Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #7 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the concept suite "a night to remember" and were in awe of all the beautiful touches in the room. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday. We loved how it is across from the Houston Museum of Fine Arts and Natural Science Museum!! We dined in Monarch and found the ambiance to be spectacular. The menu could use a little work. The only reason I could not give them a 5 on cleanliness is because I found about 50 bobby pins on the dresser when we walked in. The water in the shower felt like it was going to boil our skin off, but the massive tub more than made up for it. If you are going to stay here try and get a concept suite. It's an experience to remember. :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Christine!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed the "A Night to Remember" suite! The hotel is an excellent place to celebrate any special occasion.

In regards to the cleanliness of your room, I do apologize for the bobby pins you encountered. First impressions are important to us at ZaZa and such an incident is definitely not our standard! Please know that your feedback will be relayed to the housekeeping team so they may prevent such an occurrence from arising again in the future.

All in all, thank you again for the review! Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I would to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week last month, and depending on who was on duty, the level of service went from exemplary to mediocre at best. The limited menu, meant I looked for other dining options elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

china2408!

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the subpar service you experienced during your stay at the hotel; such mediocre service is definitely not the standard at Hotel ZaZa! As for the Monarch Bistro, the menu has been revamped recently! We would love to WOW you the next time your travels return you to H-town. Please touch base when you would like to make another z-scape to ZaZa, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Right in the middle of the Museum district of Houston, next door to the museum of fine arts. The hotel had a very kitsch decoration but in a fun way. We got a spacious room with a nice view. I was surprised by not to hearing any noise coming from the huge Halloween party that was going on at the hotel. The room service was fast, they told me 30m and in less than 15 i had the food in my room. Valet Service was courteous but kind of slow, maybe due to the party and fully booked hotel. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

spdmatos!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am so pleased that you had a nice experience at Hotel ZaZa Houston during the Halloween bash weekend. That was one lively weekend!

The views from the hotel are some of the best in H-town; I am happy you enjoyed your room! As for room service, the Z staff is terrific in expediting orders. Guest satisfaction is definitely key at the Z!

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to Houston, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

As always my stay at ZaZa was very nice. I love the friendly staff, the eclectic style, and the beautiful rooms. I had surgery and the beds are so comfortable I wanted to get out of the hospital bed as quickly as possible and really rest in the beautiful Pool Villa. The only problem I had was that I arrived before check in and my room was not ready (my fault) but they got me into the room quickly and offered us soft drinks while we waited ( I didn't know but that ended up on my bill which was odd). The room wasn't fully clean when we got in and had dirty footprints all over the hall and sitting area and then we later found a large bottle of vodka hidden behind a curtain which also told me no one cleaned there. About an hour after we arrived and I was resting a man didn't knock and walked in and took something out of our mini bar. He told us we should have our hang tag on the outside if we didn't want anyone walking in (this seemed very odd). I had a couple of problems and sent an email last Monday asking to speak to the manager. I haven't heard anything. I was told since I'm a zip member I would also get a voucher for a free night on my next stay and a $50 certificate. These are really nice bonuses to your stay but when I asked I received two separate responses so now I emailed that question with my other. The ZaZa is like a wonderful vacation even if you don't leave your comfy room and the staff are really nice but as I said I would really not like to wait a week with no response especially when I'm trying to book a new stay in a couple of weeks.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just beside Hermann Park and Rice Uni (great for a run in the morning or evening), and close to museums. Hotel is well kept (it has a pretty unique style), staff is friendly and facilities are good. I liked it that, without prompting, the concierge ran to get me a bottle of water when i came one morning from a run. Enjoyed the 24hr gym. Good stay

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Sergio M!

I am happy to read that you had a GOOD stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston! Thank you for the kind words regarding the ZaZa staff; they are a wonderful team.

In regards to the gym and facilities, I am pleased that you enjoyed both!

All in all, thank you again for the fantastic feedback. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited end of September for a getaway weekend, and had a GREAT time! We had a themed room (West Indies) and the view of Houston and the Rice Village was beautiful! Walking distance from several great places, Museum of Fine Arts just next door. Also, a block away from the Metro Rail, even if it was down for contruction that weekend (bad timing), but we were able to board the train and go downtown for dinner on evening. the Steak House was really great! Awesome food! The pool (yes you can swim outside in Sept in Houston) was really great and the pool bar service was good too! The Spa was lovely!

The theme room was also quiet large and Wheelchair Accessible including an open bed frame, which for some reason is hard to find in nice hotels. That really should be a requirement for all hotels with WCA rooms! Just my opinion!

Room Tip: Open bed frames in some rooms (the Themed Rooms) Wheelchair Accessible
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

daynaba!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that your getaway weekend at Hotel ZaZa in September was a fantastic experience! West Indies is one of our lovely Concept Suites; I am happy you enjoyed the room during your visit to the hotel!

In regards to the pool, I am glad you enjoyed the area as well as the pool bar service. The Houston heat is definitely around in September!

All in all, thank you again for the kind words. Please touch base when you are ready for another Z-scape, as I will have my staff create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was my third stay. Rooms well appointed and good sized. Nice bar menu and staff. Iced tea and fig newtons at reception a nice touch. Food very good. Setting around the museums nice, but scarcely anything to walk to, tho' ZaZa does offer a ride service. Will stay again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

GeoffO62 from Cambridge!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that your third stay at Hotel ZaZa was a delightful experience and that you enjoyed the treats in the lobby!

The Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service is ideal for anyone looking to be transported within a five- mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, thank you again for the review! Please touch base when you are ready to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!