I've stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in the Galleria area for 8 days in September 2010. Overall is a great hotel! Very, and i mean VERY clean, and that is the most important thing to me.
I stayed at a One Bedroom King suite, room 1302 and it is really Big! i had, a small kitchen, a big refrigerator, a living room with sofa bed and the beedrom of course with a bathroom.
Very nice view from the 13th floor looking at the Galleria mall, which by the way is whithin walking distance, you just have to cross the street.
With a very few minor details this could be my favorite hotel in Houston like:
* No wireless internet conection ( i had free wired internet, but it is very annoying because you cant move anywhere in your suite other than the table at the kitchen )... come on Homewood suites! even super 8 has a wireless internet! and by the way, a little faster internet conection would be great too, because the maximum speed i got was like 120KBs ... thats too slow in my opinion.
* 10 dlls per night, if you want to park at this hotel, you have to pay this fee (in my opinion, should be free and for guests only)
* Big old CRT TVs... once again, even super 8s has LCD tvs now a days (anyway i didnt watch Tv)
And thats it, only this 3 complians, everything else was superb! i really like the free hot breakfast every morning. Also i got the USA newspaper at my door everyday, the recepcionists at the front desk always gave me a smile everytime i walk by the lobby. And i want to make an special mention, to the nice lady at the breakfast area, she was very very nice and every time i asked for something she go inside the kitchen and bring me what i asked for, ...she was vey kind, and also, she speak spanish like me, that was a big plus for me :)
I really recommend this hotel, whether you are a solo traveler, or with a family, THIS IS THE PLACE YOU WANT TO BE when in Houston, Tx, because is really located in the center of all the action, rigth just in front of the Galleria mall.
Hope i will visit again this hotel by the end of this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in the heart of the Galleria and provides luxurious accommodations for weekend travelers and long term visitors. The Houston Galleria Mall is only steps from our front door and boasts three buildings, three stories each of world class shopping, casual dining, and indoor ice-skating rink. The Galleria area is also home to world renowned dinning and night life. These amenities combine to create a year round destination for family vacations, romantic getaways, shopping excursions, or sight-seeing with friends.We are an all-suite hotel providing separate living, kitchen, and bedroom areas for all of our rooms. All of our rooms are furnished with stove tops, microwaves, refrigerators, dishwashers, kitchen supplies and pull out sofas. We offer one-bedroom or studio suites to accommodate all room preferences. The suites also provided a separate vanity area from the bathroom to provide convince for families and couples.Homewood Suites is pleased to offer a rotating hot breakfast buffet each morning to our guest as well as "Dinner and Drinks" Monday through Thursday evening. Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, fitness facility, BBQ area, and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Houston Near The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Homewood Houston
- Houston Homewood Suites