Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #82 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved it - the people are great. Nice big rooms, nice sized bathroom and the staff was very accommodating. After my check out the staff agreed to hold my bags until I returned from a meeting. Not only did they hold my bags, but they allowed me to conduct a meeting in their lobby after my check out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. We know that when you come to Houston you have many establishments to choose from and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so kind with your comments and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles. It truly is an honor when our guests let us know how we are doing and that we are treating you well. You are the reason why we are here and thank you again for letting us know your stay was fantastic.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and for commenting on your stay with us! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Can't beat it for the price. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. Nice breakfast. I did not find the noise from the airport a problem at all on my weekend stay. Only complaints are the immediate area; easy walk to a Jack in the Box and a convenience store, anything else requires a car and the traffic isn't light, even making a right turn out of the parking lot will take you a few minutes. However, you may have more patience with traffic than I do.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Desk staff were extremely helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants. Shuttle from airport to hotel was prompt as was the return to airport the next day. Desk staff arranged a shuttle for an emergency trip to a pharmacy, located a nearby CVS pharmacy, waited for us and quickly returned us to the hotel....a real life saver! Breakfast offered many options with hot and tasty food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

It's a good place, has the necessary services for people involved in business, but the front desk don't know about places to visit on Houston that's a really shame, I loved the snacks by the noon, the shuttle it's awful I waited for 30 minutea at the airport while they pick me up

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

I want to personally thank you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests.

I sincerely apologize for delay in our shuttle picking you up. Normally it only takes 10 to 15 minutes and I will check in to this and make sure that we take proper steps to make our pick up and drop off times.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and thank you for your comments! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Website states transportation from IAH airport. It does not mention that the transportation stops while there are still scheduled arrivals. This resulted in me paying a $20 cab fare that the hotel would not reimburse.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the shuttle issue you had during your stay with us. We now have our shuttle hours posted on our main page of our website to further assist our valued guests. I have already submitted your points to make up for the cab ride as well.

Again,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and we hope to have another chance in the future to show you how your stay should have been as a valued guest.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great hotel. The front desk staff is a bit unfriendly but the property is excellent. The rooms are very clean. It has as an awesome variety of breakfast items. It was rather quiet considering the closeness to the airport, but the hotel is awesome enough to provide ear plugs in every room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I sincerely apologize for any issues that you might have had during your stay with us.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn was good as reported my many TripAdvisor members. The hotel is clean,staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are large, and furnishings are attractive and functional. The complimentary breakfast was very good and filling. The public hotel area is minimal and not inviting to sit.

However, there are a few issues that travelers should be aware of. You have to phone the hotel on arrival at George Bush International (GBI) to get the free shuttle pick up, but the hotel is NOT listed on the directory with phone link video screen situated in the baggage claim area of terminal “C”. We were lucky that a lady working for a city transport service kindly lent us her mobile to call the hotel.

The hotel is only 10 minutes from the terminal at GBI which is very convenient for overnight flight connections. The downside is that you do hear muffled aircraft noise for takeoff. Fortunately we did not have much noise before 6 am and we were already up for an early departure. The location may be an issue for light sleepers trying to sleep in.

The hotel does not had a lounge or restaurant on site, the closest being situated at the Doubletree, like the Hampton Inn also a Hilton affiliate, that is a five minute walk away. The walk itself is not a problem past Jack in the Box and a Shell station, but we were a bit uncomfortable walking back at midnight in a strange city.

The Doubletree was also on our short list to stay at and the lobby and public areas were much nicer than the Hampton Inn. I was surprised that is was ranked #114 whereas the Hampton was #58 on TripAdvisor. The Doubletree has a nicer public area and ful restaurant and bar and It is on average only $20 per night more expensive but we would likely stay there in the future if we arrive on an evening flight to avoid the walk for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FunOnly

I sincerely apologize for any issues you had during your stay with us. I am pleased to say that we now have our shuttle hours posted on our website for our guests conveniences. We are working on getting our Hotel information back on the Airport Kiosk for our traveling guests as well.

Mike May

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Courtyard Houston Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!