“Great place to stay”

Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook
Ranked #224 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited the area to have Thanksgiving with family. One of the family booked rooms for us here, and I have to say I was impressed. It is very nice, good for overnight stay as well as extended stays. Service was excellent and they do provide a true hot breakfast complimentary. The entire staff was friendly, did not pass a one that didn't say Hi, How is your stay, everything ok? With the rooms including the amenities for a longer stay (stove, fridge, microwave, etc.), you can't beat the price and be comfortable. Highly recommend and be sure to check out the online booking prices!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Bruce B, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, I'm so happy that we were able to be a part of your Thanksgiving and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been staying here for a week for work. The rooms are clean, fairly roomy, and the beds are very comfortable. I had to take one star away because they could use some updating, but it isn't that bad. They offer free wifi, have a little gym and swimming pool, are located on a golf course, on-site storage, laundry, and offer a free breakfast and social happy hour. The best thing I can say about them is the service. I would have probably shopped around next time in the area, but the front desk girl, Nina, was so accommodating that I will return just for her service. She helped me move into a better room hassle free and is a joy to see every afternoon. I would love to write more, but I am here for work, and that is what I must attend to. I just wanted to take a couple moments to make sure this hotel received its credit due.

Room Tip: Laundry is free....just bring your own detergent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such kind words. We are working on an "updating" plan by the way! We hope to have the opprotunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been this place in End of July and start of August 2 weeks. It's a pretty good Hotel. The room are clean and good. you have the kitchen and Huge Refrigerator. there are some small fast food place around the corner. but its close to willow brook mall. but you need a car to drive all these places. also there is a Golf place in neighbor hood. There is no Bar at this Hotel. The Breakfast is Nice.

Room Tip: If you wish to stay away from downtown and for any other business visit. then here you go.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great lobby, great breakfast, friendly hotel staff. Too bad my hotel room had so many issues (and I'm normally not bothered by "small things" at hotels). But this takes the cake.

1. No luggage rack - are you kidding me? I put my suitcase on the floor...
2. Stopper broken in shower - so I tilted it sideways so the water could exit the tub.
3. A/C unit not functioning properly - woke up in the middle of the night, sweating - set on "cool" but blowing room-temperature air.
4. Room phone didn't work when I tried to dial the front desk.
5. Internet passcode stopped working on day 3. Was planning on emailing from my room in the morning, but had to on my phone instead.
6. Floor 4 hallways reek of smoke - if you don't smoke, ask for levels 1-3. I was disgusted by how strong the smoking odor was in the hallway (and I'm not a smoker).

I think that's all. Clean place and great rooms/lobby, but these little things added up and led to an unenjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DJ B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear DJ B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I sincerely apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the AC unit in the room and the has been documented and the room amenities will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very nice place to stay. We liked everything about this place - location is peaceful and very safe, price is reasonable, staff is friendly and courteous, rooms are super comfortable and super clean, dining room downstairs is very cozy. Towels are awesomely absorbent, beds are great for a restful sleep.

We stayed at Marriott not so long ago, rooms looked very similar but Staybridge's cleanliness standards are much higher as well as their staff's friendliness. At Staybridge it feels like they really do their best to keep the place clean whereas at Marriott we did notice slack in terms of cleanliness ...

Areas to improve:

Definitely a suggestion to revise the dining table design in the room as it is absolutely impossible to use for eating and it looks really bad. Plus, the kitchen looks and feels too small because of it. If that ugly table weren't there, there would be more space in the kitchen area. The idea was to make a dining table that looks like a bar counter, but it turned out to be not so great in practice. So, unfortunately, the dining area in the room is not pretty and not so usable... The narrow coffee table by the wall is not a good idea either, not pretty and not functional, looks like a piece of a whole table actually.
We would love to see just a table in the middle of the dining area in the room with let's say a vase of flowers. That may go well with the style of wall paintings and dining room downstairs decorations. Just a suggestion...

Another suggestion - some real juice or organic free range eggs for breakfast. Jam without additives. Current junk juice is not so good, has high fructose corn syrup in it. It actually caused blood sugar rollercoaster later during the day. Not so pleasant. If real food is expensive for current budget, perhaps a separate buffet with healthier foods for additional charge can do the trick? It may attract more customers to you, actually.

Other than that, the place is great.
We would definitely stay there again. Thank you for providing a great service to travelers!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bruce B, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I may be a bit biased but I have to agree, I believe we have the greatest staff in Texas! I do hope you'll stay with us again soon if your travels bring you back to Houston.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. Service was excellent, breakfast was good. Location of hotl is hard to find
W/O a GPS . Biggest problem was that the rugs had an odor. A smell like the powder used to clean rugs in a house. My wife and two friends staying with us noticed it also.

Room Tip: Pet friendly so ask for a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Bruce B, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us however, I apologize for the cleaning odor you encountered. My suspicion is that is was most likely the cleaning solution used when we steam clean the carpets, which we do frequently or after a guest with pets has departed. Your suite must have been deep cleaned that same day as the odor from the steam cleaner typically dissipates within 24 hours. We can be a "challenge" to find without GPS sometimes, unfortunately Harris County will not allow up to erect a larger (taller) sign on the feeder road to Beltway-8, but we do enjoy our quiet setting away from the toll-road noise. I hope you'll stay with us again when your travels bring you to Houston.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the fourth time I'm staying here. I always had good experience. The hotel is clean, the rooms are large with comfortable single double bed, swimming pool, golf club and restaurant.
Internet is free and fast. The hotel is 40 minutes from the airport and 50 minutes from down town, depending on traffic. The staff is very friendly and you will have a decent breakfast in the morning. Coffee is good. Any time I came here we had free beers for happy hours between 18 and 19:30. That's is not gonna happen every day but at least 4/7. The hotel store is smal, but you can still find the necessary stuff to survive. There is a store about 2 minutes walking at the petrol station. If you play golf you got a nice club here. The restaurant is just nearby the golf club. The food is not so special, but at least it works in case you are tired and you prefer to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Bruce B, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Houston-Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, we really appreciate our guest and want you to see Staybridge Suites, Houston-Willowbrook as your home away from home during your time in Houston. I do hope that if your travels bring you back our way that you'll choose our hotel again.