“Annieversary”

Ranked #2 of 506 Hotels in Houston
houston
“Annieversary”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good hotel. The junior suite is very nice and spacious. Nice pool area and I loved the hot tub. Our room wasn't ready when we got there at 3pm, but we waited in the bar area. Service was good. Will probably stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cypresslewis
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest

We are so delighted you spent your anniversary with us this year! We hope to see you again soon.

Mary Grace Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Granduca Hotel in Houston rocks!

I had such a fantastic stay last year at the Granduca that I thought my second visit would pale in comparison.

I was wrong.

Returning to the Granduca was as memorable as my first visit. And this trip I had time to see more of the hotel.

When I pulled into the driveway the valet Jonathan greeted me warmly and said, “Welcome back.” How he knew I was returning, I do not know.

Anwar, who made my visit so special last time, was there as well and asked me how my trip was and quickly took my luggage. He told me about the new happenings in the hotel and said I must try the Sunday Brunch, which is the best in Houston.

I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the pool, which is really incredible. I love the furnishings and comfort of this hotel; it is new and fresh but it has a very old European feel as though it has been there for many years. The bar is cozy and has a terrific feel, like you are in someone’s elegant home. I love the Granduca’s location, which is just across the street from a great shopping area with more restaurants and browsing.

Sunday Brunch was exceptional. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere upscale and welcoming and the service impeccable. It is everything you can imagine from Eggs Benedict, fresh salads of all kinds, roasted beef tenderloins, shrimp, crab and fresh cold oysters. Dessert is must!

Only one sad note during my stay: I had to check out. I joked with the staff as I was checking out that I wanted to stay until next summer. “That can be arranged,” she said. No doubt they could arrange that. I was told they have guests who live at this hotel.It was a 'friends' get together in Houston.

Room Tip: Make reservations for the Sunday brunch early. It is the best in Houston and fills up fast
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed all that our special hotel has to offer. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed Brunch this time as well as the little touches in our rooms which make one's visit a memorable experience.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Houston.

Very Sincerely

Houston
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Decided to stay at the Granduca on a spur of the moment Girls night out

Got a last minute reservation through Booking.com Live in Houston so wanted to stat at the hotel
Lovely Hotel Service impeccable We had a junior suite We laughed that we drove 2 miles to get there We were exhausted

Ate in the restaurant Fabulous

Room Tip: Junior suite room 607 close to elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know you all had a great weekend at Granduca. We are a favorite place for special occasions and we hope to see you once again very soon.

Best regards,

Kitty Hawk
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I am here again in Houston at the Granduca and if anything it has only gotten better! So relaxing and centrally located.Shopping is close and now that I know the area highway access is so easy.Come sit on the back patio and have a delicious drink. People here are eager to serve. Al ways with pleasent smiling and genuinely happy to assist. Try it you will love it. I never like to leave; but I get to look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank patrick B
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Davis, CA
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The moment you drive up everyone is there to help. The hotel is beautiful with an Italian decor. The rooms are well furnished with balcony doors that are wood and well kept. Bathrooms are large and beds are very comfortable. Very quiet. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Inside courtyard is best
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chiili
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Granduca. We are so thrilled you enjoyed being with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is great, I have stayed at various hotels in Houston, but this one is spectacular. It's cosy and private, not too big or impersonal, the facilities are great, the service is top class and location is also very good uptown, you can walk to a whole area of bars and restaurants and shops. I loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest recently at Granduca. We are so thrillled you enjoyed all that Granduca has to offer. The European shopping village across the way is just perfect for an afternoon of strolling among the various shops to pick up that special something to remember your stay in Houston. We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Take time to enjoy Sunday Brunch next time as it is simply amazing.

Very Sincerely
Lexington, KY
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Yes, the pool area was quiet and that's why I liked it.The suite was very elegant and the staff friendly and willing to do anything for you. The breakfasts were wonderful. I felt like a Queen. So close to the Galleria and several shopping complexes. I could easily live there.

Room Tip: Choose a suite with living room and small kitchen. Very restful and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience with us. We are so delighted to know you enjoyed the peaceful, tranquil setting Granduca has become known to deliver to all our guests. We are thrilled you enjoyed our staff as well. We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Very Sincerely,