“Fantastic Price, with everything I needed”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #38 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic Price, with everything I needed”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed here for the weekend recently, while the bf was in town just for a little staycation. This is the second time I have stayed here, before I moved back to Houston, and it just keeps getting better and better. We scored an AWESOME rate for the weekend at $50.00 a night (thank you priceline!) for a standard king room. The lcoation is PERFECT for out of town guests, you can walk to many places to eat, and the galleria. Parking is FREE--and its a safe area. The rooms are simple painted in blues with a true beachy feel, and the beds are super duper soft. The AC is the only gripe, which is a bit loud, and the rooms have a stand up shower which is open and can get a little chilly. They have free Wi Fi, and all cable channels with a mini fridge for your leftovers from all the great places to eat nearby. Service was fantastic, and everyone was really friendly. On friday night after going out for my boss's birthday we went and sat at the bar to end up meeting an actor from Washington DC that was in town visiting to watch his grandsons football game at KinKaid. he had been married for 45 years, and told his lovestory to us over a great glass of wine. The bartender was helpful, and my boyfriend has bnreakfast on Friday morning, while I headed to work which he said was very good. The only other drawback was no pool, but for $50 could I really complain? Great place to stay if you have family in town, a large group, or just for a little r and r. Will be back!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The basic idea of the hotel is good - bright, modern, relatively large rooms. The execution is poor. Sloppy paint and blinds that don't fit the windows. Our biggest complaint was how noisy the AC was. We were awakened every 20 minutes when the unit cycled on throughout the night. The second night we turned the AC off but then didn't sleep well because it got too warm. I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer. Upon check-in, we were also notified there would be a $75 early departure fee so were stuck. Front desk customer service was poor. We will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Primus09
The Woodlands, TX
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I loved this hotel. I am actually a little sad that we were only booked to stay one night. We live in Houston (the city is so big sometimes it is easier to find a place to stay on that certain side of town) and were going down to the Gelleria area for a conference. My husband and I decided to stay here because the price was AMAZING for this area of houston.

The hotel was so cute and quiet. I loved the rooms. The beds were super comfortable (we like a semi-firm beds). The blinds in the room did let in a bit to much light, but I never heard my neighbors or the cars outside.

I would love to go back and enjoy the night life of the galleria area. Outstanding stay. The next night a friend was in town and in the galleria area and I told her to go stay at this hotel. They got the same amazing price and enjoyed their stay as much as we did!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This was our second stay at the Hotel Indigo. We selected this hotel based on location, price, and comfort, and were not disappointed! The front desk staff were very friendly (much improved from our last stay). The room was clean, and had nice amenities (Aveda toiletries!). Parking was free, and there were plenty of spaces. We utilized the business center, which was well appointed and in good working order. We asked for a small fridge, and they were able to get one for us, however, it did not cool too well. The only slight complaint was the AC..seemed to cycle somewhat infrequently, so it would get a little too warm before the air kicked on, and it was noisey. No a big problem, though, and we will definately be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Stayed here a couple of times for business. Chose this hotel due to location for business and proximity to Galleria.

Rooms: Very nice, bright, spacious and well appointed. Out of all the hotels in the Galleria area, this one is by far my favorite. The rooms are so bright and different than the standard hotel rooms you see around. Also very clean. Please see my pictures.

Location: Right next to the Galleria. Free parking space outside.

Breakfast: There is no breakfast buffet, but a small restaurant where you can order freshly made breakfast and juice and coffee. A bit different, but compared to other hotels in the USA, definately a bonus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
HotelIndigoHouston, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Thank you for going out of your way to post a review and pictures of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. When someone says "Out of all of the hotels in the Galleria Area, this one is, by far, my favorite" - it lets us know that we are putting our efforts into what our Guests, like you, consider to be important in the hotels they choose. We are glad to have delivered the Hotel Experience you look for.

