“Great Peruvian Food”

Sur Latin Peruvian Cuisine
Ranked #906 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed January 28, 2017

A year and 1/2 ago, we were in Peru on vacation and had the most wonderful food. We even did a cooking class while in Lima. Fast forward to today...we found this little family owned / run Peruvian restaurant. We met the owner and it turns out he was from Lima. The food is amazing, and it brought back so many wonderful memories from our trip. It's a quaint, fun little place with friendly people and a great menu. If you are around far west Houston or the Katy area ... this is the place to have real Peruvian food.

1  Thank Michael S

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Try it! The fresh home cooked Peruvian food is excellent! Very good service - Seating is always assured. Try to go as small group as the place can be a little quiet - BYOB!!

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

I've been her many times, as a couple and with friends. It's unique for the area and very, very good. Peruvian food is so underrated. Everything I have had here has been fresh, very flavorful and of high quality. Service is friendly, efficient and helpful. They don't serve alcohol but their fresh lemonade and passion fruit drinks are wonderful. The ceviche is out of this world and a generous serving. It's enough for a meal really. Very highly recommended!

1  Thank TexasChilicat
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

It's authentic Peruvian food, I haven't tried a single dish that I haven't liked. I would strongly recommend the ceviche and the lomo saltado.

1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

The best thing was the traditional Peruvian drink. The empanadas type appetizer was good as well. The food was a bit heavy for lunch. I ordered a entree that was supposed to have squid and shrimp. I asked for no squid. He directed me to another dish with mussels which I told him I didn't like (plus it was a totally different dish). So he said he could bring the dish I requested with only shrimp. The dish came out with 90% mussels. I told him it was the wrong dish he said no they were out of squid so substituted mussels (in everything). Huh? I had already told him I didn't like mussels and didn't order a dish because it contained them then he subs them in the dish I ordered. He did not offer to replace my dish or take it off the bill. There were 3 small shrimp which were not good quality, blah, and obviously previously frozen. Plus the mussel shells had broken a lot in the dish so kept getting pieces of that in the few bites I ate.