“Excellent service !!!”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #7 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Zaza to celebrate our anniversary . Upon arrival the valet staff was very attentive and welcoming .The front desk atendent Cat made us feel at home and made sure everything was perfect . Room service had great Lamb chops ! Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and will be coming back .

• Stayed: September 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Syepes90!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased that you and your girlfriend had a lovely time celebrating your anniversary at Hotel ZaZa. I will definitely commend Kat for her excellent hospitality service to you both! I am glad you enjoyed the lamb chops - they are tasty! Check out the ambience and deliciousness of the fabulous Monarch Restaurant at your next visit to the hotel! We love ya!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had always heard wonderful things about Hotel ZaZa and so was extremely excited to plan a family Easter/50th birthday celebration with my family. I had very high expectations for the weekend and credit Manager Zach Carpenter with giving my family and I an experience that surpassed all of our expectations and a wonderful memory that I will treasure always. I have to admit that because of my high expectations, I was disappointed when an issue arose that required us to change rooms. Sensing the importance of this weekend to me, Zach went out of his way to make sure that we were moved to an incredible suite that made my family feel like we were in an episode of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", the marble bathroom alone was spectacular and the size of a bedroom! Not only was the suite absolutely beautiful with incredible views, but Zach personally checked in with us later and it was very obvious that it was important to him that we have a great weekend. I also have to credit V.P. Mathew Nuss for his attention to detail in running this beautiful resort. Upon entering our suite, a beautiful cake was sitting on a silver platter in honor of my birthday. All of the staff from our bellman Blake to our housekeeper went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was as enjoyable as possible. Even our dinner at the Monarch was a wonderful experience as the food, the atmosphere, and service were outstanding and again the manager made a point of making sure we were completely happy with everything. All in all I can't thank Hotel ZaZa enough for giving me and my family a truly incredible weekend and I look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Jill O!

Thanks for the outstanding review and kind words! I know we don't live in a perfect world and certainly appreciate it when our guests give us a chance to turn a situation around, like you have. To me, every business will experience an occasional slip up and it is how the business responds that sets it apart. To that end, Zach is one of our superstars! In fact, Zach has just been promoted to Night Manager due to his unbelievable passion for customer service - probably will be my boss sooner than later.

Again, thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt and allowing us to make your weekend memorable!

Hope to see you back in H-town soon!

All the best,

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President

Reviewed April 14, 2013

.In and out of this beautiful historic hotel for a dear friend's wedding. We walked to the church and back to ZaZa for an elegant evening of wonderful food and wine in a unique banquet room. Many cozy spots around the hotel to have private conversations; walls full of
Great artwork ....pics of women......everywhere. I got a group "wedding rate" which was close to
$250.00 including parking. Would hate to have had to pay full rate when I didnt have time to enjoy the hotel more....the lounge, the restaurant, etc.....

Gorgeous antiques and nice blend of older and contemporary.

• Stayed: April 2013

mavfan59!

Wow! "An elegant evening of wonderful food and wine..." LOVE IT! Thank you for the wonderful review. Hotel ZaZa is all about being eclectic; we're not one of those cookie-cutter hotels! Come back to experience more of the rich ambience that ZaZa has to offer! From the serene world of ZaSpa to the savory Monarch Restaurant...you are sure to have an almost mystical stay! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had our honeymoon here in late 1990's, it was one of the nicest hotels in Houston. Today, it has been heavily updated, and I believe it remains the nicest. Each week the decor is changed. The food and atmosphere rivals Tonys, Pappas, Marks , and Americas at the woodlands. The hotel has a club/bar that strives to have a scene similar to the W in Beverly Hills along with fast cars, a long line of non-hotel patrons hoping to get in, and hotel guest with easy access. I did not attend the club/bar, so I cannot comment. I love this place. Right outside you will see a large fountain in middle of street and walking dance you have many museums.

Room Tip: Ask for room 360. You will get private are for pool. If you see celebrities do not bother them, very...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Eyesoftexas1997!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased that you find Hotel ZaZa the nicest hotel in Houston! The Z staff is always creating new concepts for the hotel.

