“New Years Eve Let Down!”

Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
Ranked #6 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 3, 2008

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
15  Thank Catafega
There are newer reviews for Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District

Reviewed January 1, 2008

We stayed at the ZAZA in one of the themed suites .... We thought it would be okay to splurge a little (okay, maybe a lot) since in was New Years Eve! We stayed in the room called "It Happened One Night." The room was phenomenal, great views of the Museum District and Herman Park. The decor was modern, but ultra comfortable. I didn't find a thing that I would have changed in the room, it was beautiful and my pictures definitely don't do it justice. The service at the hotel was great, everyone was super friendly and eager to help you, in fact they really wouldn't let you lift a finger. The only thing that was sub-par was the in-room breakfast. We had room service at about 1am the night before and it was great so we thought that breakfast would be similar, but it wasn't. The pancakes were a little hard and tasted kinda old and the other things just seemed preheated and run-of-the-mill. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!! FABULOUS!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lindsey381
Reviewed November 30, 2007

The Hotel Zaza is perfectly located in the center of the Museum District in downtown Houston. It is within easy walking access to a huge number of local sights including parks, restaurants, and of course museums.

The property itself is brand new and very well kept. The rooms have very soft and comfortable bedding and are very trendy in the decor. The pool is beautiful with little shade cabanas to relax in if it gets too hot.

The hotel also has a large bar/nightclub with an outdoor space and a nice restaurant. The club was a bit loud when entering the hotel, but we couldn't hear it at all in our room.

I found the staff to be very accommodating and friendly, the room service was fast and the cleaning service was impeccable.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2007

The Hotel ZaZa in Houston is a new hotel in the old Warwick property down in the Museum district. It opened in July '07 and overall, is a great, hip place to hang your hat instead of the big chain hotels. The hotel has 352 rooms so it has all of the "big hotel" amenities (spa, pool, restaurant, bar) but not the big hotel feel. My husband and I stayed there two nights for our 5 year wedding anniversary and overall, it was a great experience. The room was beautiful and the staff gave us special attention for our celebration. There were a few glitches with the valet parking and breakfast service, but after speaking with the general manager about them, I feel certain they will be corrected.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2007

Went to ZaSpa today and although the spa is wonderful I will never go back again and will never recommend this hotel to anyone else due to the nightmare I experienced when trying to leave.

I had valet parked my car upon arrival . . had been advised spa guests had complimentary valet, upon leaving found I had to pay $9 fee . . .no problem I paid . . .then my nightmare started in earnest. It took 20+ minutes to find my car . . .multiple people behind me got their cars but still mine did not appear . . multiple valet parkers got invloved and I was even told my car couldn't be started with the valet key!! I advised them they had started it before and that never had problems starting the car with the valet key. Still no car . . .then multiple valets were sent to the parking lot to look for my car!!

I was treated like a second class citizen and added on 40 minutes to my visit . . . . . .I will never return . . . shame the spa is great . . . . . .not special but certainly above average for Houston. The added stress and non existent customer service have left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank Houston-Brits
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We traveled for long Labor Day weekend with our 2yo twin toddlers. Had a great time visiting the museum district and dining in Houston. The Hotel Zaza was a beautiful haven to return to each day. Smooth check in. Staff friendly. Room tastefully decorated but not over the top. Very comfortable to stay in.

Since we were traveling with young children, I was a little nervous after reading the review of the lady who paid thousands of dollars for messing up the room. Our children ran around comfortably with supervision. We had no problems with this.

Room service cost was ridiculous but we were lazy one day and ordered breakfast in our room to save time. The food was fine.

It is still a new hotel. The staff are all friendly and helpful but also fairly young like the hotel. It doesn' t have the mature, smooth boutique feel of other same quality hotel we have been in the past. It will get there though. We loved the stay and would definitely come back again next time in Houston.

2  Thank counting123
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I stayed here two nights over Labor Day Weekend with my boyfriend. We had a "Petite King", which was a little tight, but it was very nice. The room was beautiful - granite counters, and a huge flatscreen TV. The turndown service included a lighting a candle which was a nice touch. We were able to hang out at the pool for awhile, which was nice, but a little small. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. i also liked the location in the muesuem district, it is a very pretty area and an easy walk to the muesuems and the park. It does seem to be geared towards a younger, "hip" crowd. Not sure it would be the best place for families with young children.

On the negative side everything was pretty expensive - drinks, food, room service, etc. But it is fun, and worth it if you feel like indulging.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple