“A Convenient Airport Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #82 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although this hotel is a little dated, it was fine for an overnight stay. The room was clean and spacious and, although the duvet looked very lumpy, we found the bed to be quite comfortable. It had a very large bathroom with huge shower and extra jets that would hit the small of your back - wonderful! There is a complimentary hot and cold breakfast and across the street there is a Jack in the Box restaurant. We found a great place for dinner across the street at the Double-Tree Inn - Derrick's Saloon. Absolutely the best quesadilla I've ever eaten and my husband was raving about his ribs. The staff at The Hampton were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tasneem H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport. We know that when you come to Houston you have many establishments to choose from and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. Especially since your flight was out of Hobby Air Port.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are replacing the duvets as we speak and remodeling our fitness center with state of the art equipement as well. We also plan on remodeling our lobby breakfast area later this year as well so that we may continue to provide our customers and guests with nothing but the best that Hilton has to offer. Please stay tuned to our website for the updates as well.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bush Airport and for commenting on your stay with us! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I did not have to go far to get to this hotel because it is very close to the airport. Although a Hilton honors member I never stay at Hampton Inns. My stay here reminded me why. When I travel I require certain things such as a refrigerator for my medication and there was not one in the room. There is no microwave either. I ended up purchasing a small cooler from the store to put my medication in. Aside from that the rooms were clean and quiet. I will probably go back to a different hotel next time. If you do not need refrigerators or microwaves you should be fine here.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had to stay at the airport, hotel is nice enough, nothing special. Staff is real good. Shuttle cam and picked us up at the airport with no issue. But it's an airport location. Nothing really close by so you are at the hotel. Managers reception was a plus and between that and the staff moved the rating to average. But for the money paid, pretty expensive. Breakfast was typical Hampton, but no fruit. What's up with that? Since I'm a Hilton guy options at the airport are limited, but would consider what I'm paying and what I'm getting if travels bring me back to the area.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

I sincerely apologize for the fruit being out the morning you came down for breakfast. There was a delay from the provider but we had it available the next morning. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we would like to see you back again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a perfect spot to stay the night before our early am flight. The hotel was very clean and the staff cordial. Our door did give us a little grief as you had to turn the handle up instead of down. That probably ought to be fixed, as I had to go back downstairs to get that info from the desk clerk. If you were in a hurry, it could be frustrating. The plane noise was really unnoticeable, and room was large. Linens are always wonderful at Hampton, and is half the reason I always choose them. Breakfast was standard, but there was plenty of it. Very convienient as we were less than 5 minutes from IAH.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to give our guests 100% satisfaction while staying with us and the only way we know if we are succeeding is to hear it from our valued guests. I would also like to thank you for being so gracious with our survey and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff during our daily huddles.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great Hampton property; quiet, well kept, very clean, and wonderful staff. Fast airport shuttle; runs every 30 minutes. This looks like a newer Hampton. Several dining choices within reasonable walking distance; Jack-in-the-Box, Taco Bell, a pizza place, Subway, and a few bars. Also a Shell gas station with a huge store. All within a few steps on the same side as JFK Blvd. And yes, a very tasty, full breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joe R
Tasneem H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stay here by choice after reading many reviews on other chain hotels in the Houston area. We have not been disappointed. The staff are attentive and helpful. The breakfast bar is excellent and varied. The room is clean and reasonably well appointed. The noise from departing and arriving planes is tolerable. Depending on the particular take-off/landing pattern on the day you hear more or less of the planes. I recommend requesting a room on the south side of the building and maybe the 2nd or 3rd floor which would be more insular if you are bothered by jet plane noise. Generally, the noise, what there was of it, stopped around mid-night and did not pick up again until about 0600. It never bothered me in any case. We stayed here even though we flew out of Hobby [30 minutes away] because we had a good experience here the previous times we flew into Bush. It is right on the road to the terminals. There are several varied restaurants nearby and a Shell filling station and rental car next store [Dollar?]. Pool & spa [outside] were functional, and they have a few treadmills in the exercise area. We will stay here again in the spring for the Shell Houston Open if all goes well. Nice folks.

Room Tip: Ask for south side of building and 2nd or 3rd floor for quieter stay.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BigMike60_70
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is one of the better airport hotels I have stayed at. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Bright lights in the parking lot were much appreciated as a theft deterrent. The hotel feels very safe. Nice size room with a good variety of cable TV channels. There is a Jack in the Box restaurant that is right next to the hotel if you need a quick meal or a snack.

The one thing you need to know....you will have airport noise. No fault of the hotel. Just being this close to the airport, sometimes you feel like you can reach out the window and shake hands with the pilot. I did notice that the jet noise was less frequent after about 10:00 pm.

If you are looking for a convenient hotel that is very close to IAH, this is the hotel for you. I had an early morning flight and was at the rental car return within five minutes. There are also plenty of gas stations on JFK BLVD to replenish the fuel.

This in fact is one of the best airport hotels I have stayed at in quite some time! Good work Hampton Inn at IAH!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business