Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
  • Room Service
$235
$200
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$262
The Houstonian(Houston)
$399
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$219
$334
$299
Marriott Hotels
1,779 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelherman parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centercar servicefavorite hotelwithin milesmile radiusthe entire staffgreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I came for a reunion, and found the staff t be very accommodating: I was able to check in early, I needed to change rooms because of noise issues and it was no problem despite it being a weekend, and they have free coffee/tea/newspapers just down the hall. The decor is like something out of a Tim Burton movie, but I kind of like that. The Warwick is dead. Long live ZaZa!

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive, ask for a room on a higher floor, since the ding ding ding of the trolley is right out on Fannin.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Kristin from Denver!

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy you enjoyed the atmosphere and amenities of Hotel ZaZa! We are definitely an eclectic hotel. Long live ZaZa, indeed!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend at zaza for a wedding that was also hosted at the hotel. I had a business item come up that I needed to have something notarized, and sent out that same day. The concierge was absolutely the best that I have ever encountered. Not only did she print my document, she arranged for a car to bring me to get it notarized and sent out. Throughout the weekend, we witnessed many other above and beyond customer service experiences, and continued to be impressed. Great work - the hotel staff must have a great system in place, they never missed a beat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Karmen from Milwaukee!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am very pleased to read that my team provided superb service to you during your stay at the hotel! AWESOME! Weddings at Hotel ZaZa are gorgeous events to experience. I will make certain that the concierge is commended for a job well done!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

In town for business and meetings at Rice University which was just a short (beautiful) walk away.

My arrival was greeted by excellent, friendly staff. The room was made available right away despite my early arrival and was spacious, comfy and relaxing.

Coffee and the paper right outside the door in the morning was a perfect start to the day and the pool a great way to take a break after my meetings.

The complimentary "shuttle" made it easy for me to experience a little of Houston during my free evening (be sure to eat at Ninfas- that is, if you feel any need to leave, Monarch's menu was quite satisfying) Ash, my driver, was beyond professional, friendly and made the ride great.

Also enjoyed the little quotes and ricecrispies with turn down service. Simple, yet unique..and much tastier than your typical chocolate chip cookie!

I think the whimsy and quirkiness of the hotel may not fit everyone's taste but make it unique and I personally loved it! Although I feel that it compliment's ZaZa's style, it is a bit dark inside.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

candy352!

Thank you for the wonderful review! WOW! I am very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the many gems that are offered at Hotel ZaZa! The Monarch is a fabulous place to grab a bite or sip a smooth cocktail.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Love the Zaza! Lived in Houston for several years and had been to the Monarch and Spa but never stayed at the hotel. Had the opportunity with a conference a few weeks ago and the experience did not disappoint! The room was great, the bed was incredibly comfortable. Loved the little touches (e.g. snack at turndown!) The service was impeccible, especially the conceirge named Blakely. She went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and was an absolute doll to our toddler. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Melissa B!

What fantastic feedback! I am glad you had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at Hotel ZaZa last month! I will definitely commend Blakely for providing superb hospitality to you and your family.

Z-scape back soon for another wonderful getaway at Hotel ZaZa, the Monarch & ZaSpa! We love ya!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had two Westhighland White Terriers with us and they staff was very friendly and accomdating. We stayed two nights and parked our car with the valet. They were very quick at retrieving the car. We visited Rice University which is a very short and very pleasant walk through the park.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

GregoryGW!

I am happy to read that you had a lovely visit at Hotel ZaZa with your two Westhighland White Terriers recently! The Z staff is all about providing fantastic service to guests. I am glad you received excellent hospitality during your stay!

Hotel ZaZa is situated in a beautiful area of Houston. Z-scape back soon for another pleasant getaway! We love ya!