal restaurant which is adjacent.

Room service can be slow or may not be exactly what was ordered. IF brought to their attention, it is certainly corrected and this should sort our as the new chef has a bit of time.

The available shuttle (a great longhorned SUV) is a great amenity and very well run---allow an extra 20 minutes (sit down at the front doors and reading a paper) to get on the list and you will be off and can call for a pick up.

The staff is most accommodating----just ask for anything you need or comment if you find something wanting. They do not anticipate your needs like a Four Seasons. And the staff has been there for several years and seem to enjoy being part of the ZaZa culture.

Room Tip: Views downtown or of the park and Rice University are wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

JTD1213!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful 6+ week stay at Hotel ZaZa! In regards to the design of the hotel, I am happy you find the place edgy! We are definitely almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, & always memorable!

In regards to service, I am pleased to read that you find the Z staff accommodating! Top notch service is key at the Z!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I always dream of staying at Hotel Zaza..On 12/15 I finally got that opportunity to experience a night I will never forget. It was my 17th year wedding anniversary for my husband and I. From the moment I arrive at this grand Hotel my journey begun. Valet parking the men gathered all my belonging and took it yo the front desk. Once I got to the desk the two clerks greeted me with a friendly smile. Once they found out it was my 17th wedding anniversary they gave me a 50.00 dollar Zaza bucks and complimentary drinks for two. The manger from concierge ( I believe his name is Lamonte) he greeted me and asked if I need anything to let him know. He came to my room with cheese and cracks so I can have something to snack on while I get ready for my big event. Also he called me to let me know my limo was downstairs waiting on me.
Once I returned to my room Hotel Zaza went over and beyond the call of duty for my room. We had chocolate covered strawberries, wine,
rose petals, and candles around my room. The mood was definitely set fit for my husband and I. Breakfast in bed and the beautiful view from my room was breathe taking. I appreciate 110% everything and I mean everything you did to make our 17th wedding anniversary a night we will never ever forget. I can't wait for 2016 when we have our 20th wedding anniversary celebration at your Hotel in one of your ballroom. See you soon!!!!
Marilyn Ellison

• Stayed: December 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

marilyn1214!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic 17th wedding anniversary celebration at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will definitely commend Lamar for providing superb service to you during your special visit with us!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team create a a signature experience for you!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a fantastic experience at Hotel ZaZa Houston. While I have stayed at the Dallas Hotel ZaZa previously, this was our first experience at Hotel ZaZa Houston. The hotel décor is beautiful – the lobby and rooms are fantastic. Mary S took excellent care of us also – THANK YOU. We received an upgraded room on arrival which was a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed pre-dinner and post dinner cocktails at the Monarch which was a great way to start and end the evening. Also, the shuttle service at the hotel makes everything so convenient. The shuttle will drop you off and pick you up anywhere within five miles of the hotel which makes it super easy to dine off premises.

Fantastic experience and will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

kstotts!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful time at Hotel ZaZa recently! I will definitely commend Mary for providing excellent service to you during your stay at the Za. Upgrades are an awesome treat!

In regards to the Monarch, I am happy you thoroughly enjoyed your visit at the restaurant!

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

ZAZA was amazing! This was my first time staying and it was superb starting with booking the room. We were helped by Keli with reservations, she was warm and thoughtful, she recommended the perfect room for the night and made sure all the details were handled. All of the staff was courteous and attentive from the bartender to the concierge. We had a fun night of bar hopping planned in Midtown and found that the complimentary shuttle was perfect for the night. I believe the driver's name was Ash, he was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a unique upscale experience in Houston.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Spendito Suite it was very spacious was like having apartment for the weekend.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

CARRIEDUCK!

Thank you for the spectacular feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will definitely commend Keli for providing superb service to you with the booking process!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff create a signature visit for you! We love ya at ZaZa!