“Arthur C”

Hotel Granduca Houston
Ranked #2 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The hotel was recommended to me by a colleague and during our 3 day stay we used it to hold management meetings and as a base for our other activities. It is an excellent hotel with its own image. I used the restaurant and had buffet facilities for the meetings which produced very good food on every occasion. We had 30 people staying at the hotel and I have not received a single complaint or moan. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Arthur C
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Granduca.
We are delighted you enjoyed all that we have to offer and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Granduca Houston

Reviewed April 15, 2012

When traveling on business we try to find something a little different everywhere we go. This was a totally new experience. The location is great, with shopping and restaurants within walking distance...yes, walking distance. It isn't far from the Galleria, which I would skip next time we visit as it was nothing special. Anyway, I digress.
The Granduca had lovely rooms, great service, beautiful grounds. Our room had a small kitchen which we appreciated. One night we were coming in late from business meetings and the bar tender found us some cookies to take up with our night cap.

It's a bit pricy, but really comfortable. We took advantage of a 3 night special price.
We loved the big bathroom, but my only complaint was it was so big it should have had a rug on the beautiful tiled floors!

We hope to stay there again our next trip to Houston.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the inner courtyard and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I live in Houston and I have travelled to hotels all around the world and I must admit that comparatively speaking, Granduca can really hold its own. I was a guest for my birthday which happened to coincide with Easter weekend this year and it could not have been better. The room, while not my taste in decorations, was large, comfortable, and felt very homey. The staff assisted me in every request( I had a lot of them):including finding a car service to drive me to my birthday party at the last minute. I am extremely difficult to impress but Granduca managed to meet and exceed my expectations.

Room Tip: The Jr. Suite was very roomy and including a small kitchenette in case you want to whip up a couple...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Guest:

We are so delighted you had a memorable birthday with us last weekend. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We hope you will return to enjoy our fabulous Sunday brunch which is available each Sunday 11- 2pm; prosecco is with our compliments!

See you again soon...

Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I decided we needed to enjoy a great weekend and take a real from our busy life. I suggested we drive out of town but my wife said why spend time in the car, that takes away from our sitting by the pool. She had a point and I found a place that made our staycation the right cance. Hotel Granduca was a relaxing getaway, the cabana by the pool was great and it was very relaxing. The room had everything and exceeded our expectations. Our dinner was ony a few steps from our room in one of the best restaurants we have eaten at lately. If you live in the Houston area don't think about going out of town, go to the Granduca for a romantic getaway.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank nvrdullTX
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Guest:

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I live about 45 minutes north of Houston and wanted to go to dinner there. We did not want to drive home so we did a little investigating and discovered the delightful Hotel Granduca. It is located near the Galleria so lots of shopping and dining right around the corner. The rooms are very well appointed and the pool is really lovely. The cabanas are very comfortable for reading by the pool and having a cocktail. It is very quiet which we love. We went out to dinner and the hotel provided a car and driver for our drop off and pick up. We had a very enjoyable afternoon and night there and would return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Guest

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay at Granduca. We are just far enough away from The Woodlands to make a great get away for the weekend. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.
We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

If you're visiting Houston and want a wonderful hotel experience, you must stay here. The rooms are generous in size and the bathrooms are beautiful. The only minor annoyance was the little fridge was a little noisy. Great location across form the Uptown Mall that has several restaurants, bars and shops. In the Galleria area, easy to get to anywhere in Houston. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed being with us. It is a beautiful time to be in our city and enjoy shopping and dining across the way from the hotel. We all look forward to your return

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I live in Europe, and travel to Italy often. This hotel isn't in Italy, its in America. Its all phoney. It reminded me of Epcot.

I love America,and its got a great heritage, but what makes anyone think this is an"Italian hotel"

How is it? and so what if it was? The food was American (large portions, and not grown locally), the bill in US$ with a 20% tip required, the bell boy hassling you for a tip to move your bag 10 feet, so please tell me, what on earth has Italy got to do with this hotel?

Why not offer a great 5 star hotel, and drop the silly 'dressing up"

Room Tip: Anything cheaper than $500 it cost me
2  Thank steeneda
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. We hope you enjoyed our great city and that you will return again soon.