“Georgeous Hotel”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very nice hotel in the Museum District just across the street from Herman Park and the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Very nice spa and pool area and rooms are super clean and decorated very nice. Will defs be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Awesome! Thank you for the excellent feedback. I am glad the hotel's eclectic atmosphere is entrancing to you! Come back to Hotel ZaZa Houston this summer for a rejuvenating escape at ZaSpa! We love ya at Hotel ZaZa!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The ZaZa is a gorgeous hotel in a great location. Houston is impossible without a car. I didn't have one but from the ZaZa was able to explore the museum district and the rice village area (Rice is great - I highly recommend a walk around).

The rooms are well appointed and all hotel facilities are excellent. My only complaint in this regard is that the wifi signal in my room was so weak I could t connect - not cool.

The other issue was the staff - quite rude and unhelpful. Not the kind of service I expect at a hotel charging this kind of price.

I will return but the staff need to grow up a little.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NZ_Anita

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy you found Hotel ZaZa Houston's facilities EXCELLENT; however, I am concerned about your unsatisfactory experience with the WiFi and my staff. Such service is definitely not the ZaZa standard! Please contact me directly as I would like to receive more information regarding your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The good things: comfortable rooms, coffee stations set up in morning on each floor (although sans newspapers as described), and a location close to museums and the sprawl of Texas Medical Center. Near good areas for walking/jogging. Very hip decor; attractive people. Some rooms had pretty city views. SHuttle cars available to take you within 5 miles. The not so good: a lackadaisical front desk and an even more lackadaisical and un-savvy catering service. The hotel seemed seriously understaffed. Dim lighting that had me almost walking into glass walls and mirrors, and I saw that I was not alone in this problem. A somewhat strange location on the edge of a major traffic circle. Crossing to Rice University could be quite a challenge. My upgraded suite room overlooked this traffic area so I was treated to the din of the street night and day. AND -- my pet-peeve? Hotel is pet-friendly ( Seriously, who started this trend?) so I also had a yapping dog next room. I have decided to boycott hotels that allow dogs. Air-conditioned patio was nice for breakfast or an evening extravagantly priced glass of house wine. An air-conditioned patio. Only in Texas. If you need to be in this part of Houston this place is OK - more so for vacation than business.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the traffic circle.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Heartlander_11!

Thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your ZaZa visit. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room, the Butler's Pantry coffee service, & the eclectic decor abounding in the hotel.

In regards to service, I apologize for the issue you encountered with the front desk and catering staff. Such service is not the ZaZa standard!

In terms of location, Hotel ZaZa is home to the former Warwick Hotel. The location is central to one of Houston's loveliest areas - the Museum District. The Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service is more than happy to transport guests within a 5-mile radius of the hotel if there is a complication in walking by foot to a destination.

All in all, thank you for your thorough feedback. The Z team would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you when your travels return you back to the H-town area!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Went to Houston for a weekend getaway with the wife and stayed at the ZaZa again. And as I expected, it was outstanding. Drove up and was greeted by about four attendants who were eager to get our bags, welcome us, and assist with check in. This, despite the rush of people who were arriving/departing for the weekend. Check in was quick and the service was friendly and attentive. The room was clean and well appointed. We hit the pool Friday afternoon and Saturday and found the service there to be outstanding as well. I've stayed here twice and found it to be worth every penny we spent. Not only is it a unique hotel, but they really seem to get it when it comes to customer service. I suggest you get a cabana if one is available by the pool. The pool scene on the weekends is unreal. Its fun, but not obnoxious. Lots of sights to be seen for either gender. Getting our car from the valet was seamless. The only drawback is that it can be a little crowded (given its popularity as a wedding destination). But I never found it to be too crowded. Overall, I can't compliment them enough. If you want a truly enjoyable experience at a swanky hotel with great service, then ZaZa is your spot. I don't think we will even consider staying elsewhere when we go to Houston. Yes, its been that good!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Wow! Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am very happy to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston. The ZaZa pool area is definitely a place to check out day or night weekday or weekend. The cabanas are one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad you enjoy them! Come back for another summer getaway and indulge in some delish cuisine from Monarch Restaurant or an invigorating body treatment at ZaSpa. We love ya at Hotel ZaZa!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Zaza while participating in a conference downtown. Though many hotels are located closer to the conference center, I was time and again grateful that I chose Zaza! The decor in the lobby is really over the top, which I personally enjoyed as I had never seen anything like it. All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. I stayed in a basic room which was fairly straightforward - all the amenities you'd expect in an upscale, modern and stylish hotel. The room was spotlessly clean and well-stocked with minibar items and toiletries.

I ate regularly in the Monarch restaurant and enjoyed the food, though the quality varied (from excellent to good, if uninspired). If I had been personally footing the bill I would almost certainly have opted to eat at a local restaurant instead as it was fairly expensive - for the same money you can get a phenomenal breakfast elsewhere.

The single best thing about the Zaza, though, is the free shuttle service offered to guests! Just ask at the valet and they'll arrange a shuttle to take you anywhere you want to go (within a five-mile radius after 14:00). It's certainly a unique experience to ride around in a massive SUV with a bullhead attached to the front! The drivers are also extremely friendly, outgoing, helpful and just nice to talk to. (Remember to tip!) In a city like Houston this was an enormous help for a business visitor without my own car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool or facing south.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bjork_13

Wonderful! I am happy you chose to stay at Hotel ZaZa also! My team is definitely stellar; I am glad to read you received top notch service during your visit! Hotel ZaZa aims to provide guests with an eclectic, enjoyable experience at every visit. From the bullhorns on the Magic Carpet Service shuttles to hot and sweet treats in the lobby, ZaZa has a little something special for all guests! Please let me know when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

customer service was great since i was purchasing this for my best friend getting married mid june. i have had problems with other hotels and sending me an authorization form, the rep was super helpful explaining the suites to me. only con i have is that there is no romance or honeymoon or wedding night packages!!??!?!? i really expected with how lovely this place seems for wedding and celebrations and the fact they had their own beautiful spa that there would be an enhancement package of some sort available to make their night amazing :( Im having to book on such short notice within nearly 2 weeks of wedding because of a super bad experience the couple had with another hotel and their reservations :( its hard having to purchase separate add-ons now and using an authorization form for each :( and my husband and i will now have to beat the bride and groom to their own room to fill it with candles and strawberries and champage. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ZAZA its summertime and wedding season please make a romance package and offer maybe a bath butler and breakfast in bed and a late check out and a spa couples package!!! its such a hassle doing this all separate, but as far as i can tell the hotel is beautiful and hopefully the suite "splendito" is equally as beautiful :)

Room Tip: ask the reservation specialists to go through the different amenities :)
2  Thank dacia80

dacia80!

Thank you for your constructive feedback! Hotel ZaZa offers a variety of unique stay packages throughout the year; however, a specific romance package is not currently available. I will definitely consider your request for future package ideas!

Please touch base when your travels return you to the ZaZa as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here with my family a few times, Funky hotel in the museum area, bar and restaurant were great. Advertisement for the "divorce party weekend" made us smile.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy you enjoy Hotel ZaZa! Please let me know when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!