We are glad to be your home away from home when you travel to Houston, and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for sharing your opinion of Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This hotel was a nice change of pace! We stayed here one night after attending a concert in town during the week and didn't want to drive the 40 miles home late at night...plus it was close to work so my S.O. could sleep in a bit the next morning. I checked in on a Thrusday afternoon, close to 4pm. The free parking was nice and I didn't have any trouble finding a space. The lady at the front desk checked me in promptly and was very friendly. The lobby is decorated with bright blues, greens and white...really different, but I really liked it. I went up the the 5th floor and my key didn't work. Luckily, housekeeping was in the hall and noticed I was having trouble. She radioed the front desk to ask if it was ok to let me in, they said yes and were up to my room with a new key in less than 2 minutes! The room I booked (through Priceline for $45 a night!!!!!) was a standard room with 1 King bed. The entry way was nice and spacious with one closet and a nice long countertop/bar with coffee maker and mini-fridge and a sink. The entrance to the bathroom was in this area as well. I really liked the bathroom...very clean and spacious. The shower was big too and was a walk-in with no door...pretty cool...and I didn't have any problems with water getting out of the shower onto the floor. The rest of the room was nice...love the unexpected decor. There was a good sized desk, wonderfully comfy King bed, small chair with ottoman, bench, and an armoire with hanging space, drawers and a TV. The TV was kind of small and a little older, but I didn't have a problem with that...it worked fine. My one and only complaunt with the room was the A/C unit...unusually loud! It didn't keep me from sleeping since it ended up being a constant "white noise" but got rather annoying the next morning when I was up watching TV and trying to relax before it was time to leave. It would make me think twice about staying here again for an extended period of time. As far as hotel services...when we came in late from the concert the bar was still open so we bought a bottle of water and a muffin to snack on. The muffin was a little dry and crumbly, but the two guys working down there were super frinedly and fun to talk with for a few minutes. We ordered room service the next morning for breakfast and it was delivered promptly in a cute picnic basket. Everything seemed fresh and tasted really good. What I loved was that the food prices for room service were no different from what they were if you dined in the cafe. That was nice! When it was time to leave, I stopped at the front desk to check out and pay the balance...it was quick and the desk attendant was friendly. All in all, I'd definitely stay at this hotel again for a quick over-nighter. Any longer than that and I'd think twice because of the noisy a/c....if that was corrected it would be PERFECT!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cripey
Thank you for sharing such thorough review of your experience at our Hotel. I'm sure other Trip Advisor members will find it useful as you have taken your time to share your thoughts of so many aspects of our hotel.

At Hotel Indigo, we strive to offer an experience that is quite different than the "Beige Box" offered by our competitors. We want your experience with us to be "Out of the Blue" - not just in the decor - but through your interaction with our staff as well. We don't want to be beige.

From our Location to our cheerful and uplifting lobby decor - from attentive staff members helping with the door while verifying it was your room to the staff member quickly resolving the key that didn't work - from the "super friendly" bar staff to our unique Room Service delivery - it looks like we delivered the type of hotel experience that you appreciate.

Thank You for taking the time to post your about your experience - and we can't wait to have the opportunity for you to be our guest again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I am so torn about this place because it was so bizarre, but I can tell you that the bad outweighs the good. I arrived late in the evening, tired, and was ignored for a while even though 2 ladies stood at the counter 2 feet from me having a conversation. When 1 of them finally looked up and addressed me, she was aloof and borderline rude. She got us checked in and after a series of questions I finally had the vital info you need when ckg in to a hotel, which basically was: no free breakfast, no pool, but there is a restaurant on site. Great! I'm hungry. Well, sorry, but we're closed, and even though the counter of the restaurant was 15 feet away and the case was packed with granola, muffins, and other snacks, she would not open it and give us a little something to eat. Hmmm... bad first impression.

However, the outside architecture was really nice and the lobby was a colorful, chic boutique-looking place that was light, airy and happy, so I was hopeful. Went up to the room and one key didn't work but thankfully the second did. No big deal. Opened the door and was confused. As you walk in, to the left, is a "kitchen" looking place with a 10' X 10' kitchen area with counters and cabinets on 3 sides, but there is no kitchen stuff except for your typical mini-fridge and a miniature coffee pot. Looking to the right of the hotel room is a desk, lamp and free internet. Cool. Straight ahead is a couch, a foot stool, a lounge chair and TV which make up a living room. Not plush and not overly comfortable, but a separate room from the bedroom, bath and "kitchen", so thats cool.

Then you walk on thru and there is a bedroom with an on-suite bathroom. The bedroom is what I would consider perfect, with the exception of the old TV. The bed is to die for, as is the bedding. The bathroom was cute and it had Aveda products, so that's definitely a bonus. The drawback to the bathroom -- the shower is unacceptable. It is only a shower, and the shower head is insufficient. Also, there is only one door and it is stationary, so it does not contain the water sufficiently from the shower. (my guess is that's why the shower head is purposely limited).

There is ALOT of wasted space in the room, and in the hotel for that matter, and my family members and I couldn't help ourselves from spending the next few days visually gutting the room and rehabbing it to maximize the amazing amount of space. That was fun and kept us entertained! lol..

Anyhow, will I be back. No. The nail in the coffin was food that I ordered the following night from the restaurant was inedible - greasy, nasty, low-quality garbage. And it was very high priced garbage I might add. I really just wanted to take it back and say thanks, but no thanks, but by then I had decided I was done with the Hotel Indigo and it wasn't worth dealing with the folks at the front desk or the restaurant any further.

I must admit, however, that if you are in Houston to shop til you drop at the Galleria, you can't beat the location without paying the really big bucks at the Westin. And the rooms were indeed quiet and spacious.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family