“Splendid”

Hotel Granduca Houston
Ranked #4 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Granduca is our choice whenever we travel to Houston. Attention to detail, warmth and charm are all evident in this lovely hotel.

The staff welcome you as if you are arriving home..... Very nice!

Rooms are spacious and the small kitchen is very convenient. My wife was especially fond of the large walk-in closet.

The surrounding area is also very chic and the whole Granduca experience is always first class!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest recently at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

stayed there for a week while on business. one of my best stays in Houston area. great staff, great hotel, great ambience. I have nothing to complain about, really. Best part beside the hotel grounds, was the great surrounding restaurants.

Room Tip: great restaurant at the hotel, but there are many great ones around it too. you can walk it or take...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit to Granduca. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel and the area. It is a real hidden gem in our great city. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here on our wedding night and it was perfect. The rate was low in relation to the breathtaking room we had!! It was absolutley gorgeous and perfect!! We can not wait to come back next your for our anniverary!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Congratulations on your wedding! We are so thrilled you chose Granduca for your special day. We hope to see you during the upcomng holidays; perhaps for Sunday brunch or a special intimate dinner.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Granduca is a very nice and elegant boutique hotel. You will not be disappointed. They have taken great care with the details. Everything is really well done. It smells of the old Italian charm. That's the fresh rosé part...it smells nice! The thorn bit goes something like this...I checked in at 2 pm and the front desk gal told me...sorry we do not have a room ready...I had requested for a high floor to which she replied....sorry we are full and have no high floor rooms. I was a little disappointed as I had requested a month earlier. I told the girl that I am a going to talk to my company folks who have a significant contract with the hotel and also post it on the Trip Advisor. Magically not one, but two rooms 'appeared' on the high floors. I was sent an apology card and a welcome drink with dates and nuts! After that I had no complaints...the service was great...almost like in the Far East in a 5-star hotel (a dwindling perk in North America).

You will like it...take my word for it!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest at Granduca. I am delighted we were able to make certain all details met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we just had at the Granduca Hotel. When we arrived to check in, what a wonderful surprise to be upgraded to a 3 bedroom suite. There is nothing that could be improved upon. The gentlemen working valet could not have been more friendly or helpful - remembering us by name each time. The food from room service was very good. The location is located in the Galleria area so you are close to all of the best shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest

We are so delighted to know you enjoyed your return visit to Granduca. It is always our sincere pleasure to welcome our guests back to our Italian oasis in the heart of our great city. We hope you will plan another visit soon. With the holidays coming up; I hope you will plan to have lunch or dinner with us. Our special holiday brunch is amazing. See you again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I like nice hotels. I like hotels where they go out of their way to notice details, call us by name, give us chocolates and "turn down service", provide fluffy bathrobes, etc. The staff at this hotel were all friendly and made us feel welcome. The suite was large and comfortable. The whole hotel was attractive and somewhat "grand" - high doors, dark wood, wide hallways, etc. But it was also pleasant and not too "stuffy". I needed this hotel because I have to cook for my family (food allergies) - and it was a pleasure to use the small kitchen. OK, there were a few utensils missing to make cooking easy.... but it had quality pots and pans and really everything we needed. (The microwave doubles as a convection oven if you really, really need an oven). I think most people who stay here don't really try to cook as much as we needed to. I really felt that this hotel provided service and comfort equal to the best hotels I have stayed at.... Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc.... only we had twice as much room for 1/2 the price. I would DEFINITELY stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Granduca. We are delighted you enjoyed all that we have to offer. Often the smallest details do make the difference. I am sorry we missed a few cooking utensils to make your meals a bit easier to prepare. Rest assured we are making notes. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Very Sincerely

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love the Granduca in Houston. We have family that live just a few minutes away - so this hotel has become like a home away from home for me. From the moment I walk through the front door - everyone is concerned that everything is perfect during my stay. From the front door throughout the hotel - everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. The suites are very large and comfortable. Most importantly for me, it has always been very quiet during my stay. The hotel is beautiful and for me has that boutique feel. Another plus for me are the shops and restaurants within a few minutes walking distance.

Room Tip: I have asthma that is set off due to allergies to animals. I was told that one floor is set aside f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so delighted you enjoy being at Granduca. It is such a pleasure to know our guests enjoy what we do each day!
We hope you will be back soon.