“Exceeded my lofty expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #5 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Lake Charles
“Exceeded my lofty expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Finally got a chance to return to Hotel ZaZa and it may actually be better than last time. The level of service is still exceptional.
Even on a June weekend with big weddings at the hotel, the staff was attentive to our every need and even anticipated some.
The Fantastico suite lives up to its name in delivering spacious, delightful and indulgent living. The suite is large enough to live in but warm and inviting for a romantic stay.
Food is again delicious to the point of being sinful.
We cannot wait to return and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Our favorite is a NASA themed suite named Houston we have a problem.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
tf403!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am so happy to read that you had an amazing time at Hotel ZaZa! The various Concept & Fantastico Suites are definitely worth reserving! The Monarch is always whipping up a delish dish or cocktail; I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal at the restaurant.

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked a romantic birthday celebration at Hotel ZaZa in Houston and it was AWESOME. The staff was suburb !!! I explained that this was for my husband and I wanted to make it extra special and everyone went out of their way !! Mary at the front desk was GREAT letting me into the room early to decorate and Gideon our server at the Monarch restaurant was so WONDERFUL !! She had took my table decorations and had everything ready when we came down to dinner. It was the best dinner and finest service I have ever had. Thank you ZaZa.

Room Tip: see about upgrades, they are very willing to accommodate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kellye1963!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful birthday celebration at Hotel ZaZa recently! I will definitely commend Mary & Gideon for providing superb service to you during your stay at the hotel.

Dive back into the world of ZaZa soon for another eclectic getaway! We love ya!
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We rented four rooms at ZaZa. The rooms were extremely clean and spacious with ample electric outlets. The bathroom was well designed: large walk-in shower. The beds were very comfortable. The balcony was very nice, though the view of building tops was less than spectacular -- that's Houston. The food in the restaurant was the best I've had in a hotel, though the selection is not huge. The spa is a luxurious experience with masseuse and sauna. The pool is nice. There's a pool bar. The pool water was way too cold in June. The best thing about Zaza is the location. Within walking distance are Miller Outdoor Theater, the Houston Zoo, Rice University, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, The Health Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, the Contemporary Arts Museum of Houston, the Holocaust Museum Houston, the Children's Museum of Houston, Houston Japanese Garden...and a lot more. The street car which passes next to Zaza will take you into downtown. If you need a car, Zaza will provide a hotel owned bus or cab. It's 15 minutes to Minute-maid Park. Finally, there were no bedbugs in our rooms. It was a great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank o517375
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
o517375!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy you find Hotel ZaZa to be the "perfect hotel" in Houston! ZaZa is happy to transport guests complimentarily within a five-mile radius of the hotel by way of the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service. In regards to ZaSpa, I am pleased to read that you had a luxurious experience during your visit!

In regards to location, Hotel ZaZa is situated in the beautiful Houston Museum District! The area is definitely worth exploring while in Houston!

All in all, thank you again for the great review, o517375! Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the world of ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great staff! Awesome boutique hotel with personality. I booked a room for my Mom since she was having surgery in the med center and they made her feel special and went over and above to make her stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Anthony H
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Anthony!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that your mom had a comfortable stay at Hotel ZaZa. Guest satisfaction is key at the Z.

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed one night before a work interview. The hotel has a very modern, eclectic decoration, with art that some people might not be a fan of. My room was well appointed, quiet, spacious with a nice and big balcony overlooking the museum area.
No complaints about concierge service, attentive, always there to answer questions, and the shuttle service to the medical centers you can rely upon.
Again as other reviewers have noted, most of the museums, Hermann Park with the zoo, golf course and science museum, Rice, and the medical center all are adjacent to Hotel Zaza. I would recommend this hotel if you want to stay in a "different" hotel with all the amenities of a luxury hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
jmjvega!

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit at Hotel ZaZa last year! The complimentary Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service is an excellent transporation option; I am glad you found it reliable during your stay at the hotel!

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Last month i went to the Hotel to the Latino Learning Center Event, that was my first time on Zaza and i was very impressed with the Valet Parking service. The valet parking guys were very kind to us, there was one named William who opened us the door and help us to go out from the car. I personally rate this service as 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Sandra Marcela R!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you received five-star service from the valet team during your visit at Hotel ZaZa! I will make sure William is commended for a job well done!

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a school reunion and were pleasantly surprised how much we liked the hotel. Many of the events were in the hotel, with frequent shuttles back and forth to the Texas Medical Center near-by for many events there also. This is a beautiful hotel with a young, fresh atmosphere. Staff were very attentive, and very helpful getting us to our off-site dinner when our van was missed. We loved it!

• Stayed April 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Kay from Scottsdale!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the ZaZa! Events at the Z are always a treat to experience. Whenever your plans return you to Houston, please touch base! I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!