“Service & Room were excellent.”

Hotel Granduca Houston
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here one night for work and it was terrific. Yes, I agree with some other posters that maybe the decor in the common areas is a bit over-the-top-BIG-Texas meets faux-Tuscanny, but I'll let that slide as my room was pretty perfect. I had almost a full-sized kitchen and living room and then a separate bedroom. Large bathroom and closet. I could have easily stayed here for a very long time.
Room service (at least for breakfast) was excellent as well.
The only cons are the location, that while central, is near a somewhat busy road. Opening the little door on my porch wasn't nearly as pleasant as I'd hoped due to all the noise. Alas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mary Grace G, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Happy

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As others have written, this is a great hotel. The service accross the board was very prompt and friendly. The rooms are very large, nicely decorated and very comfortable. Although it was a bit too chilly to use the pool, the pool area was beaitiful and the bar service by the pool was great as well. The only negative (and I recognize I am really nitpicking) is that the bath towels are small and uncomfortable -- at a hotel of this caliber, I expect large and luxurious towels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mary Grace G, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your very nice comments. We appreciate your candor - we strive to exceed all of our guests expectations upon each return.

See you again very soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This has to be one of the top hotels in the United States. Also one of the least known. Very few people know about it! I tell friends in Houston I was there, and they ask where it is. The rooms are fabulous! The staff is top notch, from the front desk, bell staff, to valet service. When I went to check out, they greeted me by name - after one night! The pool area is so private and beautiful. We didn't eat dinner at the restaurant, it is very expensive ($50 entrees). But, no fear, there are several excellent restaurants within walking distance that are reasonable. We did have the Sunday brunch at the hotel. Again, fabulous! It was a buffet with unlimited champagne, bellinis, and mimosas. The buffet had sushi, King Crab legs, oysters on the half shell, fresh custom made omelets, pasta, salads, huge deserts, smoked salmon, and on and on. I could have stay there 3 hours! If you can afford it, THIS is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Get above the second floor to get a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your weekend experience with us. Granduca is a jewel in the center of our great city. Brunch is really a must for all. I hope next time you can plan to arrive for Aperitivo, our Italian Happy Hour - which is each Thursday, 5-8. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We loved this special high end boutique hotel. Great location near many shops, restaurants and the Galleria. 5 Star service at every turn. Pricey but worth it. Excellent suites with all the finest amenities. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Granduca. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sincerely
Hotel Granduca

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I travel to Houston several times a year. We typically stay at the Houstonian but decided to try the Granduca on the suggestion of friends. We were very impressed. We had a suite and it was great. Very spacious. We weren't in the room long enough to take advantage of the kitchen area but nice to know it was there for the future.

The room was very clean. The bedroom was huge and the bathroom was great. Very large and well lit.

My husbands company is based in Houston and they have clients that come in from all over the country. He commented that he will definitely have them stay here in the future and we will more than likely make this our new "go to" for our Houston visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AMANDA W
Mary Grace G, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest at Granduca and for sharing your experience with us. It is great to know you enjoyed our suites and all that we have to offer - especially our incredible team of ready professionals.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Very Sincerely

Reviewed October 25, 2013

One of the prettiest hotels and most luscious and comfortable rooms I have stayed in a long time. The hotel makes you feel like you are in Italy with all the amenities and service Americans are accustomed to when staying at one of the Leading Hotels of the World. Great service, great food...can't say enough about it - great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience with us. It is always lovely to hear such nice comments. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a faux rural Tuscan hotel, dark and 'heavy' furnishing with suits of armour in various corners and the decor just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. I had a suite, which was massive and if you're staying for a week or more, it would probably work really well but more than I needed for two nights.

There's nothing wrong with the hotel - it's clean, staff are efficient and friendly, everything works but its just not particularly memorable. I didn't eat in the restaurant but it looked busy, which is normally a good sign - the bar was a bit small, so my group of 10 went across the road to a sports bar instead.

Anyone who's organizing a meeting here; as someone who does this all the time, it drives me insane why hotels that do this on a regular basis don't have ceiling mounted projectors. It may sound trivial to those who don't have to use them but it's a never ending irritation. And the large room we were using had really poor sight lines and in keeping with the rest of the hotel was pretty gloomy (and we had windows).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mersonfanclub

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always take our guests concerns and learn from them. We hope you will return to enjoy all that Granduca has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon as this is the best time to visit our great city.

Very Sincerely