Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #86 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel has the Onity locks that have been featured in many news articles and on the NBC Today show before Christmas.I did not feel safe knowing the electronic locks could be compromised. The luggage unit at the foot of the bed had a big rip in it.The maid came around at 4 PM to make up the room.Fitness room under renovation, so no equipment.The hotel should have advised me of this when they sent me a reminder of my reservation

Room Tip: Request a room away from landing flight path if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tasneem H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport on your recent visit to the Houston Area. I sincerely apologize that you did not feel secure during your stay with us. We are in the process of installing the onity safety feature at this time and assure you that all of our guests safety is of the upmost importance.

I do apologize that we are renovating our Fitness Room to the Jump Start Fitness so that we may continue to give our guests the utmost state of the are work out that our Hilton guests have come to enjoy. I apologize that our staff did not inform you of our temporary fitness room located just down the hall from our fitness room. We have posted signs as well so that our guests are aware of this location as well.

I sincerely apologize about the luggage bench in your room and I assure you this will be taken care of as soon as possible. Here at Hampton Inn & Suites we strive for all of our guests satisfaction and sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay here.

We hope that you would consider staying with us again on your next visit to our area.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The room was very clean and very comfortable. My husband loved the fact that he had a view of the runway. He parked his chair in front of the window and watched the planes take off! Some people wouldn't like this but we didn't mind at all. Earplugs were provided but we didn't need them. Wonderful breakfast with lots of options - loved the bagel toppers! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel was a little noisy during the night, being close to the airport, but earplugs were provided. The rooms were very clean and service was very good. The breakfast was good. The staff was very helpful in giving directions for nearby restaurants. The checkout process was very fast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although this hotel is a little dated, it was fine for an overnight stay. The room was clean and spacious and, although the duvet looked very lumpy, we found the bed to be quite comfortable. It had a very large bathroom with huge shower and extra jets that would hit the small of your back - wonderful! There is a complimentary hot and cold breakfast and across the street there is a Jack in the Box restaurant. We found a great place for dinner across the street at the Double-Tree Inn - Derrick's Saloon. Absolutely the best quesadilla I've ever eaten and my husband was raving about his ribs. The staff at The Hampton were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tasneem H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. We know that when you come to Houston you have many establishments to choose from and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. Especially since your flight was out of Hobby Air Port.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are replacing the duvets as we speak and remodeling our fitness center with state of the art equipement as well. We also plan on remodeling our lobby breakfast area later this year as well so that we may continue to provide our customers and guests with nothing but the best that Hilton has to offer. Please stay tuned to our website for the updates as well.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and for commenting on your stay with us! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I did not have to go far to get to this hotel because it is very close to the airport. Although a Hilton honors member I never stay at Hampton Inns. My stay here reminded me why. When I travel I require certain things such as a refrigerator for my medication and there was not one in the room. There is no microwave either. I ended up purchasing a small cooler from the store to put my medication in. Aside from that the rooms were clean and quiet. I will probably go back to a different hotel next time. If you do not need refrigerators or microwaves you should be fine here.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had to stay at the airport, hotel is nice enough, nothing special. Staff is real good. Shuttle cam and picked us up at the airport with no issue. But it's an airport location. Nothing really close by so you are at the hotel. Managers reception was a plus and between that and the staff moved the rating to average. But for the money paid, pretty expensive. Breakfast was typical Hampton, but no fruit. What's up with that? Since I'm a Hilton guy options at the airport are limited, but would consider what I'm paying and what I'm getting if travels bring me back to the area.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

I sincerely apologize for the fruit being out the morning you came down for breakfast. There was a delay from the provider but we had it available the next morning. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we would like to see you back again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a perfect spot to stay the night before our early am flight. The hotel was very clean and the staff cordial. Our door did give us a little grief as you had to turn the handle up instead of down. That probably ought to be fixed, as I had to go back downstairs to get that info from the desk clerk. If you were in a hurry, it could be frustrating. The plane noise was really unnoticeable, and room was large. Linens are always wonderful at Hampton, and is half the reason I always choose them. Breakfast was standard, but there was plenty of it. Very convienient as we were less than 5 minutes from IAH.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so gracious with our survey and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles.

Mike May

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!