“Good hotel...not so great breakfast.”

Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
Ranked #55 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room was comfortable. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly. The location was great if you want the Galleria location. We were comfortable there with our family of 5. The only downer was the breakfast which was close to inedible. I'm glad I took a bite of the eggs before I fussed at my daughter for being too picky. Outside of that though the stay was quite fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I apologize for the quality of breakfast that you experienced and want to ensure you we appreciate your thoughts and will take them into account to improve each guest experience at our property. We hope to have another chance to make a positive impression on you and your family.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The people at the front desk was great. The breakfast was GREAT! everything you could think of that you need for breakfast they had it. The room was nice and clean. The pool was nice and clean as well as the hot tub. The area is great if you need to be by the Galleria. I will be sure to stay here everytime I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kbee19
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff here is very friendly. They knew my name and welcomed us coming and going. The breakfasts and dinners were great. They just don't offer you a happy hour - it's a full dinner: codfish, pasta, chicken, etc. Plus, it's supposed to be over at 7:30pm, but they don't put everything away at 7:29pm. Guests who wandered in at 7:50 found something to eat. Very generous.
The rooms were clean and new. The kitchen was a bit small and not enough bowls and utensils for a longer stay that we had (3 weeks). The workout room was good and the pool is clean.
The Manager called me though, 5 days into our visit and asked me to switch rooms for a couple of days so they could do their quarterly maintenance on my room. That's nice that they service the rooms to keep them looking nice, but we came from an International location with 4 suitcases and and since we were staying for 3 weeks, we spread ourselves out in the room and had made it our "home." To pack up and move for a few days, my daughter and I would've been extremely inconvenienced. I explained this to the manager and after negotiating what they could do, they finally settled on doing a minor service on our room for 3 hours during a Monday morning when we were out anyway. I'm glad that was resolved, but someone should've not put us in that room for 3 weeks if it needed servicing so soon after our arrival.
I would still recommend this hotel. Just make sure you don't get settled in a room that's due for servicing.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not due to be serviced/cleaned/fumigated while you're there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and can assure you that we have implemented processes to avoid the situation in the future. I thank you again for all of your kind words. It was our pleasure to accommodate you on your visit to Houston and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The location and service at this Homewood Suites is second to none. Staying at the hotel for over 3 months, I was impressed with the staff and quality of my stay. I will highly recommend this location to anyone planning on staying in the Galleria area. The staff is always welcoming and will go out of their way to insure your stay is pleasant, especially Ms. Shreth. The morning breakfast and afternoon manager's meal are always tasty. Housekeeping keeps the rooms nice and clean. All in all, this is an idea place to relax if staying in the Houston Galleria area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JourneyJRB
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. It was a pleasure providing your "home away from home" experience and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I like to be greated with a smile. That is what I received as I walked in. Very respectful, check in was a breeze. Very Helpul Staff.

Even going up the elevator with the employees was a good experience.
I will definitely stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: On a business trip always look for a hotel with lage rooms. It makes your stay very easy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are grateful for the kind words and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great service and awesome location, my expirience has always met the excellence at this property, i will highly suggest it.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank mvelasco
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our property. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had a block of several rooms for a wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming, considerate & responsive. The location is good and the rooms were clean. The housekeeping staff even created sculptures out of the towels. The daily free breakfast was good. My only complaints would be the parking charge and the unusual access to the parking garage. The garage entry is on an incline and you must take 2 elevators to access your room from the garage, while only one elevator to access the garage from your room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank G-slim
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of your stay at our property. Congratulations to you and your family! We appreciate the opportunity to improve through customer opinions, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.