“Hospitality and Luxury at it's finest!”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #7 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I arrived to the hotel early before the official check-in time. Zalika at the front desk had told me that my room wasn't ready yet and it could take about a hour. I told her I had an event that I needed to get ready for so I could leave soon. Once she saw I was concerned about making my event on time she took care of me. Without any long waiting time she moved me to a different room. Nothing like some southern hospitality........thank you Zalika! Did I mention, I love staying at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone traveling to the Houston market!

1  Thank WorkTraveler2
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

WorkTraveler2!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will definitely commend Zalika for providing excellent service to you during your stay at the hotel! Southern hospitality, indeed!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Zalika was of great assistance during my stay. From the moment I came to the front desk, Zalika was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. She was very helpful in directing me around the hotel property and was able to direct me to the places I needed to be in Houston. My experience at Hotel Zaza Houston was great and I couldn't ask for anything better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Rhc777!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will definitely commend Zalika for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I always have a wonderful time at this hotel. Always has wonderful service, food and atmosphere.
Any time I need to get away but cant go on vacation, I spend the weekend here. :) We came for the Halloween party, Had a blast! Food, dancing, and fun fun fun.

Room Tip: premium balcony rooms on the 4th floor are my favorite, except for the concept suites.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Deanie010!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am happy to read that you always receive wonderful service, food & a great atmosphere during your visits at Hotel ZaZa! The Halloween bash is always a blast at the Z. I am glad you enjoyed the festivities!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the world of ZaZa, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is absolutely perfect! A year ago, we spent our wedding night here as well. The staff, rooms, food, and overall facility was the absolute best both times. My husband planned a surprise 1 year wedding anniversary night at ZaZa. Concierge Justin Sparks made everything perfect with flowers and champagne in the room........could not have been any more perfect for a romantic anniversary night. The room service and hotel restaurant had excellent choices of food which was all great! There is not a better hotel in Houston!

Room Tip: The room "An affair to remember" or any of the themed rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

j p!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased to read that your wedding night & anniversary were absolutely wonderful experiences at Hotel ZaZa! Justin is one of the Z's rock stars; I will definitely commend him for providing superb service to you during your stay at the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the world of ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel ZAZA continues to exceed my expectations.
The ambience is inviting- yet discreet.
A unique- like none other, Gorgeous Hotel- with Remarkable Service!
To mention a few of the many-
Most recent visit
(names may sound like)
Front Desk
Rachel, Alex, Rez, Za (abbrev..)
Concierge
Justin
Monarch Restaurant
Daniel, Erin, Erica (Bartender)
Spa
Karen, Varissa, Veda
Bell- Valet
Erin, Maggie, Nahamadou
Thank You!

Thank You Hotel ZAZA- !

• Stayed: November 2013

mcc627!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that you always enjoy your visits at Hotel ZaZa! I will most definitely commend every ZaZa staff member you mentioned in your review.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff create a signature Z experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is fabulous. Contemporary Art collection on walls - you feel like living in a Modern Arts Museum.
This time I got free upgrade to a great Mexican style suite with to balconies looking over swimming pool.
You can have a free ride to anywhere in town on hotels limousine or rent a Ferrari/Bentley/Mercedes SLK

MansoorMirza!

Thank you for the awesome feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am glad you found the atmosphere fabulous! The Z is almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, & always memorable!

In regards to the complimentary Magic Carpet Ride service, the Z team will transport guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was in town for a night with my husband to attend a wedding. This was the hotel they chose for everyone to stay at. We had problems checking in as I guess they were sold out the night before and folks were not checking out, so they did not have rooms ready in time. We literally had to wait hours to check in which was not fun. They said they'd call us when our room was ready so we went to the pool, and way after official check in time, we still had not heard from them, so we went to the desk and they finally gave us a room. We quickly had to dress for wedding, and then checked out of hotel at 6AM the following morning to catch our flight home. I wish I could tell you more about the hotel, but we spent little time there. The pool is very small, and does not have great access to sun since it is in the courtyard/interior of hotel. We ordered drinks and lunch at the pool and it took forever to come. We reminded the staff 30 minutes later, and they pretty much admitted the forgot to ring in the food. You have to go up to the bar at the pool to order, as they do not come to your table or chair. (and there were only about 10 people tops out by pool so not crowded.) The restaurant downstairs looked great, but we did not get a chance to eat there. Folks we were with raved about it. The rooms have a good look to them - and I did love that they put coffee and tea bars on each floor so that you do not have to make coffee in your room, but can get some for free without having to go down to the lobby - nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

AXO1010,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the Butler's Pantry coffee & tea service! The drinks can be found on every guest floor of the hotel.

In regards to your check-in & pool bar service, I apologize for the less than stellar experience. Such service is not the standard at the ZaZa! I will definitely have a word with my teams regarding your experience, so that such events do not occur again in the future.