“Boutique Houston Hotel”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #7 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great place to stay! Very Chic.... If you are looking for a unique place to stay near the medical center it is an awesome choice. They have valet parking and a shuttle to the medical center. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. The room was beautifully decorated and very clean. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. It was just classy all the way! Their chandelier in the foyer is simply breathtaking! The only complaint I had was that my visit was just too short! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ZaZaHouston, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

neetrafford!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you had a wonderful "classy all the way" stay at Hotel ZaZa! As for service, I am very pleased that the Z staff provided you with superb hospitality. The Magic Carpet Ride Shuttle Service is an excellent transportation option for any guest looking to travel within a five-mile radius of Hotel ZaZa.

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Aparently a 4:00PM check in is only a suggestion for this place. After my room was not ready until 5:30, no one called to tell me it was ready, and I had to wait in the line at registration for the third time to get my key. Also, no one apoligized for the delay. Finall, our room was not too tidy whe we finally got in. The bed looked like someone had just sat in it after it was made, and one of the beds had the cover partially pulled down. Room was small and dark.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AntoineBaptiste
ZaZaHouston, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

AntoineBaptiste,

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your check-in experience, I apologize for the unsatisfactory service that you received. I am absolutely flabbergasted, as such subpar hospitality is not the norm at Hotel ZaZa; my team is very diligent in making certain ZaZa guests are warmly welcomed to the hotel. Please touch base with me, as I would like to gather more details concerning your stay at Hotel ZaZa.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was recently in Houston on business. I was there for a conference and several colleagues were all staying in the hotel and confirmed some of my observations. The good: excellent desk service, a great rate for conference participants, good bar and restaurant, large rooms (many with balconies and lovely park views), friendly staff, large and clean bathrooms with fantastic toiletries, and, best for me, free coffee on each floor near the elevators. Also, one of the rare times I saw healthy options on the minibar. I was able to grab a bag of unsalted almonds to take to a long meeting and was really pleased. The bad: I wonder if this hotel has experienced some sort of mold or mildew issues. Several of us on floors 4, 9, and 10 noticed a really odd, stale smell in the hallways and an overwhelming smell of bleach in our rooms that practically made your eyes burn. On the other hand, another colleague on 6 didn't find this. This is not my kind of decor -- all the mirrors and black lacquer (which doesn't stand up well to frequent use) made me think of Studio 54, Scarface, and Caesar's Palace. I was expecting to find a mirror on the ceiling. (On the other hand, this kind of kitschy decoration could be a huge plus for some.) Also, memo hotel housekeeping staff: clean the irons occasionally! There's nothing worse than attempting to iron your clean clothing and having it made dirty by mineral flakes or some kind of discolored water.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the park. Great view! And the area is never that loud, a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NY_travx
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

NY_travx!

Thank you for the thorough feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the Butler's Pantry coffee & tea service during your stay! As for the restaurant, I am happy you found the Monarch to be a nice dining establishment!

In regards to the smell in a few of the hallways of the hotel, I sincerely apologize. My team will inspect the issue immediately! Also, the irons will be immaculately polished. I'll make certain the housekeeping team is aware that such an incident will not arise again in the future.

Again, thank you for the feedback! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I honestly went here to grab a taxi after leaving the Fine Arts Museum across the street. They were so nice I walked in to look around-very nice hotel. Wonderful location and staff. I ended up having a drink in the lobby and a bite at the restaurant - all based on the friendliness of the staff and how comfortable I felt. Sad I had to take a taxi back to the Galleria area to a hotel more expensive but less appealing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

SGHistory!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am pleased you had a fantastic first impression of Hotel ZaZa after your visit to the MFAH. The Monarch Bistro is a great place to grab a drink or enjoy a delish meal! Glad you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My first visit to Hotel ZaZa Houston was last week, for a three-night stay. Everything was superb.
Jonathan, at the front desk, who checked me in and out, set the standard, but every member of the staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Rooms large and spacious, bed supremely comfortable. Very quiet. Having good, strong coffee freely available on each floor starting at 6:00 am was the nicest touch ever, and much appreciated. Room service quick and efficient.
I will definitely return.

Eric
Newbury, Vermont

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Eric E!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that your first visit to Hotel ZaZa was a wonderful experience. The Butler's Pantry coffee & tea service is one of the many gems featured at the Za; I am glad you enjoyed the service! As for the Z staff, I will definitely commend Jonathan for a job well done! Please touch base when you would like to pay another visit to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love Hotel ZaZa, I try to stay there at least once a month and I live in Houston! I recommend it to any of my friends coming in from out of town, it is by far the nicest place to stay in the city. Kat at the front desk is so sweet and extremely accomodating. Definitely would recommend the hotel for anyone who has never been!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

HTX718!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased that you love Hotel ZaZa! We love ya as well. I will commend Kat for her excellent service to you during your visit! The Z team looks forward to your return!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel, the first being for a wedding I was in. The service is fantastic. All the concierge, valet, maids, everyone, was very attentive and friendly. I booked a Splendito Suite for my boyfriend and I and we got upgraded to one of the concept suites by a very sweet girl named Kat. Our experience at this hotel was very memorable and fun. Definitely give it a shot; you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Emily75201

I am pleased to read that you had a fun & memorable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! Weddings at ZaZa are definitely a beautiful experience! I will make sure Kat is commended for her terrific hospitality to you during your visit at the hotel. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!