“Excellent Stylish Hotel; Great Location”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #6 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston, where we were attending an event at Rice University. As it turned out, ZaZa was perfectly located for us, being less than a mile from the university. The hotel is located in a great neighborhood (known as the Museum District) and the Museum of Fine Arts is right across the street from the hotel.

The hotel is stylishly decorated and very nicely appointed. Our room (balcony double) was large and well maintained. There is a beautiful pool area on the second floor which has cabanas, bar and food service, and ample seating areas for relaxing and socializing aside from the standard pool loungers. The spa is also located on this floor of the Hotel, but I cannot comment on the services there as I could not get an available appointment that fit into our schedule.

The food at the Monarch (the hotel restaurant) was very good, however our waiter at dinner was the only hotel employee we came across with a sub-par, dismissive attitude. We ordered room service breakfast twice. The first time the meal was made and delivered perfectly to our specifications. The second breakfast was not up to par, but every reasonable effort was made to correct the issues promptly. When I brought the errors to the attention of management we were issued a credit for the meal without hesitation.

Aside from the aforementioned surly waiter, all ZaZa staff members were extremely welcoming, friendly, and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Main Street side of the hotel can get a bit noisy if there is an event going on at the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District

Reviewed April 14, 2012

If nothing else, the bed was superb. Yes, it was a beautiful hotel, yes, interesting and challenging art on some of the floors, yes, some of my work colleagues wished they stayed on some floors since the photography of sumptuous young ladies greeted you when you stepped out of the elevator...the "coolness" factor was there. I enjoyed the tasteful decor in the rooms, the walk in robe, comfy bathroom, big desk chair....but the bed for me was the best, especially on return from a hard day at the office or shopping. The shuttle bus was handy too. I only ate breakfast once and like everything in Texas it was huge. I did go in the pool and hung out on the comfy poolside bed - also huge...and comfy. A great retreat from it all. Well worth it for business.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Hotel ZAZA is very energized and unique. In the heart of the Museum District, very close to Downtown, 10 minutes from the Galleria, a stones throw from the incredible Texas Medical complex , and surrounded by very nice neighborhoods with unique shopping and restaurants, it is a perfect location if you are in town for business and pleasure.

The style is very seductive, well thought out, energized, high quality furnishings, linens, uniformed and very well trained staff. You really feel good and are immersed in the fun side of life. If you are engaged in life and all it has to offer this is a great place to be when in town to discover the best of Houston.

Wonderful outdoor pool and courtyard, first rate spa, great bar and small restaurant, to very efficient valet parking, its hard to find any fault.

Room Tip: I have stayed there 8 times and have not had a bad room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Wow! Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am happy to read that you find the ZaZa Houston energetic and first class. The hotel is always bubbling with new concepts! All in all, I would love to know when your travels return you to the Houston area, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

the check in was good - the room smells like mold and everything is really dark. Blacks and tan. The room service menu is really limited, and not what I would consider very healthy. really disappointing. exercise room is nice and open 24 hours, staff is very friendly. So - for the price there are better options. The next issue was the smell of mold and dampness in the hotel - this is April, so wonder what it will be like in August.

Room Tip: not sure where to go from here, based upon the above comments.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JimOB1
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

I apologize for the issues that you encountered at the hotel. It is beyond disappointing to read about the issues during your stay. Our staff works hard to create a great experience for our guests. I am following up with the management team on how we can prevent these issues and improve. At your earliest convenience, please contact our Director of Operations, Ian Bush. He would like to receive more information, so we can correct the issues that you mentioned.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed in a balcony king room. My only complaint was the AC seemed a bit weak. The room bad a humid feel with a bit of a musty odor. Everything else seemed really nice.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2012

You actually feel like the customer here. Staff is excellent. If you are doing business at the Medical Center in Houston, this is the best place to stay. Never written a review in my life, but this place is awesome. I travel a lot and do not get points here, but it is well worth it. I can't emphasize enough how friendly the entire staff is. Just a cool place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Best Hotel Ever! LOVE IT! I am so happy you find the ZaZa Houston staff friendly and enjoy your visits at the hotel. Please let me know when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had my night event at the Ultimate Ransom - Zaza Hotel, Houston, Texas last March 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM. The event was very successful partly due to the well coordinated effort of Mr. Kleibert Estrada. The food was delicious. The whole set up was so awesome. The room was not only sophiscated but at the same time had that cozy feeling. Juan, the maitre'd was so professional and accommodating. The guests were so pleased with the presentation. I will definitely have my event at Zaza Hotel next year.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for Mr. Kleibert Estrada.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business