“Best Hotel in Houston.”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel two weeks ago for business. I travel to Houston every two weeks and only would stay at this hotel. The Monarch Restaurant located in the hotel as a new chef and also menu. I would say its one of the best menus and drinks in town. The entire staff are the most helpfull and professional of any team in which I have the pleasure to stay with. A lady named Kat. Could not be more hospitable to my stay, She always reminders my last name and preferences in rooms and always takes the time to make sure my experience is always 5 stars ever time. Houston is lucky to have management and a hotel like the ZAZA and i would recommend to anyone which travels to Houston.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Chrisroach12!

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent visit to Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that ZaZa is your hotel of choice when you visit H-town on business. I will definitely commend Kat for her excellent hospitality to you during your visit.

In regards to the Monarch, I am glad you enjoy the new menu! Our new chef, Jonathan Jones, is definitely stellar!

All in all, thank you again for the fantastic feedback. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed here at least twenty times in two years. I have tried all the rest of the luxe hotels, including the st regis, four seasons, houstonian, etc., and they are all left in the dust. I love this hotel because the staff are intelligent, the windows open(!) room service is fairly good, but most of all the concierge's kindness and willingness to help are worth a great deal. Thank you Zaza.

Room Tip: If you care, choose a balcony room. These have sliding doors which open.

sftreats!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that your 20+ visits to Hotel ZaZa have been fantastic! I am also pleased that you receive wonderful service from the Z team during your stays. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have a bit of a Zaza obsession, or Zabsession if you will. For example: I am on my 7th stay this year and I live less than 15 minutes away.

Zaza is always an oasis of rest, relaxation and pampering and I try to go whenever possible whether it's just the restaurant or spa.

I've stayed in every type of room from the petite king to the Rock Star suite and I'm always treated the same- with the utmost courtesy and attention to detail. In the one event everything did not go smoothly the situation was immediately rectified and my visit ended on a note higher than ever expected.

I highly recommend this hotel for special events but I also recommend it for those times when you just need a bit of pampering. You'll leave feeling like a new person. They really do "love ya at Zaza".

Room Tip: Rooms with a balconies have spectacular views but are slightly nosier than rooms without.

jassyk84!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased that your seventh stay at Hotel ZaZa was za-mazing just like your previous visits! ZaZa is a wonderful place to unwind and retreat from the ordinary.

In regards to service, I am glad you are never disappointed during your visits to the hotel. The Z team is definitely awesome!

All in all, thank you again for the great feedback! Please touch base when you would like to plan visit #8, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpet upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for a two-night portion of a trip to visit a relative at MD Anderson and was impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, and the eclectic decor in the cozy rooms and the lobby. I didn't get a chance to fully experience the surrounding museum area or the features of the hotel like the spa and restaurants, but will be back to do so. As with most hotels these days, no coffee machines in the rooms, but they have a morning coffee/tea station set up on each floor until 10AM. A complimentary shuttle service to the hospital, with engaging drivers, made that portion of my trip more pleasant. If you are there to experience the museum district, give it a try. If in Houston for medical treatments or to visit a relative, it is definitely a more enjoyable experience than the more generic although less-expensive hotels closer to the medical plaza, and the shuttle makes the 1+ mile distance to the medical area not an issue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

escapeartist22!

Thank you for the terrific feedback. I am pleased that you were impressed with the Hotel ZaZa staff's professional manner & sincerity! We always want our guests to feel like royalty during their visit to the Za. Come indulge in ZaSpa and the Monarch on your next visit; you won't be disappointed!

In regards to the shuttle, I am glad to read that you found the complimentary Magic Carpet Ride service superb! We will take our guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This quirky, chic hotel epitomizes the words "boutique hotel". The building is the old Warwick Hotel which was a Houston institution for the higher end set, like rock stars and royalty. And they have transformed it into this cheeky, fun and romantic place. The bar is usually hopping and is actually a popular houston meetup place for the young and sexy set. The decor is an homage to hollywood, with black and white photography that looked like Annie Leibowitz's. My wife and I stayed here on an anniversary trip and after a brief mess up with reservation they made up for it by upgrading us to one of their signature suites! this thing was so large and fabulous we had to invite a couple of friends over to party in it. We had an amazing time thanks to the staff at Zaza. CAVEAT: reading some of the complaints on here, i should warn you, this is a high end place so dont expect free breakfasts or free snacks int he room (other than the free candy at the check in desk :-). Everything is ala carte. Also, its in a historic building so some of the rooms might be a wierd shape and the configuration isnt like a modern suite hotel. If you are used to hampton/holiday inn express type "all inclusive" hotels or on a budget, then Zaza probably isnt for you. But for a special occasion or a high end business trip, its beats the big corporate brand names by a mile!

