“Simply Delightful”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My daughter and I were in the Houston area for a medical visit. We chose Hotel ZaZa as it was conveniently located to the Houston Medical Center. We were greeted by a warm and accommodating staff. The hotel was eclectically decorated with a modern charm. We dined at the Hotel ZaZa's restaurant Monarch. The cocktails were right on target and the meal was delicious. Our stay was a memorable one and we will certainly stay at Hotel ZaZa again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Redfishgirl63
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Redfishgirl63!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy to read that you and your daughter had a pleasantly memorable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z team wants all guests to have an enjoyable & comfortable experience at every visit.

In regards to the Monarch, I am glad you found your meal delish & the cocktails top notch! LOVE IT!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our kids surprised us with a get away week-end for our 49th anniversary. We were extremely pleased when we entered the beautiful lobby at ZaZa. Mary welcomed us as if we were her only quest. The entire staff made us feel welcome and they went out of their way to make our stay special. The room was exceptional, quiet, spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The Monarch Restaurant is a fantastic place to dine the food is excellent and we found the patio dinning area very romamtic. The atmosphere of the hotel was such that we were comfortable and spent our entire week-end in and around the hotel. Hotel ZaZ is located in a wonderful historic part of Houston. We can't wait for our "50th Annerversity" because we plan to return..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Jack V!

Thank you for the excellent feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! Happy 49th Anniversary! I am pleased to read that your stay was extra special. We at ZaZa want our guests to have a magical experience at every visit!

In regards to service, Mary does a wonderful job at the front desk; I will definitely commend her for providing superb service to you and your wife during your celebratory stay!

Please touch base when you are ready to dive back into the almost mystical world of ZaZa, as I would love to create a signature Z experience for your 50th Anniversary!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I found myself in Houston and had no hotel room. Hotel ZaZa not only found me a room but gave me a price (and upgrade) for well below the normal Houston hotel comparisons. It was well designed, the restaurant had great food, and my room was comfortable and quiet. Justin Smith at the Front Desk created a wonderful experience and made Hotel ZaZa my hotel of choice whenever I am in Houston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mitchel L
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Mitchel L!

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Monarch is the perfect place to enjoy a savory meal or cocktail; I am glad you enjoyed the food! Justin will definitely be commended for a job well done!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Finally got a chance to return to Hotel ZaZa and it may actually be better than last time. The level of service is still exceptional.
Even on a June weekend with big weddings at the hotel, the staff was attentive to our every need and even anticipated some.
The Fantastico suite lives up to its name in delivering spacious, delightful and indulgent living. The suite is large enough to live in but warm and inviting for a romantic stay.
Food is again delicious to the point of being sinful.
We cannot wait to return and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Our favorite is a NASA themed suite named Houston we have a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

tf403!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am so happy to read that you had an amazing time at Hotel ZaZa! The various Concept & Fantastico Suites are definitely worth reserving! The Monarch is always whipping up a delish dish or cocktail; I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal at the restaurant.

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked a romantic birthday celebration at Hotel ZaZa in Houston and it was AWESOME. The staff was suburb !!! I explained that this was for my husband and I wanted to make it extra special and everyone went out of their way !! Mary at the front desk was GREAT letting me into the room early to decorate and Gideon our server at the Monarch restaurant was so WONDERFUL !! She had took my table decorations and had everything ready when we came down to dinner. It was the best dinner and finest service I have ever had. Thank you ZaZa.

Room Tip: see about upgrades, they are very willing to accommodate
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Kellye1963!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful birthday celebration at Hotel ZaZa recently! I will definitely commend Mary & Gideon for providing superb service to you during your stay at the hotel.

Dive back into the world of ZaZa soon for another eclectic getaway! We love ya!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We rented four rooms at ZaZa. The rooms were extremely clean and spacious with ample electric outlets. The bathroom was well designed: large walk-in shower. The beds were very comfortable. The balcony was very nice, though the view of building tops was less than spectacular -- that's Houston. The food in the restaurant was the best I've had in a hotel, though the selection is not huge. The spa is a luxurious experience with masseuse and sauna. The pool is nice. There's a pool bar. The pool water was way too cold in June. The best thing about Zaza is the location. Within walking distance are Miller Outdoor Theater, the Houston Zoo, Rice University, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, The Health Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, the Contemporary Arts Museum of Houston, the Holocaust Museum Houston, the Children's Museum of Houston, Houston Japanese Garden...and a lot more. The street car which passes next to Zaza will take you into downtown. If you need a car, Zaza will provide a hotel owned bus or cab. It's 15 minutes to Minute-maid Park. Finally, there were no bedbugs in our rooms. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank o517375

o517375!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy you find Hotel ZaZa to be the "perfect hotel" in Houston! ZaZa is happy to transport guests complimentarily within a five-mile radius of the hotel by way of the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service. In regards to ZaSpa, I am pleased to read that you had a luxurious experience during your visit!

In regards to location, Hotel ZaZa is situated in the beautiful Houston Museum District! The area is definitely worth exploring while in Houston!

All in all, thank you again for the great review, o517375! Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the world of ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great staff! Awesome boutique hotel with personality. I booked a room for my Mom since she was having surgery in the med center and they made her feel special and went over and above to make her stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Anthony H
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Anthony!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that your mom had a comfortable stay at Hotel ZaZa. Guest satisfaction is key at the Z.