In regards to the Monarch, thank you for your kind words! The restaurant has a vast selection of tasty dishes and drinks. Next time you plan a trip to the Z, check out the lounge! Great energy and night life can be experienced at Hotel ZaZa! We love ya!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at hotel ZaZa as part of a wedding group. The location, service, and rooms left us wishing for more. We will definitely come back for a mini vacation as well as look forward to this hotel coming to Austin! Thanks for a wonderful relaxing time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Peakay60!

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased that you had a thoroughly enjoyable visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! Events at Hotel ZaZa are always exciting to experience first hand.

In regards to Austin, the ZaZa family is eagerly anticipating the grand opening as well!! Woohoo! Z-scape back soon for that mini vacay and indulge in the serene world of ZaSpa! We love ya!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice modern decor. The hotel staff was really friendly and helpful. The hotel is over priced for the room size and quality you get, but it is centrally located in Houston. The valet service was convenient but due to an event at the location, we had to wait a while to get our car parks and retrieved.

It was nice to have a self-service coffee/tea bar near the elevators. We woke up late and missed breakfast, but we were still able to get a cup of coffee right outside our door.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Elyssa!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased that you had a lovely stay at Hotel ZaZa last autumn. In regards to the Butler's Pantry, I am happy you enjoyed the complimentary tea & coffee service! Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the world of ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the ZaZa because we love the one in Dallas. However the Houston ZaZa isn't of the same caliber.

The size of our room was good (Splendida Suite) but the overall cleanliness left a lot to be desired. There was a strange odor from the bedlinens and towels...almost as if they had been washed without detergent or just not washed properly. The shower gel, shampoo etc were only replaced twice (we stayed for 7 days) We had to keep calling down for replacements. They were tiny little tubes so, considering there were two of us, they should have been replaced automatically every day. We also had to call a few times for water. We called reception on day 2 to explain our concerns but nothing changed for the whole stay.

On day one there was a wine cork and a bottle cap on the carpet near the fridge. They were still there on Day 7 which to me means that the room wasn't vacuumed once in 7 days.

The concierge, Rida, was great. He is every helpful and booked us some fab restaurants (Uchi is a must if you are in the area) The valet staff are also quite good.

When we were checking out we mentioned our concerns yet again but just got a shrug. My husband and I stay in a lot of hotels and to be honest the ZaZa will have to step up their customer service to stay on top of the game. Hotels are only as good as their last review after all.

The hotel is tired and needs a makeover but in the meantime keeping the rooms clean and the guests happy would be a good start!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was a good size (one of the Splendida Suites) but don't bother with room s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thanks for your review! I apologize for the shortfalls you experienced. I would like to ensure our readers and guests that we take each and every comment constructively, In response to your review, I have rallied the troops so we can report on your observations.

We do all of our laundry service in house in order to control the quality. We check our detergent mix on a daily basis to ensure top quality and our vendor comes in weekly to monitor as well. I can safely say we have that process dialed in quite nicely. With that being said, we will revisit the processes to ensure we are still on point and we continue to put forth a quality experience as we typically get nothing but compliments on the quality of our terry and linens. We definitely want to pass the sniff test!

The cork! Ugh, the cork! I shared your feedback with the housekeeping team and we all went on a field trip to your room this morning. Happy to report to our collective readers there was no cork! In any event we took the opportunity to revisit our room processes with the room attendants and our inspectors. We can always get better!

Bath amenities. It is our policy to always have a full set of bath amenities replenished daily. For example, if you have an open shampoo, conditioner, bath gel or lotion on the vanity or in the shower we place full tubes in the amenity tray which allows you to still utilize the ones you have opened with full bottles in reserve. After checking the customer call log, I see you did request a refill and we got it up there within 5 minutes. I only saw one call throughout your stay. Again, a teachable moment for our team.

Your comment regarding water was both concerning and confusing. I checked the replenish logs from our private bar service and did not see where any water was consumed from your private bar throughout the stay. Also, I do not see calls on our log from your room to replenish the water. Again, I am still having the team comb through the customer call logs and I apologize if we missed it. More to come on that.

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. As I mentioned earlier, we welcome, embrace and react to all feedback. So, please share with your husband that we definitely are embarrassed about the shrugged shoulders he experienced upon checkout and it won't happen again!

Best,