Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
$133
TributePortfolio
$169
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast and dinnerbedroom suiteindoor poolwalking distancehome away from homefront desk staffliving areathe breakfast areayogurtdefinitely stay here againconvenient locationfitness centerbusiness tripgaragedishwasherwalgreenskitchenette
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Awesome beds. Very Clean. Wonderful staff from front test to anyone you see. Very helpful for dinner suggestions. Parking on site. Pool clean and hottub clean and warm. Breakfast OK. Location convenient to resturants and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing about your experience at our property, Kcras! Our team will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I am delighted to learn you enjoyed man of the amenities we have to offer. I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This Homewood Suites is on the west side of Houston just across the street from the Galleria Mall - a huge upscale shopping mall. It's only about a 15 minute drive to downtown; add lots of time if the traffic is slow which it usually is in Houston. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights; we used to live in this part of town about 25 years ago, so we know the area well.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was acceptable. I think I paid $109 per night, so this was a very good deal for a suite. The kitchen had a full-size fridge, a stove and microwave.

We dined at three excellent eateries while staying here. Bubba's Texas Burger Shack is about one mile south on Sage Road at Westpark Blvd. It's a rustic roadside shack that serves outstanding buffalo burgers and cold beer. It's been around for about 25 years. The El Tiempo Cantina about 2 miles east on Richmond Avenue serves some of the best Tex-Mex meals you can find in the entire Southwest. The Goode Company on KIrby Drive just south of Hwy 59 about 4 miles east of the hotel serves excellent barbecue. It's all about the smoked meat.

We didn't stay at the Homewood Suites just to eat at the terrific restaurants, but we know where the locals go when the get hungry.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ordeal_seeker
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you Ordeal_seeker, for sharing about your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit in Houston. As a former Houston resident, it is wonderful the insight you are able to share about the attractions in the area as well as the restaurants nearby. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Houston and our property on your next visit!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This location provided answers and a friendly atmosphere on our first trip to Houston arae. The staff is extremely helpful and very positive. Facility was excellent in all ways. Extra laurels to service staff manning breakfast area and several of their front staff. Location near Galleria allows walking to mall.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gene K
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Gene, thank you for sharing about your recent stay at our property! I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast served daily as well as our convenient location near the Galleria Mall. Our team hopes we have the opportunity to welcome you "home" on your next trip to Houston!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

From the second I got to reception I received an unparalleled level of service. What really sets this hotel out from any other are the team of people working here to make your stay the best possible experience. The reception staff, management, housekeeping, restaurant staff were all fantastic people who deliberately went out of their way to help in any way whatsoever. I was made to feel valued, appreciated and respected and I cannot rate the staff highly enough, they really have the 'WOW' factor. The hotel itself is very nice, a very clean place with simple decor and overall a very comfortable atmosphere. I also can't stress enough how well looked after this place is, the hotel is extremely clean, the suite was large and very comfortable, the amenities in the room and hotel were also very good and kept to a high standard. I spent 5 weeks here and they were a very comfortable relaxing 5 weeks considering I was working. Thank you to everyone at the homewood suites galleria for your hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jamie C
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing about our property,Jamie C! It was a pleasure having you as part of our Homewood Family during your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and the wonderful amenities our property has to offer, including complimentary breakfast served daily and dinner served Monday through Thursday. While I am sure you are happy to be home after such a long business trip, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again when you return to Houston!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went with my family and we got a great surprise with this hotel, the rooms were newer than the embassy across the Street and the Price 50% less. The breakfeast was nice and even they dont have restaurant you have many in the same block. The kitchen and fridge always a plus when travelling with kids and babies. The front desk was very helpfull, the only dissapontment is that they couldnt recommend us some attractions.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank luchita80
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Luchita80, thank you for taking a few moments to share about the experience you and your family had at our property! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, especially the full kitchen. Although, the Galleria Mall is one of the only attractions within walking distance of our hotel, I hope we will have the opportunity to host you on your next trip to Houston!!