“"Feel yourself like a gran duca" is their motto. They are up to it.”

Hotel Granduca Houston
Ranked #2 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Sugar Land, TX
“"Feel yourself like a gran duca" is their motto. They are up to it.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is indeed a luxury hotel. It looks pricey for Houston but considering location, quality of accommodations, quality and abundance of service it is really inexpensive. It is great for a romantic get away as it was in my case.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Please pardon my late response. We are delighted you enjoyed all that Granduca has to offer. Our hotel has become a destination for Houstonians to take a weekend getaway as you mentioned. We are here for you; we look forward to your next visit.
Plan to enjoy Sunday brunch soon as well as our acclaimed holiday brunches which are also a favorite of locals.

See you again soon.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Mary Grace Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Hotel Granduca is a beautiful 5 star luxury hotel in Houston that is one of “The Leading Hotels of the World”. It looks and feels like a large Italian Villa that was dropped into the middle of big city Houston – elegant and luxurious in every way. We stayed in the Granduca Suite which was absolutely perfect with a beautiful and spacious sitting room, well equipped kitchen, lovely and comfortable bedroom, walk in closet, and nice sized bathroom with top notch amenities. While there, we enjoyed an excellent dinner in the Restaurant Cavour. Service was outstanding for dinner and throughout our stay. Everyone was extremely friendly and over the top ready to provide assistance in any way possible. The patio area by the pool is lovely and is a perfect spot to enjoy a cocktail when the weather is nice. The indoor piano bar is also great and the live music in the evening makes it even more special. The location cannot be beat since it is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in Uptown Park, and only a short drive away from the awesome Galleria shopping mall as well as Memorial Park and downtown Houston. This would be a perfect place to stay for anyone visiting the Houston area and wanting to sample some of the best this city has to offer. We live in Houston and were simply looking for a special place to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. We were thrilled to discover this elegant and romantic hotel. It is expensive, but well worth the price, and is a perfect place to celebrate a special event. We will be back!

1 Thank nrscar
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Happy Anniversary! We are so delighted you chose Granduca to enjoy your special anniversary.
We hope you will return again soon. Please join us for Sunday Brunch some weekend as it is a wonderful way to celebrate Sunday!

Very Sincerely
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I typically go to Houston several times per year on business. This time around, my usual hotel was booked, so I registered at the Granduca at the suggestion of a friend. I am usually hesitant to select a place that does not have a name that I recognize, but in this case, I am glad that I trusted my friend. The service was elegant without seeming snobby, the facilities were beautiful, and my suite was top-notch, well-appointed and clean as a whistle.

I had a little downtime on my last day, so I sat by the outdoor pool and did some work on my computer. Having finished, I then grabbed a glass of wine from the bar, went over to the billiards room, turned ESPN on the huge TV and shot pool for about an hour. While there, several staff members popped their heads into the room to make sure that I didn't need anything. I had numerous similarly pleasant exchanges with the bell staff, bar staff and cleaning staff while I was there. It's very rare to see such consistent, well-mannered behavior from a hotel staff.

The Granduca's convenience to nice restaurants and shops (particularly at Uptown Park) is a bonus, but really cannot be the feature reason for booking...after all, who wants to leave such a great place? By the way, if you decide to leave and you need to get someplace local like the Galleria, ask the staff if they will take you in the hotel car...much nicer than a cab!

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Granduca. We are thrilled you enjoyed all that Granduca has to offer. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Brenham, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel. This was my second time to stay here and it is my favorite hotel in Houston. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and loved how perfect the space was. The people working here could not be any friendlier or more helpful. Perfect location.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank MollyGracie
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to know this was your second visit to Granduca. We hope you will plan to return again soon. Our Sunday Brunch is amazing, if you happen to be in the area for the weekend.

FORT WORTH
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had the ultimate pleasure of staying at Hotel Granduca on our 5th wedding anniversary. My company had a one night's stay in a suite as a prize at our holiday party, which I won. We are already planning to stay at this hotel in the future. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The staff is very accommodating and extremely pleasant. They all go out of their way to make you feel very special.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are amazing.
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Hotel Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed your weekend with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very Sincerely
Malakoff, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Life is too short to stay at cheap hotels, so when I needed to attend a one day legal seminar at the Galleria in Houston, I went to Trip Advisor and found that the Hotel Granduca was the best luxury hotel in that area. I then went to Priceline and Bidding Traveler.com and purchased my room through the "name your own price" feature.
The hotel has a very pleasing Tuscan decor and the service was excellent throughout my brief stay. Check-in was a breeze. Its right inside the front door. The entire staff was helpful and attentive and the hotel is pet friendly. The key card to my room operates the elevator by merely waiving it in front of the reader. This is a great feature because it keeps non-guests away from the rooms. The card also opens the door to your room the same way. No more wasting time in the hallway trying to figure out which way the card goes in the slot.
I had a 825 sq. ft. Granduca Suite which had a living room/kitchenette and a separate bedroom/bathroom. The walls are earth tone Venetian plaster and the ceilings are supported by rough hewn wooden beams. Very Tuscan! The kitchenette had a microwave, small fridge and dishwasher and was separated from the living room by a bar with sink. The living room was spacious with a loveseat and 2 chairs facing a flat screen TV and opening on to a Juliet balcony. The only drawback was the loveseat does fold out into a bed so it can not be used for sleeping except by small children.
The bedroom was large with a kingsize bed facing a small flat screen TV. The walk-in closet was huge and the bathroom was travertine and granite with old world style fixtures. Overall, I was very pleased with the size and appearance of the room.
The problems were few but not insignificant. First, although the bed was very comfortable at first, I woke up around 4 am and my back was hurting. I discovered that the bed was not firm enough and that my body had created a dent in the mattress. Fortunately, I had the bed to myself so I moved to another part and was eventually able to resume my slumber. In my experience at staying at 5-star hotels, I was unaccustomed to this. Second, I had trouble using the single cup Keurig coffee/tea maker the next morning. I finally discovered the wide, short coffee cups stored in the cabinets did not fit inside the Keurig, which is made for tall, narrow cups. The machine will not work unless a cup fits entirely inside the indention. I finally fooled the machine by placing my hand over the indention and the cup on top of my hand, but soon found to my dismay that the cup was too small to hold the hot beverage being dispensed, which proceeded to run all over the granite countertop. Obviously, no one at the hotel had taken the time to make sure that the coffee cups were compatible with the coffee maker.
Other than these minor inconveniences, I had a very enjoyable stay. Breakfast in Cavour was excellent and the service was impeccable. I would have preferred to dine alfresco on the patio but was discouraged from doing so by the maitre d', who advised that service would be very slow if I did.
Overall, the Hotel Granduca may be the best luxury hotel in Houston but I believe it falls a little short when compared with 5-star hotels. I would have to give it a solid 4 1/2 stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry you encountered a few problems during your stay. It is our sincere quest to make certain your comments are addressed. We hope you will plan to visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We became acquainted with the hotel via the restaurant, Ristorante Cavour, which we love! But to stay at the hotel, is a luxious, mini-vacation in itself.The staff is exceptional, from the valet, to the front desk, restaurant team, etc. All seem to go out of their way to make you feel special, and to accommodate every need. The rooms are gorgeous and well-maintained (and quiet!). And we've consistently had great meals at Ristorante Cavour, including their recently expanded Sunday Brunch menu. Definitely, one of our favorite places to visit/enjoy a 'stay-cation'!

Room Tip: Suites are exceptional, with great amenities; and perfect for a romantic weekend!
Dear Guest

We are so delighted you enjoyed Granduca and Sunday Brunch at Cavour. It will be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back soon. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.