“Wonderful stay during hospitalization of sick daughter”

Lake View RV Resort
Reviewed September 15, 2013

After spending 2 nights in a hotel that left us with $200.00 less in our wallet and itching (OH NO!!) my husband located the Lake View Rv Resort only 5 minutes from TCH. He drove back home which was 2 hours one way and picked up our rig and brought it back so we would have our own place to stay during a very stressful time. We rented a spot for a month, which only cost us a little over $500.00 plus electricity. The park is spotless and is was so nice to be able to walk around the lake on the nights that I was actually not at the hospital. The laundry was spotless and has a great system with prepaid cards so you dont have to deal with quarters. There were outdoor kitchens, many outdoor swings, a pool, sauna, nice indoor gameroom to name a few ammenities. I honestly wasnt there enough to see much more. The park is pet friendly and one of the nicest places that I have found, especially near Houston.
I will definately stay there again if we ever have to go back to the Medical Center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank RetiredCoppers

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean and convenient to all hospitals. Love the free shuttle. People in charge are so friendly and accommodating. Love the grounds and flower gardens. Best RV park in Houston. We plan to be here until January.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Sacga
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed from March until August while she had treatments at MD Anderson! Facility is very clean and very well managed!! I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to stay! I would give them a 10 instead of a 5 if I could!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank MGibbs1980
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Found this resort from google maps and was very impressed when we visited there today. Christine Marlett was working the counter when we walked in and she quickly acknowledged our arrival and was very friendly and looked as if she really enjoyed working there (not always the case at many businesses these days). Was immediately impressed by the openness and cleanliness of the resort and leased a spot without looking at other facilities. My wife and I are fulltimers and look forward to finding this type of place to park our motorhome in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank T E K
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have stayed here twice while I was being tested and treated at MD Anderson. The place is perfect for this. Very clean sites, pool, laundry room, restroom, showers, workout room. We found the office management very nice and helpful. Nice walking trail around man-made lake with fountains. Sites and roads are all concrete surrounded by grass. Few (if any) trees large enough to provide shade, so will be hot in the summer. Some of the sites along a very busy road which has constant road noise -- I would avoid this row if possible. Premium sites around the lake are the best but others away from the busy road are nice. There is a free shuttle that runs week days to MD Anderson and the other medical center buildings. Very convenient. We will return. We stayed in a 30' fifth wheel.

Room Tip: Avoid the row along the busy road. Constant road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DanJJr
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I place a premium on friendliness and service and you won't get either here. It's all business and they want your money hands down. Prepare for rules everywhere and some of them are very uneccesary. My only positive comment is the shuttle that goes to the medical center, but it doesn't run on the weekends. If you don't need that, there are many other parks close by that really want your business and will treat you with respect.
Your location in the park is critical. There is lots of road noise and construction. Avoid the outside perameter spots or prepare to need earplugs.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business