“Dissapointed”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at the ZaZa for the first time. I had planned a 30th bday celebration for two of my friends. The hotel is amazing, but the staff was extremly rude, especially the manager Ignacio. I have never been so insulted by one person in my life. Being a guest and paying what we did, we should have been waited on hand and foot. Instead Ignacio questioned our every move, searched our bags and tried to pick a fight with us. It was just very dissapointing!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CCastillo56003
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Dissapointed {sic},

We love parties and celebrations to book through our catering department into function rooms so we can ensure the quiet enjoyment of all of our guests on the room floors. I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your birthday celebration. But the amount of people, outside food and alcohol you wanted in the guest room room prevented us from allowing the party to start. We hate to say no but in some instances we must in order to maintain a quality environment for all. I have shared your review with the team so we can soften our approach. I appreciate your feedback.

We hope you understand and if you have any questions regarding the party policy, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly or visit the FAQ's section of hotelzaza.com.

Thanks!

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Big spacious rooms, a fantastic town car service and nice pool area make this a good if not great option in Houston. Occasionally I felt the 80s might text me to let me know they'd taken me hostage. But that is not to say the look was not fun or just frivolous. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Mark E from Brighton!

Thank you for the great feedback!

I am pleased you found ZaZa a "comfortable, 80s friendly style" hotel! It's defiinitely whimsical & eclectic! The Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service is the perfect transportation option for anyone looking to wander within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed one night in a junior suite at the Zaza and although only short at 7hrs - it was a great experience for an exhausted business traveller. Decor and service was wonderful. The room service breakfast early in morning was delightful, and the home made granola was the best I have tasted. There was even a dinosaur in the lobby - which I had to photograph and send to my small son to prove that they did exist! I have booked to come again late November - early December for a few more nights this time, and really looking forward to the experience. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Catherine1208 of Oslo!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable short visit to Hotel ZaZa Houston. I am also glad that you found the homemade granola ZaZa breakfast delightful!

The Z team looks forward to your return in November! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hated seeing the grand Warwick turned into a modern hotel, overpriced, with thumping music playing everywhere. But it is glamorous. The tasteful pictures of rock and movie stars throughout the hotel ignore the musicians of the 1940's and the great actors of the past. But it is fun to try to identify who is who. Nice food, overpriced of course. Tasty almond waffle, wonderful fresh fruit, chocolate butter--a bit much.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the Mecom fountain might be better, although I didn't feel cheated looking a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Wretch,

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased that you found Hotel ZaZa glamorous! ZaZa does feature a variety of stars both past & present in pictures throughout the hotel. The photos can be found hanging everywhere from guest suites to the various event rooms!

As for the food, the Monarch chefs are always exploring new creative cuisine endeavors. I am sorry you found the menu items a bit over-priced.

All in all, thank you for your comments! The Z team would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you whenever your travels return you to H-town! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I attended a wedding held at Zaza Hotel, Houston, Texas last September 15, 2012. The wedding reception was at the Phantom Room. It was so romantic. The room was exquisitely decorated with pink, gray, roses, orchids and chandeliers. You can tell that big effort was made to make this room so "fabulous". It was to perfection, from the Director of catering, maitre-d, and the rest of the ballroom staff. We were served with steak and lobster. The food not only well presented but delicious. The staff are very attentive to all our needs and very professional. Thanks Zaza Hotel for making this a very memorable event!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

csmitra!

I am pleased that the wedding you attended at Hotel ZaZa Houston was memorable! The "to perfection" description of the service, experience & food = AWESOME! The Phantom Ballroom is definitely a lovely space for any event. I am so glad everything went smoothly. The Z Team looks forward to creating another signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a great time at the ZaZa. It's in a great area of town, where there's plenty to see and do, it's relatively quiet, but you're still not that far away from any of Houston's greatest hits. The room we were in was a little small, but still cozy enough. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the place is impeccably well kept up. If I had to complain about anything, it might be the sequencing of the elevators. I can hardly remember anywhere I've stayed that had slower elevator arrival times (once you get on the elevators, they get you to your floor at a reasonable clip, but they take a long time to show up when you're waiting for them). There are only two elevators (the third is a freight elevator, apparently), making the sequencing particularly critical. So if you're there and the elevators take forever to show up, it might not just be your impatience! Other than that, though, I'd call this a top-notch Houston base. If you go, I hope you love it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Squeegie!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am pleased you had a wonderful time at Hotel ZaZa Houston. I especially love your comment "a top-notch Houston base"!

I am happy you found the atmosphere of the hotel & the surrounding area visually appealing. Hotel ZaZa is situated in Houston's Museum District, which is home to a tremendous amount of fantastic sightseeing spots. The lush Hermann Park is just a few minutes walk from the hotel!

In regards to the elevator, on of the three guest elevators underwent maintenance recently, so traffic may have caused a slight delay in arrival time. I apologize if the wait was long!

All in all, thank you again for the thorough review! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as the Z team would love to create another signature experience for you!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was really surprised by how great this hotel was to stay given the name. The service is awesome. They have a great gym for a hotel. After working out I refreshed myself in the awesome pool. My wife loved the tea and coffee stations in the halls of the hotel too.I look forward to staying at Hotel ZaZa in Houston, TX again.

• Stayed: September 2012

lance j!

Thank you for the review! I am pleased that you and your wife had an awesome stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston! The Butler's Pantry offers a great variety of teas and coffee for guests to indulge in during their stay; I am happy your wife enjoyed the service!

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the pool! There's nothing like unwinding ZaZa style.

All in all, escape to ZaZa for another eclectic getaway soon! The Z team will roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!