“Great Hotel, nice location and big suites”

Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
Ranked #62 of 510 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Monterrey, Mexico
“Great Hotel, nice location and big suites”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I've stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in the Galleria area for 8 days in September 2010. Overall is a great hotel! Very, and i mean VERY clean, and that is the most important thing to me.

I stayed at a One Bedroom King suite, room 1302 and it is really Big! i had, a small kitchen, a big refrigerator, a living room with sofa bed and the beedrom of course with a bathroom.

Very nice view from the 13th floor looking at the Galleria mall, which by the way is whithin walking distance, you just have to cross the street.

With a very few minor details this could be my favorite hotel in Houston like:

* No wireless internet conection ( i had free wired internet, but it is very annoying because you cant move anywhere in your suite other than the table at the kitchen )... come on Homewood suites! even super 8 has a wireless internet! and by the way, a little faster internet conection would be great too, because the maximum speed i got was like 120KBs ... thats too slow in my opinion.

* 10 dlls per night, if you want to park at this hotel, you have to pay this fee (in my opinion, should be free and for guests only)

* Big old CRT TVs... once again, even super 8s has LCD tvs now a days (anyway i didnt watch Tv)

And thats it, only this 3 complians, everything else was superb! i really like the free hot breakfast every morning. Also i got the USA newspaper at my door everyday, the recepcionists at the front desk always gave me a smile everytime i walk by the lobby. And i want to make an special mention, to the nice lady at the breakfast area, she was very very nice and every time i asked for something she go inside the kitchen and bring me what i asked for, ...she was vey kind, and also, she speak spanish like me, that was a big plus for me :)

I really recommend this hotel, whether you are a solo traveler, or with a family, THIS IS THE PLACE YOU WANT TO BE when in Houston, Tx, because is really located in the center of all the action, rigth just in front of the Galleria mall.

Hope i will visit again this hotel by the end of this year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Jorge_Garza_Lomeli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2010

A clean room with nice amenities. Small kitchen. Quiet. A nice pool. A very basic buffet breakfast, both hot and cold. Parking garage is attached to the hotel. Friendly staff. Galleria mall is a block away with lots of restaurant choices and stores. Hotel is only a couple of years old and in good condition. It is everything you could ask for in a souless formula chain hotel, which is to say it gets the job done for the business traveler. The embassy suites is across the street and is much the same but has a nicer lobby. The area around the hotel is parking lots and concrete. No green space in sight. There are probably a hundred hotels in the Galleria area, the Omni riverway hotel remains my favorite, it is in a park like setting away from the hubbub and it has a more luxurious feeling.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JJH1
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This review is really a big THANK YOU to the management and staff at the Homewood Suites on Sage Road, near the Galleria in Houston.

I am from Nashville and, after being recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, sought treatment at M.D. Anderson in Houston. My first course of chemotherapy had to be performed there, which meant being away from home and staying in Houston for 21 days. Because of available Hilton hotel points, we chose this Homewood Suites. My family and I are so thankful that we did! We cannot say enough good things about this hotel! I realize competition is stiff in the area and because of the economy, which may account for all the great amenities, but those things don't account for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. There were little touches of kindness and neighborliness that you would only dream of seeing even in a 5-star hotel (and I've stayed in my share of those). The complimentary food buffets (with beer and wine) were well-made, with plenty of fresh food alternatives at breakfast and a good salad bar on most nights.

Let me just say this: IF YOU ARE AN OUT OF TOWN PATIENT AT M.D. ANDERSON, THIS IS THE BEST PLACE IN TOWN TO STAY. We found a fifteen-minute back-road route to the hospital for our almost daily commute, and never had any problems getting there for any appointment. Plus, on days when I felt well enough, the Galleria was within easy walking distance.

THANK YOU TO THE HOMEWOOD SUITES FOR RUNNING AN OUTSTANDING OPERATION AND HAVING SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE WORKING AT YOUR HOTEL!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank SteveNashville46
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed June 19, 2010

This was our second time in the past 2 years to stay here. The staff was exellent. The room comfortable and having the kitchen is such an added bonus. I read the review that talked about the parking garage. I asked upon checking in if this problem had been resolved and was told yes. We had no issues with any of our property the whole week we were there. If we have to go back to Houston at anytime this will be where we stay

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I discourage anyone from staying at Homewood Suites-Hilton, 2950 Sage Road, Houston, Texas. I checked into this hotel on December 18, 2009 with reservations for two (2) nights. Upon arrival, I was instructed to park my motor vehicle in the hotel parking garage. The parking garage is adjacent to the hotel and connected by a common elevator.

On December 19, 2009, my wife and I went to a pre-Christmas party at the home of my wife's parents.

When I returned to the parking garage with my nephew, I found that my vehicle had been burglarized. Specifically, the passenger door lock was damaged, the passenger window shattered and the contents in my vehicle were stolen.

I immediately contacted the hotel personnel. The hotel personnel allowed me to use the telephone to call the police and gave me a pair of latex gloves and a trash bag to clean up the glass.

Upon returning home I made a written request that the hotel reimburse me for my loss.

The hotel and their agents denied any liability and refused reimbursement to me for my actual damage.

Considering the fact that this hotel will not guarantee the safety of a customer's property while staying on its premises, I discourage anyone from staying with this establishment.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
WJDecker, Manager at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
We are sorry this awful situation occurred on our property since the safety of our guests is a top priority. Due to recent incidents occurring throughout the Houston area, we’ve implemented several increased security measures to continue to offer the best experience and peace of mind at Homewood.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Parking - Free
Breakfast - fairly crowded and not good. Fake eggs, lines for waffle maker, hit and miss sausage, only 2 types of fruit, bagels, toast, dry cereal, oatmeal, potatoes
TV - not flat screen
Internet - no wireless but network access is free by cord in room
Location - Superb (but so are all the other Uptown hotels)
Good service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DPBonfire
Buda, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Stayed only one night for a cheerleading competition at Reliant Arena. Arrived around 4:30 on Friday afternoon (11/20). The rooms were super clean and comfy. The beds were so comfortable. We all slept great. The breakfast was really good. My only regret was we were there only until early morning. We checked out at 7:30 am, wished we could have returned to the hotel after the competition and relaxed. The hotel is within walking distance from the Galleria. We shopped Friday evening and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family