Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast and dinnerbedroom suiteindoor poolwalking distancehome away from homefront desk staffliving areathe breakfast areayogurtdefinitely stay here againconvenient locationfitness centerbusiness tripgaragedishwasherwalgreenskitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 3 months. It is probably the best Homewood Suites you will ever find, being a high rise, concrete construction. Almost every room is quiet and despite its size, the breakfast and evening receptions seem to be able to handle the load. The pool is small but indoor and heated! The front desk service is always impeccable and really make you feel welcome, however, if there is something small that can be improved, they don't seem to be able to go out of their way to resolve. Example: In the fitness room, all they have/had is an old manual scale, while even lower end Homewood Suites have a full size medical scale. I suggested getting a cheap digital scale at least and was told they would look into it but it was never addressed after inquiring a couple times over a few weeks. I saw a stack of them on sale for $10 at the Walgreens two blocks away and almost bought one to donate to them! hah. Just a small thing, but there are other examples like that where they can do a little thing above and beyond. Beware that they have recently stopped participating in the Hilton Honors point promotions. This list can be found in a link in the small print in the promotions, so if you are a Hilton Honors member you need to think twice about staying here as you will not get the point bonuses you may expect. Also, beware the parking fee! I think long term stays don't have to worry about it, but you need to inquire.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee V
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am happy to hear that your enjoyed your time with us and apologize for the confusion regarding Hilton Point Programs. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our suite was very comfortable and clean, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the location couldn't have been better. The hot breakfast was great both days we stayed and was a great value for our family. Sarah Hall, who works at the front desk was beyond helpful. She went as far as looking up menus to local restaurants online and even calling to see if they offered vegetarian options for us. When we finally decided where we should go, she walked us to the exit and gave us directions to make it as easy as possible. Our overall experience was fantastic and I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share about your visit to our property. I am happy to hear she was able to help you and your family. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

As if the hotel isnt already good, they also have a great breakfast, snacks and beers in the early evening all built into the price! I dont know how else to describe this hotel but perfect for us travellers who needed a hotel smack downtown and with a big room with no need to go out for breakfast nor dinner if you are still full!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am delighted to hear that your accommodations were what you expected and more. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the hotel one night and brought a guest with me from a local bar. I checked out as usual the speedy check out went to the airport and the young lady which was there told them I was fiance and they allowed her to stay another 6 days and charged this to my credit card.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad C
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Chad,

I would like to extend our deepest apologies for the confusion regarding billing for your stay. We strive to provide the best service possible for our guest and unfortunately we too were misled. I have been informed my assistant general manager is working to assist you personally and is available at your convenience.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

One my first trip to Houston, I stayed at the Residence Inn down the street and was severely disappointed. Then because of a travel glitch, I ended up staying in a Hilton property right next to the freeway and a famous strip club. Needless to say, since my next business trip would be an extended stay, I did my research and picked the only place with consistent great reviews on Trip Advisor. All I can say is that this is a business/family friendly hotel with top-notch staff, amenities, location, and rooms. My co-workers and I pay a premium for staying at this hotel, but given the benefits, it's worth every penny.

Room Tip: High floor facing away from construction.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.