“Convenient location to IAH”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #84 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Spent the night recently prior to early flight the next morning...great decision. Clean, comfortable room. I would definitely stay in the hotel again if I had an early flight out of Intercontinental Airport (Bush).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. We know that when you come to Houston you have many establishments to choose from and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and for commenting on your stay with us! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The facility, the rooms and the staff were all very good, clean and helpful, respectively. The value provided for the nightly charge was extremely satisfying. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a pleasant stay in Houston and near Bush Airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was very close to the airport, the beds were the most comfortable ever, the breakfast selections great. Although you hear the jets, the hotel provided ear plugs should you care to use them. The staff were very pleasant and the shuttle driver even dropped us off at the car rental place directly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MikeMay71, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so kind with your comments and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles. It truly is an honor when our guests let us know how we are doing and that we are treating you well. You are the reason why we are here and thank you again for letting us know your stay was fantastic. We are very happy that we could take care of you. Hope to see you next time when you are in the area.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I just left our stay at the Hampton Inn near IAH airport in Houston, Texas. Though I don't often write reviews, I have stayed in many hotels around the world and thought this was the worst experience I'd ever had in a hotel.

We are just beginning the exciting life-transition of moving overseas to China this morning. To minimize the risk of missing our early flight, we decided to stay near the airport and trusted the Hampton Inn and Hilton brand name, as we have done many times in the past for both business and leisure stays.

We have a flight to Beijing early this morning. When we checked in last night, December 1st around 7:00pm, the front desk staff was friendly, but completely unknowledgeable about standard hotel procedures. We requested a 4:00 am wake up call and airport shuttle service at 5:15am. She confirmed that both of these were set up and ready for the following morning.

I set an additional alarm in the room and woke up a few minutes before 4:00am. The requested wake up call never came. At 4:40am, we decided to double check if the shuttle service was indeed scheduled at 5:15am. I called the front desk from our room, let it ring over a dozen times, and there was no answer. I called again at 4:50, again waiting for many rings with no answer. My husband then walked down the hall and asked the person at the front desk about the shuttle reservation. She informed him that no, there is not a reservation, but that the shuttle service leaves promptly on the hour and half hour, at 5:00 and 5:30.

At this point we had five minutes to get the 5:00 shuttle to get to the airport in time, call a cab, or wait for the 5:30 shuttle, which would have had us arriving at the airport late for our international check in. I again called the front desk at 4:55 am in an attempt to notify her that we would be taking the 5:00 am shuttle. Again, and unsurprisingly at this point, there was no answer. We rushed as quickly as possible to get the shuttle, and watched it drive away from the other end of the hallway.

In an airport hotel, this type of screw up is completely inexcusable. If we'd relied only on the hotel staff, we would have missed our flight to move to Beijing. The staffer working on the evening of December 1 should not be left alone to run the hotel.

She was worse than useless- she made us think she had it under control when she didn't.

The front desk person on the morning of December 2 at least knew of standard policies and procedures, but was not doing a basic duty of answering the telephone several times over the course of ~15-20 minutes.

Fortunately, we were about to quickly get a last minute cab and got to the airport with a few minutes to spare. However, if no action is taken on the part of this hotel, I fully expect that very soon someone staying here will miss a flight-potentially a pricey international business class flight- due to the shockingly inept front desk staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily H
MikeMay71, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. I sincerely apologies for any inconveniences you occurred during your travels.

Please accept my sincerest of apologies for the missed wake up call, our desk agent not being able to answer our phone, and for not being able to honor the 5:15 AM shuttle service.

As you are aware, Hampton Inn & Suites has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. It is for that reason, that we have invoked the 100% guarantee on your behalf for your room charge and we have also submitted 25,000 Bonus Points for your Hilton Honor loyalty.

It is our hope that this experience has not soured you on the Hampton Inn & Suites brand. We would greatly appreciate a chance to earn your business back! If you are traveling to the Houston Bush Airport area, please contact me directly so that I may personally handle your reservations. If you would rather not stay with us again, please contact me so I may recommend some alternate accommodations in the area if you would like.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience we caused you during your stay. We hope to get a chance to show you the excellent service I know we can deliver in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Treated very well during our stay, staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very clean. Easy access to airport. Shuttle staff very helpful, pickup was quick. Wound stay again as travels dictate. Will recommend to family and friends as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so kind with your comments and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles. It truly is an honor when our guests let us know how we are doing and that we are treating you well. You are the reason why we are here and thank you again for letting us know your stay was fantastic. Thank you for recommending our property to your friends and family we appreciate it, and hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We only stayed one night but we were pleased by the service level we received. The staff at the reception helped us with information and advice and made sure we got to the airport in time. The bed was one of the best we have slept in with wonderful pillows and comforter. The internet was fast and free and the room clean and up to standard.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so kind with your comments and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles. It truly is an honor when our guests let us know how we are doing and that we are treating you well. You are the reason why we are here and thank you again for letting us know your stay was fantastic. It seems that your stay was exceptional and I am very pleased that we were able to offer you with that.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had a great and confortable stay in this hotel. Free shuttle to airport, near major stores and shopping mall, big room, everything is very clean, excellent breakfast, free internet and great Staff !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple