“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #5 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel ZaZa recently. It was fabulous. We felt like VIPS the entire time we stayed. Everyone was attentive. We took the complimentary shuttle to a restaurant which was fabulous. They all know their city and are very eager to help with anything you need. We were there for medical reasons and this place made it less stressful. It was close to the medical center which was easier for us as well. Breakfast is a little pricey but wonderful. The chef at the Monarch is absolutely the best. Loved having coffee right out your front door waiting for you. We had room service and it was top notch. It was there on time and absolutely the best. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Grand King Suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
cfvenable!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am happy to read that your stay at Hotel ZaZa was comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable. The Z staff goes above and beyond to make sure all guests are treated like royalty!

In regards to the various complimentary services at ZaZa, I am pleased you took advantage of the Butler's Pantry tea & coffee selection as well as the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle! These are just a few of the many gems Hotel ZaZa has to offer guests during their visit to the hotel.

All in all, thank you again for your kind words. Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I would love to create another signature experience for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Buena Vista, Virginia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My NYC girlfriend who was visiting me in Houston and we decided to get decadent and stay at the ZAZA "where the rock-n-roll stars stay" as they say. They were lucky we were not as if we were that rich we would have trashed the room. The only thing good about the place was the staff, especially the concierge/bell hops/valet parking people/front desk........restuarant staff always seemed to be looking down their noses at you, at least if you dressed as funky as we did.
Location is great although there are no resuarants close by other than the one in the hotel which was overpriced and overated.
Mini bar in the room......WOW......and the bottle of wine they offered was a mere $65 for a split of nasty red.....we did not induldge.......reefer stock with all sorts of goodies at rip off price.....$10 for 50 ml of some sort of yuppie vodka......open a bag of chips and it was a mere $5 added to the bill. See the picture to see how blatent this place was....$16 for an itty bitty package of shave lotion......give me a break. We were booked in for three nights but left after two........I think that says it all.

Room Tip: Don't be sucked in by the fact you can have a balcony in this place as they do not allow smoking...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dennis,

Thank you for the review. I am pleased you found the concierge, bellmen, valet & front desk staff cordial and welcoming; however, I am disappointed to read that you received less than stellar service in the restaurant - definitely not the Monarch standard! I will have a discussion with my team regarding your experience, so the issue will be rectified immediately.

In regards to the mini bar, we strive to keep the prices commensurate with other hotels in the city; I am sorry you found the cost of the goodies a bit too high.

All in all, thank you again for your feedback!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I travel a lot and quite a bit to Houston on business. This is one of the top hotels in Houston and what helps make it so good is the staff there. Kat and the other folks do a great job. I think that this is a nicer property than the Dallas Za Za. Location is quiet near the Museum District and Rice.

K C!

Thank you for the review! I am pleased that you find Hotel ZaZa at the top of your list of great hotels in Houston! Woohoo! I will definitely commend Kat for her stellar service to you.

The Z staff looks forward to your next visit! We love ya at ZaZa!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stay in hotels 100+ nights a year all over the country. My favorite hotel is the ZaZa in Houston. In my travel the last five years, I bet I have stayed at the ZaZa 400+ nights. From the front desk staff to valet, Kat, Michael, and Jason always make me feel at home. Thank you for your efforts in making my travel enjoyable, and I look forward to my next trip to the ZaZa!!!

Vince A

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Vince!

Thank you for the feedback! Four hundred + nights is a significant amount of visits to ZaZa! Woohoo! I am pleased Hotel ZaZa is your fave hospitality establishment in H-town. I will make sure Kat, Michael & Jason are commended for their awesome service to you! Touch base before your next visit to ZaZa rolls around, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had to come in to Houston from Dallas for a family funeral. The drive was in a horrible rainstorm and we arrived exhausted. While checking in, Jason Erbrick at the front desk was most attentive. He listened and was so sympathetic. When we returned to the hotel after the visitation, Jason had left a very sweet note in the room along with some chocolates on our bed. He was very observant of our coming and going and each time was such a gentleman. Everything about our stay was perfect from the special attention at the front desk to the valet parking. Even though we were there for serious business, the staff made us feel like family. This is now my go to hotel in Houston!

Room Tip: We had the balcony side and got to sit out the final evening and enjoy our wine. Beautiful view of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Linda,

Thank you for the nice feedback. I am happy my staff made you feel comfortable at the hotel during a difficult time. I will definitely commend Jason for his superb service to you! Please contact me when you would like to return to your "go to hotel in Houston" as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I have been staying at ZaZa Houston for the past five years and it always feels like we're coming home :) Great hotel for any type of occasion, in a wonderful neighborhood! ZaZa offers a wonderful restaurant, spa, and pool area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha!

I am pleased that your visits to Hotel ZaZa over the last five years have been enjoyable! We are definitely a fantastic place to celebrate any occasion.

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff create an eclectic experience for you!
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was there celebrating my girlfriend's birthday I booked a room but once I got inside it seemed to small so I upgraded to a suite on the 11th floor it was an amazing suite I myself looked at the mini fridge and the prices and decided to not even touch them at check in I was charged $100 which was for the deposit that I was supposed to get back 3 to 4 days after check out which was fine by me at check out they called our car in advanced so we could get it quicker since we had valet I signed the receipt which had the valet charges and room rate and taxes ad what not everything looked good and they reminded me that I would get the money back once it was all processed 2 weeks after check out I still don't receive the deposit so I email billing and they reply with the bank hasn't released those funds and they sent me a receipt with an extra charge for a champagne bottle and other charges that weren't on the original receipt it has been a month now since i checked out and the 4 people that I have emailed conserving this have not yet gotten back to me

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Nachotorres89
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Nachotorres89,

Thank you for the detailed review. I sincerely apologize for the billing issues you encountered during your visit at Hotel ZaZa. Please touch base with me as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience.