All reviews aveda toiletries galleria mall hardwood floors walk in shower mini fridge walking distance large bathroom location is great air conditioner coffee maker business trip bed was very comfortable front desk staff nordstrom hidalgo ihg sink
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. It’s our new favorite. It’s wonderful to be next door to the Galleria. We walked right next door. We booked two rooms and were there for medical care. Unfortunately, there are no connecting rooms. There is no hospital shuttle but you are a 10 minute Uber away. The bedding and decor is great. We were given corner rooms. It was perfect. We had a toddler and she really enjoyed her stay as well. We were treated very nice. We added the breakfast to our stay and it was worth it. The breakfast is outstanding!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2018

This hotel blew my mind. Not in a good way.

I have no idea what mind-altering substances the designers were on when they put this property together, but I really hope they had fun because the end result of this makes no sense to me.

First, the staff is impeccable. Friendly, attentive and everything you want in a hotel staff. The room, however; well...you'll see.

Let's start with the "kitchen". I see a refrigerator (good start!). Except the refrigerator is on *top* of the counter (okay, it's an apartment-sized fridge. I get it). Except it is in the middle of the counter. Okayyyyyy..... And we have a sink. Cool! But no dish rag, sponge, paper towel or anything to wipe, well, anything. It's fine - we will just open one of the 9 cabinets below. Except they are empty. Completely. I guess I just don't understand the trouble of a sink and a refrigerator and a metric ton of cabinets that have the trappings of a kitchen, without adding any actual usefulness.

There is a closet near the kitchen where you'll find the ironing board. And a floor. Because there is no closet rod or even a hook on which to hang anything.

Into the bathroom. The door of the bathroom and bedroom literally smack into each other. Like, not enough clearance for both doors to operate simultaneously. To me, this isn't just poor design. This is pure laziness.

Time to check out the shower - a bowling-alley-esque space! What would make sense, though would be for the shower head to be on the opposite wall of the door which would allow you to do lunges as you shower (if you are a lunging kind of person). Nope. The shower head is mounted on the side. Which restricts your movements to just a few feet forward before your (my) personal parts are pressed up against a wall.

This hotel was recently remodeled and I can tell they were going for a cool, mod vibe. It looks trendy. But only if you don't look closely. The cabinets were cheap and cracked. The floor moldings were an unpainted afterthought (if they existed at all).

Positives? The location was convenient. The hotel was quiet. And the staff was lovely. When asked how I liked the room I relayed my confusion as to why there was no microwave in the "kitchen". They delivered one within minutes. Of course, I couldn't open the microwave door all the way because it would rub against the top of the counter. Sigh....

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be an elitist. But if you are toting yourself as a "quality" brand, then demonstrate it. Half-baked (literally) construction, cheap materials, inconvenient details just make it look thoughtless. I'd rather have utility over design (if I have to choose at all). Using budget materials is completely understandable. But don't pretend it is high-quality when it isn't. Plus, it shouldn't be up to the staff to make up for things they have no control over.

There is no real reason NOT to stay here. It was convenient and comfortable. I just wish I could have had as much fun as those drunken contractors obviously did.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1saabstory
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We arrived and were greeted by Jackie, she was amazing. She assisted us and within a few minutes we were on the way to our room. We had several family groups and it was easy to find everyone. One group were traveling with the family's youngest member who happens to be a terrier. The hotel is vibrant, beautiful, clean,and friendly to the whole family including pets. The bar was great, not somewhere we normally hang out but the atmosphere and staff were inviting and wonderful. Do not just walk by the Gardenias at the entrance,they invite you to relax before you get in the door. The Galleria is less than a block away if you enter on Hidalgo. We requested a microwave and Patricia was there all smiles in a few minutes. No worries Great fun.

Room tip: We had corner suite and it was quiet and spacious.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Regina L
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The location is great for visiting the Galleria and Lakeview Church. Every member of the staff we encountered was gracious and accommodating. The room was a comfortable size and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size as well. Hats off to Stefanie at the front desk who went out of her way to may sure our stay was enjoyable.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Jackie V, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We really appreciate your rating & comments.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2018

First time staying here and i’m in love, the decor is so pretty, the front desk lady was very nice and helpful and my stay was very comfortable. I’ll be back for sure, this is probably... my new number one choice.

Room tip: Absolutely amazing, no tip
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefani C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for choosing us as your #1 choice!