Room Tip: any of the magnicent 7 suites or the concept suites are the way to go, if you can avoid paying full...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Tony H!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! WOW! I am glad you find the hotel a chic place to be! Hotel ZaZa is definitely not a cookie cutter hotel. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create another eclectic signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

# 21990582 was for a balcony king. I was given a balcony double...room# 435. Room is right next to the service elevator. The noise from the elevator reverberates throughout the room every time it is utilized. This was about every 15 minutes. My wife and I got no rest whatsover!!!
We utilized you complementary transportation to take us to Minute Maid Park. The driver gave us incorrect info as to taxi pickup after the event. It took us over an hour to get a taxi back as your shuttle service closes at 11 PM. Calls to your conceirge recommended taxi service were ignored. I was told at 11:55 that a taxi would be there in 10 mins. Almost 1300 I was able to flag down one.

My wife and I ate dinner in your eating establishment. You need to train your staff in how to take care of customers. The young lady was totally clueless. She only waited on us whenever she had nothing better to do.

I had high expectations when I booked the Hotel Zaza. Unfortunately, you failed to meet those expections. I would put your hotel in the catagory of a Motel 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SouthTexasReddog
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my family for 2 nights, for a wedding. We got the "suite", since I have 2 children. When we got there, I was surprised at how small the "suite" was!! The beds were full size beds, I was expecting queen size beds.....for the price we paid, and also because it was a "suite". The fridge was stocked with liquor, beer, sodas, water...and on top of the table was a huge basket of goodies. Thank God I read the price list before my kids reached for something!! Everything is so expensive! I took the basket and hid it in the closet, out of kids reach, lol!!! The room was super small! Also, no tub for baths...just a shower, which was a problem for me since my daughter is 3 and not used to showers. The restroom too was small. and when I sat on the toilet to "take care of business" I noticed a picture hanging on the wall of a man (creepy looking) starring right at me! Oh how i wished I could of turned that icture around! It made my bathroom experience uncomfortable. BTW- there wsa no exhaust fan in the restroom. I accidentally set off the smoke detector early Saturday morning after I came out from blow drying my hair in the restroom. On Sunday morning, I attempted to order room service. I was put on hold for a long time, so I just hung up and sent my husband out for MacDonalds instead. Also, there was an error on my bill. I was charged 3 valet fees, but was only suposed to get charged 2. This was corrected fast. Overall, I was disappointed at he quality of service and also the quality in room amenaties, provided I paid almost $200 per night. The location is excellent, however I'm sure there are other less expensive hotels in the area that provide better room amenities.

Room Tip: dont choose room 439....you wil get street view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sylvia A
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Sylvia!

Thanks for the review as well the light-hearted take on things. For our collective audience, I would like to offer an addendum to your review. First of all, we put private bars in each of our guest rooms and clearly label with a menu and pricing. I am glad you were able to monitor the comings and goings of your little one along with the snacks. If in the future you would not like that in your room, we can arrange for the refrigerator and snack basket to be emptied if you so desire.

I am confused with your "suite" comments. None of our one and two bedroom suites have double bed configurations and we have no rooms with two queen beds. We have looked at our system and confirmation to see if we had a problem with a word or two but everything is clear in that regard. Your rate is commensurate with a two double bedded regular guest room so I am concerned that you felt you were getting a suite when you paid for a normal sized room.

With the tub configuration, if you would have let us know this was an issue we would have been more than happy to relocate you to another guest room with a tub. Not a problem. Shower only rooms are more prevalent than they once were in today's hotel environment but we still have tubs in rooms and can make them available to those with requests.

With room service, our operator was on the line with another order at the time of your call and she picked up and asked you for a brief hold. She should have popped back on and asked to call you back as the order she was on was a bit lengthy. We will work with the team on that. I am glad McDonalds help to fill the bill!

I apologize that you did not feel our hotel was right for you during your recent trip. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best,