“Perfect swanky spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #5 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Perfect swanky spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are delightfully decorated. The staff pays attention to details. Always courteous, offering water, opening doors, and handling the luggage. The food was yummy. And the lounge had great energy in a spectacular setting. I was one happy lady at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
jeffslove!

Thank you for your kind words! I am pleased to read that you were "one happy lady" at Hotel ZaZa! The food and atmosphere of the Monarch Bistro are definitely awesome! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as the Z team would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed at the ZaZa several times with family and alone. Each time they made my trip so much easier and relieved so much stress. I have been going through cancer treatment for over two years and when possible if I can (usually) find a great deal at the ZaZa that's where I stay. I have stayed in quite a few different hotels on my frequent Houston visits and fell in love with the ZaZa when I found it. The staff is so kind and helpful and go out of their way to help in any way possible. On one trip we received bad news and the dining manager spent time talking to my husband and made him feel at home and we now have a very kind new friend. I don't know of any hotel that goes that far out of their way to help. The hotel itself has the most beautiful rooms, amazing bathrooms, spectacular views with elegant furnishings. You'll also get amazing service, a great nights sleep on a comfy fluffy bed, always clean surroundings, and for those really stressful times the spa is amazing. If you need a place to really relax after really bad days I wouldn't recommend any other hotel.

Room Tip: If possible get a package and upgrade to a suite. It's really worth it!! The cost of parking...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
LizEL678,

Thank you for the review! I am so pleased that you find your visits to Hotel ZaZa comfortable and relaxing. We at ZaZa want our guests to feel at home! I am happy you enjoy the furnishings and atmosphere of the hotel.

All in all, please touch base when you will be planning another trip to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of the red carpets upon your arrival!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at the ZaZa for the first time. I had planned a 30th bday celebration for two of my friends. The hotel is amazing, but the staff was extremly rude, especially the manager Ignacio. I have never been so insulted by one person in my life. Being a guest and paying what we did, we should have been waited on hand and foot. Instead Ignacio questioned our every move, searched our bags and tried to pick a fight with us. It was just very dissapointing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CCastillo56003
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Dissapointed {sic},

We love parties and celebrations to book through our catering department into function rooms so we can ensure the quiet enjoyment of all of our guests on the room floors. I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your birthday celebration. But the amount of people, outside food and alcohol you wanted in the guest room room prevented us from allowing the party to start. We hate to say no but in some instances we must in order to maintain a quality environment for all. I have shared your review with the team so we can soften our approach. I appreciate your feedback.

We hope you understand and if you have any questions regarding the party policy, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly or visit the FAQ's section of hotelzaza.com.

Thanks!

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Big spacious rooms, a fantastic town car service and nice pool area make this a good if not great option in Houston. Occasionally I felt the 80s might text me to let me know they'd taken me hostage. But that is not to say the look was not fun or just frivolous. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Mark E from Brighton!

Thank you for the great feedback!

I am pleased you found ZaZa a "comfortable, 80s friendly style" hotel! It's defiinitely whimsical & eclectic! The Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service is the perfect transportation option for anyone looking to wander within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed one night in a junior suite at the Zaza and although only short at 7hrs - it was a great experience for an exhausted business traveller. Decor and service was wonderful. The room service breakfast early in morning was delightful, and the home made granola was the best I have tasted. There was even a dinosaur in the lobby - which I had to photograph and send to my small son to prove that they did exist! I have booked to come again late November - early December for a few more nights this time, and really looking forward to the experience. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Catherine1208 of Oslo!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable short visit to Hotel ZaZa Houston. I am also glad that you found the homemade granola ZaZa breakfast delightful!

The Z team looks forward to your return in November! We love ya at ZaZa!
El Paso Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hated seeing the grand Warwick turned into a modern hotel, overpriced, with thumping music playing everywhere. But it is glamorous. The tasteful pictures of rock and movie stars throughout the hotel ignore the musicians of the 1940's and the great actors of the past. But it is fun to try to identify who is who. Nice food, overpriced of course. Tasty almond waffle, wonderful fresh fruit, chocolate butter--a bit much.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the Mecom fountain might be better, although I didn't feel cheated looking a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Wretch,

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased that you found Hotel ZaZa glamorous! ZaZa does feature a variety of stars both past & present in pictures throughout the hotel. The photos can be found hanging everywhere from guest suites to the various event rooms!

As for the food, the Monarch chefs are always exploring new creative cuisine endeavors. I am sorry you found the menu items a bit over-priced.

All in all, thank you for your comments! The Z team would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you whenever your travels return you to H-town! We love ya at ZaZa!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I attended a wedding held at Zaza Hotel, Houston, Texas last September 15, 2012. The wedding reception was at the Phantom Room. It was so romantic. The room was exquisitely decorated with pink, gray, roses, orchids and chandeliers. You can tell that big effort was made to make this room so "fabulous". It was to perfection, from the Director of catering, maitre-d, and the rest of the ballroom staff. We were served with steak and lobster. The food not only well presented but delicious. The staff are very attentive to all our needs and very professional. Thanks Zaza Hotel for making this a very memorable event!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
csmitra!

I am pleased that the wedding you attended at Hotel ZaZa Houston was memorable! The "to perfection" description of the service, experience & food = AWESOME! The Phantom Ballroom is definitely a lovely space for any event. I am so glad everything went smoothly. The Z Team looks forward to creating another signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!