“Spectacular and so different”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #5 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Oslo, Norway
“Spectacular and so different”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I love visiting Houston because that means I get to check in at the Zaza. This hotel is so chic and that comined with excellent service adds up to a memorable stay. It is so nice to wake up at the Zaza, great views from many of the rooms showing the Houston skyline. At least when you wake up at the Zaza you know which city you are in. Travelling a lot means often staying in hotels that look alike irrespective of the city. This boutique hotel is unique!

Room Tip: So many rooms to chose from so look around and find one that suits your needs. I love the king with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Moya from Oslo!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy you thoroughly enjoy your visits to Houston because of ZaZa's eclectic atmosphere! The hotel is definitely not a cookie-cutter hospitality establishment. Touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

First stay at Zaza checking in on February 28th. Hotel was somewhat easy to find and valet staff was efficient and friendly. The front desk agent (Kat?) seemed uninterested and annoyed that she had to end her personal cell phone conversation. Her check check in and run thru on the amenities was memorized and read so fast that it couldn't be retained or heard. I likened it to a very unhappy airline stewardess telling you were the emergency exits were located. The room (341) is nicely appointed but small and very noisy as its right on the street. Tiny shower, no vent fan in the restroom and charging $16 each for several of the bath amenities seemed a bit excessive.

Overall, a decent physical property with a funky vibe, albeit somewhat dated. However, the poor front desk staff, the size of the room and the lack of sound insulation from outside noises will make this my last stay here.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Larry M
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Larry M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I sincerely apologize for the less than stellar first visit to the hotel. I will reiterate to all front desk staff members the expectation ZaZa has of its team - excellent hospitality.

Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience at the hotel.
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a Veteran of the United States Navy and I wanted to give my wife a birthday she would always remember. I shopped around to different hotels, but Hotel ZaZa had the best overall package. I went to ZaZa and was shown their specialty rooms. I fell in love with the Splendido suite and booked it. Not only did the staff confirm everything with me, but they were in constant contact via email to ensure that I had everything I needed to make my wife's birthday special. On the day of check in, I was unknowingly upgraded to the Rock Star suite which was beyond my wildest imagination. This room was not only larger than the room I selected, but it was unbelievably gorgeous. The customer service during our stay was UNPARALLEL to any other hotel I have ever stayed in. I can't say enough about the staff and how wonderful they made our stay. My wife and I were ecstatic with our accomodations and will definitely stay there over and over. They made us truly feel like we were Rock Stars!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone coming to Houston or if you're doing a staycation like we did!

Room Tip: Book one of the Concept Suites--worth every penny!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron W
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Aaron in Pearland!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that your wife's birthday celebration at Hotel ZaZa was absolutely wonderful. The Rock Star Suite is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad the Z team surprised you with the fantastic upgrade! Please touch base when you would like to plan another z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest or red carpets upon your arrival!
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing stay at Hotel Zaza while visiting the HFAM show of Spanish Masters. Fun renovation of an older property. The beds, bedding, and linens are top quality. Will definitely stay here when I return to Houston.

Spa is great and the body treatments outstanding. Was disappointed the steam room was down during my stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
DenverGirl14!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am happy your stay at Hotel ZaZa was pleasant! Guest comfort is one of ZaZa's top priorities; I am glad you indulged in the spa during your visit! The ZaSpa is one of the many gems of the hotel.

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A symposium on Fabergé at the Houston Natural Sciences Museum had me bound for Houston, Texas. Hotel ZaZa was one of the recommended hotels at a 'special rate'. It was a perfect choice as it was in the 'museum district'. The website and literature from the symposium organisers painted it as an 'unexpected feast for the senses'. Couldn't quite see where this came from., but it was a good hotel with a small pool and a very friendly staff. Generally efficient, the highlighted cordless telephone did not work and the pool had a broken handrail. Yes, there were 'zanny' elements that made me chuckle - the feet of the bed were silver lion's feet. The restaurant had a small but adequate menu and the waiting staff were friendly. Really convenient for the museums. It may be a bit 'out' for non-museum enthusiasts. Having said that, it was peaceful but popular with the locals.

JPA38210!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa during your visit in town for the Fabergé symoposium at the HMNS! ZaZa is definitely not a cookie cutter hospitality establishment; I am happy you found the decor in your guest room eclectic!

In regards to the phone issue & broken pool handrail, I will speak with my team immediately. Please touch base with me, as I would like to obtain more details concerning your experience at the hotel.

All in all, thank you again for the feedback. When your travels return you to H-town, z-scape back to ZaZa! I will make sure my staff rolls out the reddest or red carpets upon your arrival!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

After night after night of business travel in a plastic marriott, I gave up the chain points to stay someplace that looked interesting. ZaZa rocks. From the old school candy left with turn down service, to the picture of jack black in my room.. the place is out to make you smile, or atleast grin.. Felt like I was in a combination of an Ian Schrager Hotel in the early 90s and Hollywood. Loved the decor, from Sinatra's mug shot to Prince... this place just has a good vibe. Staff was great. Only wish I could have hit the pool.. it was all work.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the third floor with a pool view. I fell asleep on the round couch on the deck.
Gerard M!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the eclectic ZaZa vibe! The ZaZa Poolside is one of the many gems of the hotel; check it out at your next visit! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!
Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This delightful property right in the midsts of Houston's museum distric is a business traveler's dream. Excellent customer service and nice rooms combined with a great location makes things so easy for a traveler needing to be near the medical mecca.

Lazrlady!

Thank you for the great review! I am glad you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is situated in a lovely part of H-town. Touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my team create a signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!