“Nice place, but watch your pocketbook!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scott Gertner's Skybar & Grille
Mesquite (Dallas), TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice place, but watch your pocketbook!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hubby and I came here last Friday night to enjoy a nice night out together and was thoroughly impressed with the setup of this place. Located in downtown Houston, it was easy to find. No parking was available that we could find, so we had to valet ($10), which was not a big deal. The actual club itself is located on the 3rd floor in what looks like an open mall with the roof missing, and bc it was warm outside that was not a problem, in fact it was quiet pretty being able to see the stars. To get it in, was $20 a piece; not sure if it was bc Slick Rick was there that night or if that was the going rate, either way we paid. Once inside, the place was packed. There are sitting area's but if you don't get there early or you didn't pay for a table you will be standing. The dance floor is a nice size though and if there is an act there, no matte where you stand you should get a good view. The few people we met were very friendly, which made it more pleasant, however my problem is with the bar, bartenders. First off the drinks were soooooooooooo weak, for the price they were selling them for (i.e. cranerry/vodka, $10, shot of vodka, $9). Now my drink tab, which I still have the receipt for, came to $35and I paid with my card, but when I checked my account, they, meaning the bartender/establishment or whoever, charged my account $75, so now I am having to dispute the charges with my bank to get the money refunded. No needless to say what started out as an enjoyable night has turned me sour on this place. So word to the wise, if you go, pay only with cash!!!!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank cjohnson08

Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Nice Evening Out”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Okay went to this place Saturday night, live music and DJ, we got there after 11pm and everyone has to pay a $20 cover charge before 11pm ladies are free. If you like R&B, Hip Hop this is your place if you want to avoid the under 30s, the crowd is a mixture of younger and mature. The one problem I have, there is really no designated dance floor; people just danced where they stood because the reserved tables took up so much room. I found that a bit weird and no real seating to speak of. They have a strict dress code policy but I saw men come in with sneakers and jeans that was a surprise because so much emphasis was placed on the dress code everywhere. Valet parking cost me $10 since it was my first time and I had no idea where I was going, I chose to valet. I can't tell you how much drinks cost because my friend and I are two ladies and as soon as we ordered drinks someone paid.

All in all I would recommend, going back again Saturday night as we were invited by some nice people. My feet still hurt from dancing so that is a sure sign that fun was had by this reviewer.

Please note, this place is no longer on Montrose, it's now at the Pavillion on Fannin on the 3rd floor.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Versailles2011
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Saturday out with friends”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The layout of this nightclub was enjoyable and gives off a classy upscale feel. I had great time and would go back

Visited February 2013
TX
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Tired look, overprice drinks”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I first went to the Skybar back in the '80s as a single person. The scene was lively, lots of youngish, upwardly mobile people. Fast forward to 2009, I went to the Skybar. It has the same decor, which now looks tired and faded. The parking situation remains bad. The drinks are extremely expensive considering the ambience. There's a line to get in, and the small elevators can only carry a few people at a time. Why go here? There are lots of wonderful bars and venues in Houston. Skybar is not a place I would choose.

3 Thank UpNOut