“Something Different”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #5 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hotel Zaza has a great location in the Museum District right by Rice U. and Hermann Park. The decor is wild, very original,often surprising but never boring. Service is great; all staff from front desk to housekeeping very friendly and helpful. We really appreciated the shuttle service. The tea lights provided with the turn down service were an interesting feature. This hotel tries to be different and it succeeds.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

ejm1844!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoy Hotel ZaZa's eclectic atmosphere and turn down service! The Z is definitely not one of those cookie cutter hotels. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've stayed at the Zaza in Dallas a few times, so it was nice to add the Houston location to my Zaza list (apparently I have a Zaza list). What excited me about this Zaza was the balconies - fresh air in a hotel is always a big plus. My only issue is that if you have a room on the lower floors (4th and below) most of your view is of the roof and the AC units. Also, there is noise, so it's not as lovely as I expected.
Otherwise, awesome hotel. Clean, modern, and quirky. Restaurant was pretty good and room service was speedy. The bed was comfortable - so comfortable, that I slept for ten hours straight. Woot.

Room Tip: Balcony is nice, but try for a higher room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

happyrobot!

Thank you for the review! I am happy you found the Houston ZaZa an awesome hotel; the beds are definitely heavenly and the Monarch Bistro certainly whips up some delish dishes!

Your observations regarding the first few floors of the hotel will be noted. Thank you for the feedback! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the concept suite "a night to remember" and were in awe of all the beautiful touches in the room. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday. We loved how it is across from the Houston Museum of Fine Arts and Natural Science Museum!! We dined in Monarch and found the ambiance to be spectacular. The menu could use a little work. The only reason I could not give them a 5 on cleanliness is because I found about 50 bobby pins on the dresser when we walked in. The water in the shower felt like it was going to boil our skin off, but the massive tub more than made up for it. If you are going to stay here try and get a concept suite. It's an experience to remember. :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Christine!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed the "A Night to Remember" suite! The hotel is an excellent place to celebrate any special occasion.

In regards to the cleanliness of your room, I do apologize for the bobby pins you encountered. First impressions are important to us at ZaZa and such an incident is definitely not our standard! Please know that your feedback will be relayed to the housekeeping team so they may prevent such an occurrence from arising again in the future.

All in all, thank you again for the review! Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I would to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week last month, and depending on who was on duty, the level of service went from exemplary to mediocre at best. The limited menu, meant I looked for other dining options elsewhere!

china2408!

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the subpar service you experienced during your stay at the hotel; such mediocre service is definitely not the standard at Hotel ZaZa! As for the Monarch Bistro, the menu has been revamped recently! We would love to WOW you the next time your travels return you to H-town. Please touch base when you would like to make another z-scape to ZaZa, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Right in the middle of the Museum district of Houston, next door to the museum of fine arts. The hotel had a very kitsch decoration but in a fun way. We got a spacious room with a nice view. I was surprised by not to hearing any noise coming from the huge Halloween party that was going on at the hotel. The room service was fast, they told me 30m and in less than 15 i had the food in my room. Valet Service was courteous but kind of slow, maybe due to the party and fully booked hotel. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

spdmatos!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am so pleased that you had a nice experience at Hotel ZaZa Houston during the Halloween bash weekend. That was one lively weekend!

The views from the hotel are some of the best in H-town; I am happy you enjoyed your room! As for room service, the Z staff is terrific in expediting orders. Guest satisfaction is definitely key at the Z!

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to Houston, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

As always my stay at ZaZa was very nice. I love the friendly staff, the eclectic style, and the beautiful rooms. I had surgery and the beds are so comfortable I wanted to get out of the hospital bed as quickly as possible and really rest in the beautiful Pool Villa. The only problem I had was that I arrived before check in and my room was not ready (my fault) but they got me into the room quickly and offered us soft drinks while we waited ( I didn't know but that ended up on my bill which was odd). The room wasn't fully clean when we got in and had dirty footprints all over the hall and sitting area and then we later found a large bottle of vodka hidden behind a curtain which also told me no one cleaned there. About an hour after we arrived and I was resting a man didn't knock and walked in and took something out of our mini bar. He told us we should have our hang tag on the outside if we didn't want anyone walking in (this seemed very odd). I had a couple of problems and sent an email last Monday asking to speak to the manager. I haven't heard anything. I was told since I'm a zip member I would also get a voucher for a free night on my next stay and a $50 certificate. These are really nice bonuses to your stay but when I asked I received two separate responses so now I emailed that question with my other. The ZaZa is like a wonderful vacation even if you don't leave your comfy room and the staff are really nice but as I said I would really not like to wait a week with no response especially when I'm trying to book a new stay in a couple of weeks.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just beside Hermann Park and Rice Uni (great for a run in the morning or evening), and close to museums. Hotel is well kept (it has a pretty unique style), staff is friendly and facilities are good. I liked it that, without prompting, the concierge ran to get me a bottle of water when i came one morning from a run. Enjoyed the 24hr gym. Good stay

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Sergio M!

I am happy to read that you had a GOOD stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston! Thank you for the kind words regarding the ZaZa staff; they are a wonderful team.

In regards to the gym and facilities, I am pleased that you enjoyed both!

All in all, thank you again for the fantastic feedback. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!