“Always a Pleasure and Would Highly Recommend!”

Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
Ranked #62 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houma, United States
“Always a Pleasure and Would Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times when traveling to Houston for trips to my corporate office. This Hotel NEVER disappoints. Their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee always holds true and they employ a staff that makes this Guarantee so easy to carry out. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting the Houston Area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our property, Dawn B! We love comments like yours, because they assure our staff that we are carrying out our mission. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again in your future travels to Houston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Gonzales, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location in Houston. You are centrally located to most things in the city. Most of all, it is walking distance to the Galleria Mall. A big plus is that the hotel is very well kept with a friendly staff. Only me and my husband stayed in the room, but it put us close to our daughter in the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We certainly appreciate positive comments, like yours, Avis G! I am so happy to hear that we could provide a well kept, friendly atmosphere for you, while away in Houston visiting your daughter. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that next time you visit your daughter, our hotel is your "home away from home."
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The room was a living room with kitchen & a king bedroom separated from the living area. Pull out sofa bed, decent bathroom. Front desk was nice. The room was quiet (11th floor), parking was a parking garage, $7, breakfast was good, (fake) scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffle makers, pastries, bagels, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, water, milks. Nice seating area. Bedding was comfortable. You could rent new release movies($17). We stayed with 5 people, 2 adults & 3 kids ages 2-9 and we were very happy with our stay. We didn't use the store in the lobby. We asked for delivery menus and they brought several to the room, we ordered from pizza fino, which I do NOT recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your positive, informative review, 5SRanch! I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay, and that you enjoyed the room, breakfast, and staff! The daily, complimentary breakfast in the Lodge is always a nice, added bonus! Next time, if you stay anywhere between a Monday and Thursday night, you should check out our complimentary Manager's Reception as well, from 5:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M., which includes a variety of different items. All the added conveniences that you mentioned, along with a helpful, friendly staff, hopefully made you and your family feel as if you were in a "home away from home," which is what our property strives to provide for every guest! Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in your future travels!
Akumal, Mexico
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We made a family trip to Houston to visit relatives. Not wanting to invade an already crowded house, we looked for accommodations with small kitchen in a nice neighborhood. The morning and evening food offered to guests is well above average. The staff was excellent. The entrance off of Sage Road is easy to miss, as it seems you are going into a alley to get to the entrance. There are a good number of restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, SteveinKauai! I’m glad that you found a home away from home, while visiting relatives in the Houston area and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast, along with dinner and beverages every Monday-Thursday! I apologize for the tight space in the galleria area, but I’m happy you found our property, as while it is tucked away, it is very conveniently located near the Galleria, and many restaurants within walking distance. Next time you visit relatives, we hope to welcome you back to our property!
Austin, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was near to our office and although it was a bit difficult to find, it was well worth the trip. The staff was very welcoming and professional. The rooms were a bit dated but clean. You could go straight from your room to your call without having to go through the lobby and the complimentary breakfast/dinner was adequate. The location is very near the Galleria as well as other retail stores and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property, Mark D! I am so glad to hear that the staff was very welcoming and professional during your business trip! We want all of our guests to feel as if this is their home away from home, and it sounds like we created that atmosphere for you. You mentioned that the rooms were a bit dated. I want to let you know that we are very excited to be receiving a renovation in the upcoming months! If you do happen to be visiting us again during that time, we will make sure that you do not incur any inconveniences due to this update. I’m happy to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast every morning, along with the dinner with drinks Monday-Thurs. I agree that the location of the hotel is very convenient, located within walking distance to the Galleria and many shops and restaurants. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you in any future travels!
Atlanta
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed in Kimpton, Indigo, 4 Season, and Raffle hotels.... This Homewood Suites treated like I was in a luxury hotel!!!

Simply OUTSTANDING service and very personalized to my needs.

It is still a Homewood Suites with a small kitchenette. But I am a member of the Hilton club ....I needed up on the 14th floor (top floor) with a simply HUGE room with a kitchen table, desk, sofa with ottoman, flat screen TV, chest of drawers, and a great bathroom...

and it was a HECK of a lot less than Raffles... and I still love my Raffle hotels too...but why pay more when you don't have to pay more! I got a great rate right on the Hilton website...

In case you are wondering ... no I don't work for them...just had a great experience.

BTW did I mention the great staff!! Friendly and called to make sure the room was ok about 15 minutes after I checked-in.

Good food too for breakfast......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive, informative review, atlcycle! I was very excited to read your comments and pleased to hear that you were treated so well by our outstanding staff! All of our rooms are suites and I am glad that we were able to accommodate your every need, including the good, complimentary breakfast served every morning! Creating a great experience for every guest is definitely a priority here. I will make sure to share this review with all of our staff and hope to see you again in your future travels!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Myself and my family stayed here for a week while we organized permanent accommodations. The staff were very nice and we recommend the suites to anyone with a family for a short stay. Short walk to Galleria mall and a few places to eat nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review, Patrick! I am so happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and your family while you were finding permanent accommodations! I hope you are enjoying Houston! Our location, I agree, is very convenient, as it is just a short walk to the Galleria and many options for food. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your recommendation!