“Shuttle is not very useful”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #82 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hotel was okay. Beef was with the shuttle. I came in late and was tired after a frustrating customs experience and I was told that a lot of calls have come in from the E terminal and that it most likely would be full this trip and that I should take a cab and they would reimburse me with receipt. Nice thought. However, as most travellers are aware cabbies hate to get out of line at the airport for a fare to an airport hotel. Arrived at the hotel, didn't get a receipt from the taxi. Was told that the rides to the airport in the morning were filling up. Never had this experience before. Our flight was at 9 AM, I was thinking of a 6:30 or 7:00 AM ride. They were full. I didn't want a 7:30 AM ride, although it would have been fine I am sure. We had to take the shuttle at 6:00 AM. My question is when it takes about 8 minutes or less to get to the airport, why doesn't the shuttle run continuously so that more people can be brought to the airport during busy times? Why not have a estimated pickup time, but keep that shuttle moving to take more people.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RFA2249
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. We know that when you come to Houston you have many establishments to choose from and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I want to personally thank you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests.

I sincerely apologize for the Airport shuttle not being available on your late arrival. We do have our hours posted on our website to try and assist our guests with their travel needs. We do offer to pay for the taxi if necessary.

We would like to be able to continuously run our shuttle in the mornings but unfortunately, from driving myself, if we do, we will not be able to keep a schedule for our 30 minute times. Our shuttle is running every 30 minutes in the AM due to our high volume and since most of the times we are running to several terminals, we usually end up back at the hotel just on time or shortly before the next scheduled run. We truly listen and change things if possible from our guest comments.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and thank you for your comments! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We live 250 miles from Houston so we needed a hotel near Houston Bush Airport for our early morning flight. Multiple options for airport parking were very close to the Hampton. We were able to park our car and be in the terminal within 30 minutes. The Hotel was very nice and we felt safe at this location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank portbaymike
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We are glad that we were able to help you feel safe and we hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and for commenting on your stay with us! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved it - the people are great. Nice big rooms, nice sized bathroom and the staff was very accommodating. After my check out the staff agreed to hold my bags until I returned from a meeting. Not only did they hold my bags, but they allowed me to conduct a meeting in their lobby after my check out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so kind with your comments and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles. It truly is an honor when our guests let us know how we are doing and that we are treating you well. You are the reason why we are here and thank you again for letting us know your stay was fantastic.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Can't beat it for the price. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. Nice breakfast. I did not find the noise from the airport a problem at all on my weekend stay. Only complaints are the immediate area; easy walk to a Jack in the Box and a convenience store, anything else requires a car and the traffic isn't light, even making a right turn out of the parking lot will take you a few minutes. However, you may have more patience with traffic than I do.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Desk staff were extremely helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants. Shuttle from airport to hotel was prompt as was the return to airport the next day. Desk staff arranged a shuttle for an emergency trip to a pharmacy, located a nearby CVS pharmacy, waited for us and quickly returned us to the hotel....a real life saver! Breakfast offered many options with hot and tasty food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

It's a good place, has the necessary services for people involved in business, but the front desk don't know about places to visit on Houston that's a really shame, I loved the snacks by the noon, the shuttle it's awful I waited for 30 minutea at the airport while they pick me up

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

I sincerely apologize for delay in our shuttle picking you up. Normally it only takes 10 to 15 minutes and I will check in to this and make sure that we take proper steps to make our pick up and drop off times.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Website states transportation from IAH airport. It does not mention that the transportation stops while there are still scheduled arrivals. This resulted in me paying a $20 cab fare that the hotel would not reimburse.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the shuttle issue you had during your stay with us. We now have our shuttle hours posted on our main page of our website to further assist our valued guests. I have already submitted your points to make up for the cab ride as well.

Again,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and we hope to have another chance in the future to show you how your stay should have been as a valued guest.