“Lively hotel bar and restaurant with comfortable King room and private balcony.”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #4 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing stay at Hotel Zaza while visiting the HFAM show of Spanish Masters. Fun renovation of an older property. The beds, bedding, and linens are top quality. Will definitely stay here when I return to Houston.

Spa is great and the body treatments outstanding. Was disappointed the steam room was down during my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

DenverGirl14!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am happy your stay at Hotel ZaZa was pleasant! Guest comfort is one of ZaZa's top priorities; I am glad you indulged in the spa during your visit! The ZaSpa is one of the many gems of the hotel.

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A symposium on Fabergé at the Houston Natural Sciences Museum had me bound for Houston, Texas. Hotel ZaZa was one of the recommended hotels at a 'special rate'. It was a perfect choice as it was in the 'museum district'. The website and literature from the symposium organisers painted it as an 'unexpected feast for the senses'. Couldn't quite see where this came from., but it was a good hotel with a small pool and a very friendly staff. Generally efficient, the highlighted cordless telephone did not work and the pool had a broken handrail. Yes, there were 'zanny' elements that made me chuckle - the feet of the bed were silver lion's feet. The restaurant had a small but adequate menu and the waiting staff were friendly. Really convenient for the museums. It may be a bit 'out' for non-museum enthusiasts. Having said that, it was peaceful but popular with the locals.

JPA38210!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa during your visit in town for the Fabergé symoposium at the HMNS! ZaZa is definitely not a cookie cutter hospitality establishment; I am happy you found the decor in your guest room eclectic!

In regards to the phone issue & broken pool handrail, I will speak with my team immediately. Please touch base with me, as I would like to obtain more details concerning your experience at the hotel.

All in all, thank you again for the feedback. When your travels return you to H-town, z-scape back to ZaZa! I will make sure my staff rolls out the reddest or red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

After night after night of business travel in a plastic marriott, I gave up the chain points to stay someplace that looked interesting. ZaZa rocks. From the old school candy left with turn down service, to the picture of jack black in my room.. the place is out to make you smile, or atleast grin.. Felt like I was in a combination of an Ian Schrager Hotel in the early 90s and Hollywood. Loved the decor, from Sinatra's mug shot to Prince... this place just has a good vibe. Staff was great. Only wish I could have hit the pool.. it was all work.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the third floor with a pool view. I fell asleep on the round couch on the deck.

Gerard M!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the eclectic ZaZa vibe! The ZaZa Poolside is one of the many gems of the hotel; check it out at your next visit! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This delightful property right in the midsts of Houston's museum distric is a business traveler's dream. Excellent customer service and nice rooms combined with a great location makes things so easy for a traveler needing to be near the medical mecca.

Lazrlady!

Thank you for the great review! I am glad you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is situated in a lovely part of H-town. Touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my team create a signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently spent two nights in a corner room on the 8th floor of the Hotel ZaZa. The view of Houston was as stunning as the room itself. Nice and big, clean, quiet and it had it's own patio. Perfect for breakfast and coffee, sitting in your ZaZa robe.

The staff is both polite and helpful, without being intrusive. While I didn't have time to frolic in the pool (on the 2nd floor) it looks like it be a great place to see and be seen at.

The restaurant and bar at the Monarch is very good. Good service and well prepared food. Some of the prices seem a tad high, but then again, you are eating in a hotel restaurant.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Gregory F from Philly!

Thank you for the awesome feedback. I am very pleased that you had a fantastic time during your two-night stay at Hotel ZaZa. The Butler's Pantry is one of the many gems at the hotel; I am glad you enjoyed the morning coffee & tea service!

In regards to the Monarch, I am happy you enjoyed the food! Z-scape back to ZaZa & the Monarch soon for another eclectic getaway! We love ya!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spent our Valentine's / Anniversary at Zaza. Everything from the water pressure to the perfectly prepared room service breakfast to every staff member that we came into contact with was exceptional. Location is great too. Right next door to the museum of fine arts and only a couple blocks from the museum of natural science. The light rail is 1 block away and can get you downtown quickly.

Room Tip: Pick a balcony room or a room over the pool depending on your tastes.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ZaZaHouston, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Kyle T!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased that you found ZaZa exceptional all around during your Valentine's Day / Anniversary celebration at the hotel! Come back soon for another eclectic visit! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I tour all over the place with a multi platinum selling artist. This means that I pretty much live in between airports and hotels and let me tell you that very few places have such great customer service. My most recent visit was during the NBA all star weekend, which means a very hectic time for hotels and such. The group arrived before check in time and at the front desk I had the pleasure to be greeted by Katherina, who upon checking the status of all our rooms, kept me posted as rooms were ready and very kindly sat us at the restaurant and gave us complimentary drink and food vouchers while we waited.

I rarely get this kind of treatment, even from top notch chains such as Ritz Carlton or JW Marriott.

If you end up in houston, stay at the ZaZa.

• Stayed: February 2013

Daniaudio!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you received excellent customer service during your visit to the hotel. I will make certain that Katherina is commended for her superb service to you! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest or red carpets upon your arrival!