“Great hotel, staff, location, service!”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #5 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Great hotel, staff, location, service!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Hotel ZaZa is a great place in the middle of the clogged freeways of Houston. It is quiet and you feel like (or at least I do) a queen when there. The staff is extremely professional, service oriented and remember your name if you are a repeat customer. Love, love, love the concept rooms--if you can make a reservation for one, it's definitely worth the spend. On every floor there is coffee and tea available in the morning and they encourage you to wear your ZaZa slippers and robe when going out to the hallway to get it--although I've never seen anyone do so, but it's fun and whimsical.

Food is good in the restaurant (Monarch), the gym has all you need and it overlooks the fantastic pool area. Great place to stay and in a great neighborhood--views of the fountains at night are beautiful. ZaZa staff and management know what they are doing--from large banquets to individual guests. Can't wait for ZaZa in Austin!

Room Tip: Any of the concept suites on 11 or Magnificent Seven on 12--live like a king or queen for a night!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
CeeVeeTX!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The concept suites are definitely awesome. I am happy you enjoyed the Butler's Pantry coffee & tea service as well.

In regards to the Monarch, I am happy you enjoyed the food! The restaurant definitely serves delish food & drinks.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Earth, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had the best experience at Hotel ZaZa. The staff was so friendly and the hotel was beautiful. We will definitely return and are excited to get a suite the next time around. Monarch had excellent food and drinks. Make sure to look at all the artwork and photographs around the hotel. You can tell that a lot of thought, time and attention went into making this hotel a unique experience. We recommend Hotel ZaZa to our friends and are happy to post our experience on trip advisor. Your stay will be memorable and you won't regret it. A+++

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
AudreyandCandiceG!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had the BEST experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Monarch definitely has some delish drinks & dishes; I am glad you enjoyed your visit at the restaurant!

Almost mystical, sometimes memorable, always memorable, Hotel ZaZa will definitely dazzle guests! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Through my job, i was allowed to stay at Hotel Zaza for a night. From the moment I walked in all the employees were very nice. The receptionist Zalika checked us in and was very helpful throughout the night if we had any questions or concerns. She told us the places to go in town for dinner and drinks. She was very nice and seemed to really enjoy her job. The atmosphere was great and also had a great crowd there. The rooms were exceptional. Can't think of one bad concern throughout the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Brian O!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful time at Hotel ZaZa recently. Top-notch service is key at the Z. I will definitely commend Zalika for providing superb service to you during your stay at the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I travel a lot for business. I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I've experienced in the past year. The service is excellent. The rooms were very quiet. Everything smelled clean (which is unusual for a hotel). The pool area was quaint, clean and inviting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JeannieO23!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic visit at the hotel! Excellent service is key at the Z.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

On a recent business trip a colleague recommended this hotel. On arrival there is the compulsory car parking service. On entrance to the lobby I knew straight away this hotel was in a different class to the normal business hotels. Opulence & atmospheric would summon up this hotel. Quirky art decorates the walls with unusual items all around - a large drum for a table. Bedrooms are decorated with romance in mind rather than function with lots of large glass mirrors. Overall a wonderful and costly experience.

• Stayed November 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hilary from High Wycombe!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. The Z is definitely eclectic!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston or Dallas as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband took me to Hotel Zaza as a surprise for my birthday a few weeks ago. What started out as a not so great first impression was turned around by your fabulous employee Mary! We arrived at 3:00 check in time and was told our room was not ready. Usually I would be disappointed but Mary was so personable and nice that it was hard to be. She gave us coupons for a drink in the Monarch room and we went to wait there and enjoy our drinks. Walked in the restaurant and it was not crowded at all. We sat on the terrace, looked at the menu and waited for our waitress to greet us. She passed by us 3 or 4 times without even a word. She them proceeded to wait on 2 other tables that were seated after us. We decided to go into the bar hoping that the service would be better. Again, nothing!! We stopped another employee (think he was a bus boy) and asked him to please send her over. We saw him go and talk to the same waitress when she came in the bar and again she ignored us and went back out to the terrace. We were shocked. By this time about 20 minutes had gone by. We decided to just go back out to the lobby, return the drink coupons and wait there. When we told Mary what had happened she was very apologetic. My husband explained that it was my birthday and our first impression of the hotel was not good. We told her not to, but she insisted on getting our drinks for us while we waited in our lobby for our room. She brought back our drinks and sat and talked with us for a minute. She then left to check on our room. A few minutes she came back with a Hotel Zaza bag filled with goodies including a Zaza robe! Very unexpected! A great surprise. Our room was then ready. LOVED the room. I think they called it a villa. It was facing the pool and had a balcony. When we talked to Mary earlier she asked if we had plans for dinner and we told her we had reservations at a restaurant near by. Not long after checking into the room we had a knock at the door. We were presented with a small (delicious) birthday cake, a cheese platter and a nice bottle of wine!! Soon after that we received a call from t (I think it was the restaurant manager) inviting us to dine in the restaurant, complimentary! We decided to take her up on her offer and enjoyed a great dinner that evening. We are still talking about the experience. Hotel Zaza will be our go to from now on! (used to be the Four Seasons) Again thank you for such a wonderful experience and please tell Mary thank you again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
A R!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you and your wife's initial impression of Hotel ZaZa was transformed into something spectacular! I apologize for the service issues you encountered during your check-in. I will definitely make sure Mary is commended for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as my team will have the spotlight on upon your next arrival! We love ya!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed November 17, 2013

There were no shortage of people to help when we pulled up in the driveway. They tripped over themselves to accommodate us and get our luggage. We were checked in immediately to the Houston, we have a problem suite. It was a fun suite. Life size astronaut, funky sixties furniture, and 3 balconies. Food was good from room service and the service was prompt. I had a great time and will definitely visit this hotel again!

Room Tip: Inquire on what theme suites are available, and pick one to suit your trip.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
tgrinne!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful time and received excellent service during your stay at the hotel! The Houston, We Have a Problem concept suite is definitely one of the many gems of the Z.

Please touch base when you wouldl like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!