“Sweet stay in Houston”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is my first time as a guest of Hotel ZaZa. The staff is friendly and professional at this pleasant boutique hotel near Rice University. The design is very progressive and extremely interesting. Pop art and fashion design are at home here. The property is definitely a sweet stay with fun space, ample room amenities and talented staff. Add it to you priority list of places to spend the night and enjoy a fun sleep-over.

Stayed: April 2012
Matthew_Nuss, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am happy to read that your first ZaZa stay was a pleasant experience! With summer around the corner, ZaZa Houston has a lot of coolio experiences to offer! Take a dip in the ZaZa pool, indulge at ZaSpa, or dine in the fabulous Monarch Restaurant; whatever "sweet" escape you desire...stay ZaZa!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ultra-hip, ultra-cool. And full of I hate to say it, jerks. Think spring break in Vegas and you'll have a good idea.

Great location!! Seemed like hotel catered to club crowd. Bed was super comfy, check in was a breeze! Nice and quiet, great pool!! Room was very clean and included a turn-down service. Parking is valet only and pricey!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

ULTRA-AWESOME! I am glad you enjoyed the comforts of the hotel! Please let me know when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were booked in to the Zaza prior to a wedding.
The location,room and general ambience were excellent and the staff were well trained and friendly.
Our room was on the 5th. floor and the view from the balcony was great.
We had one dinner and two breakfasts in the dining room. The breakfasts were very good but dinner was a little disappointing in that the service was slow and the main course was cold.
The wine however was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for the candid feedback! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your room and the view! I do apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received at dinner; that is definitely not the ZaZa standard! Please contact me regarding your experience at the hotel, as I would like to receive more details.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Goth decor, lush window coverings, wan fashion models: this is a trendy spot, the sort of hotel where the vampires in "True Blood" might stay. It is a nice alternative to the corporate hallways replicated in every Sheraton, Hilton, etc.

I was impressed with the service. I forgot my Ipad charger and the staff went of its way to get me one. And if they didn't find one, they were ready to shuttle me to an electronics store.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you found ZaZa Houston to be a "refreshing alternative" with superb service. Love it! Please let me know when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Fabulous stay at the ZaZa. Great funky hotel in good location. Lovely pool area with cool vibe at the weekends. We booked a standard room, which wasn't huge but was certainly well decorated and very comfortable. Excellent staff, special thanks to Spencer for taking care of us. This is what a hotel should be!

Stayed: April 2012

Fabulous stay! Love it! The pool area is definitely a fantastic spot for unwinding or having a blast. I will make sure Spencer of the Monarch Restaurant is commended for his stellar service to you during your stay at ZaZa Houston! Please let me know when your travels return you to good ol' H-town in the US of A, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Loved it. Completely wonderful from beginning to end. Loved every minute of the experience.

Room Tip: Get a balcony suite. The views are AMAZING!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

WOW! I am happy to read that your ZaZa experience was wonderful from start to completion, and that you enjoyed every minute of your stay! The balcony suites are definitely one of the many gems of ZaZa Houston. Please let me know when your travels return you to Houston, as i would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston, where we were attending an event at Rice University. As it turned out, ZaZa was perfectly located for us, being less than a mile from the university. The hotel is located in a great neighborhood (known as the Museum District) and the Museum of Fine Arts is right across the street from the hotel.

The hotel is stylishly decorated and very nicely appointed. Our room (balcony double) was large and well maintained. There is a beautiful pool area on the second floor which has cabanas, bar and food service, and ample seating areas for relaxing and socializing aside from the standard pool loungers. The spa is also located on this floor of the Hotel, but I cannot comment on the services there as I could not get an available appointment that fit into our schedule.

The food at the Monarch (the hotel restaurant) was very good, however our waiter at dinner was the only hotel employee we came across with a sub-par, dismissive attitude. We ordered room service breakfast twice. The first time the meal was made and delivered perfectly to our specifications. The second breakfast was not up to par, but every reasonable effort was made to correct the issues promptly. When I brought the errors to the attention of management we were issued a credit for the meal without hesitation.

Aside from the aforementioned surly waiter, all ZaZa staff members were extremely welcoming, friendly, and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Main Street side of the hotel can get a bit noisy if there is an event going on at the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family