“We love ZaZa Houston (& they love us back)”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #6 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Checking into ZaZa is like taking leave of the world. The artwork, service, quirky vibe and glorious rooms at this Museum District boutique hotel are the best--everywhere you look there is something fun to see, whether it's art, furniture, food, or people. We checked in for one night on January 28 and were assigned glorious suites, complete with dining and living rooms, enormous bedroom and a bathroom the size of Texas. Furnishings are stylish but comfortable, and our suite was extremely quiet. We visited the beautiful spa for treatments on Saturday afternoon, and everyone was very pleased with their massages and facials. Transportation in the downtown area is complimentary, and we loved being driven to dinner in a black Escalade outfitted with longhorns on the hood. Manager Matthew Nuss must have a fantastic training program, because the staff is uniformly friendly and helpful. Our driver confided that what he loves best about working at ZaZa is that every employee is empowered to ensure that guests are delighted with their ZaZa experience. Have you ever hesitated to review a hotel because you're afraid it will become so popular that there won't be room for you on your next visit? That's how I feel about my beloved Hotel ZaZa. Please, save a room for me.

Room Tip: Spring for a suite. You won't regret it. Check out the online specials.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

You got it! We love ya at ZaZa! Thank you for the great feedback. Transporting guests to another world is one of our main objectives here at ZaZa. Please let me know when your travels return you to Houston as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets for your arrival!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Hotel Zaza, close to Rice University, Medical Center, Art Museums and Hermann Park, is next to a leafy, lovely residential area.
The Hotel has that trendy, but comfortable vibe with all staff really friendly and helpful
The rooms are attractive with wonderful beds and terrific showers

Room Tip: The Balcony rooms overlooking Main Street have amazing views
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! Comfortable and trendy is what we aim for over at ZaZa. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful stay. Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Houston. We would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at ZaZa for two nights while on business. The rooms are relatively small, but are quite comfortable and clean with an interesting decor (reminded me of the House of Blues hotel rooms in Chicago). In nice January weather (can't say the same for August in Houston) we had a nice stroll around the parks in the museum district (where the hotel is located). Because of the location, restaurants are not within a close walking distance.
I was miffed when my in-room breakfast was incomplete (eggs and potatoes with no promised meat). When I complained at check-out the entire room service bill for that morning was taken off the bill. I hadn't asked for that, so kudos to hotel management for being so responsive. Our encounters with staff during the visit were all good.
My only complaint is that, as this is a dog friendly hotel, the canine guest in the next room barked during the day and into the evening. Thankfully he/she settled down for the night. When I mentioned this at checkout I was asked why I didn't ask the person next door to get another room. That's a weird suggestion.
All in all, this is a nice and unique hotel, and if I was in Houston to see museums this would be the hotel at which I would stay.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I've been staying at ZaZa Houston on an annual businees trip for the past five years.
The rooms are comfortable and hip and are beautifully maintained.
As with many "Boutique" Hotels, the clientell is a (usually) delightfully eclectic mix of people; some intrinsically hip and unfortunately, some with more dollars than sense. Most things Cool & Hip will attract some people who can afford it and can't appreciate it.
The restaurant and bar are great and the staff is wonderful. Good wine list by the glass & bottle.
They do attract a lot of events but it has never interfered with my stay.
I will continue to be a fan and stay at ZaZA when I'm in town.

1  Thank ThomasWalkerH
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Hip and cool - love it! Hotel ZaZa's eclectic atmosphere is definitely unique. We appreciate your continued business over the years. We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to stay. Extremely friendly and helpful staff whether it is the maid service, the valet, the waitresses and waiters or the front desk. Great atmosphere with incredible artwork that opens up your senses. The rooms are incredible, very clean and the beds are to die for. You can select a room with just about any theme you want to match your taste or your mood. The workout facility has all of the latest equipment you need and the night atmosphere is wonderful. The only thing I will say is look forward to the next visit!

Room Tip: Take a chance and go with any of the theme rooms. You won't go wrong, but if they aren't av...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike S
ZAZAManager, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am glad you had an invigorating experience at ZaZa. It is great to read that our staff provided you with top notch service - that's what we are all about at ZaZa! Please let me know when you will be returning to H-town. I'll make sure the reddest of red carpets is rolled out upon your arrival!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We were meeting friends for the RBI Dinner at Rice University, so it was just an overnight stay this time. The minute one arrives it is all TLC from the time of arrival until departure. We have never had anything but a wonderful experience and will never consider staying anywhere else when in Houston. Will definitely recommend to friends and family. Colleen Burns

Room Tip: We have always been pleased with our rooms. The petite room is too small for us, and we only stayed...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Excellent! I am glad your 24 hour getaway at ZaZa was delightful! We strive to provide our guests with something fresh and unique at every visit. I look forward to creating another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I travel to Houston and Dallas on business and always make it a point to stay at Zaza. The staff is always helpful and attentive. The photography and lighting adds a great vibe. Additional nice touches are the treats in the lobby, the morning butler station on each floor with coffee,tea and newspapers is also great. The rooms are all different whick makes each stay different, the theme suites are fun as well! I look forward to my visits to Houston and Dallas simply because of Zaza, i can not say that about any other hotel i stay at.

Room Tip: Any of the theme suites are worth staying in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Wow! Love the great feedback! I am happy to read that you receive something pleasantly different at each ZaZa visit. Let me know when you will return to Houston, so another signature ZaZa experience can be customized for you! We love ya at ZaZa!