“Awesome!!”

Ranked #38 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Gray, Louisiana
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in -
Rooms felt like home -
Awesome Service

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
HotelIndigoHouston, Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Thank You for sharing your opinion of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We're glad we made you feel like home during your stay with us. Our guests regularly comment about how comfortable our beds are. I wish we could take all of the credit for them - but it starts with a Simmons BeautyRest Classic Mattress and Simmons Triton foundation.

We hope to be your home away from home again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Antonio
Reviewed February 15, 2010

The rooms were very clean, though they felt a little small. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and always willing to help. I had to stay at this hotel for 5 days and I have no regrets. I would definitely stay again.

Edmond, OK
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Bottom Line: We loved this hotel! We left the kids w/grandparents and spent a couple of nights here just before Christmas. We used Prioirty Club points to get our room free, but the prices I found online are very good for this level of hotel, in my opinion.

We didn't try the restaurant or gym, but they looked nice, and it was nice to have the options. We did use the business center to check out what movies were playing when, and all went well.

Positives:
- Very clean - Everything from the coffee pot to the bathroom was clean and fresh.
- Great "feel" b/c of the decor - I felt like I was in an apartment or visiting a friend instead of in a hotel. You don't get that boring, lived-in-by-thousands feel.
- Location - Although you really do need specific directions, and you might have to make the block if you miss it, once found, the location is great. We didn't do this, but I can imagine walking to the Galleria and spending the day there very easily. You could also walk to many restaurants, shops, etc. outside the Galleria very easily.
- Service - Everyone was very friendly and honored our personal requests.
- Comfort - the bed was comfortable, the towels were plentiful, the room had everything you needed.
- Noise Level - we were on the 6th floor facing a church parking lot, and it was very quiet for being close to the highway. You have the ease of being close to the highway w/out the every present sounds of traffic whoosing by.

Negatives:
- A/C - the AC is really loud, but it worked well. It served as "white noise" for us, but I can imagine that it would bother some.
- Possibility of not having black out shades. We specifically requested to be in a room w/black out shades on the windows based on previous reviews, and so we got them. I cannot imagine NOT having them! The front desk person told me they have tinted all their windows to help those in rooms w/out the shades, but you would still be awakened very early. If you will be up for a meeting anyway, I guess that wouldn't matter, but for those of you (like us) who want to sleep in, be sure to request a room w/black out shades.

Over all, we loved this hotel and would choose it again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jcrum
HotelIndigoHouston, Management at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, January 18, 2010
We're glad to see your review of our hotel and that you were able to enjoy them time that your kids spent with their grand parents! Membership in Priority Club does have it's benefits! I am glad we were able to deliver Cleanliness, Warm Decor, Location, Service and Comfort that exceeded your expectations as these are all items that we continually strive to deliver.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Carthage, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2009

After my GPS located the hotel, it took me about 10 minutes of driving around blocks to actually get in the hotel. It seems the entrance is located off a one way street and is not easily accessible from the freeway (at least until I got the hang of it).

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. A new employee was being trained and did a great job for a new person! Our room was on the 6th floor and we were pleasantly surprised with the decor of the building and even more stunned with the wooden floors and very comfortable beds. The showers have a very modern design without an actual shower door but was large enough to through a party in!

With it being a cool night, the window with sliding screen was an added bonus to let in some fresh air while surfing through an extended channel lineup on the TV including about 5 HBO channels!

Next time I am in Houston, I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

2 Thank remyone
Reviewed October 30, 2009

i had so much fun the hotel was ready on time and already had drinks for us

Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Have stayed here for the past 4 weeks on business. Paid $105/night. I have yet to see any roaches as the previous reviewer mentioned. The AC unit is loud but at least it works. Rooms are clean and nicely appointed, beds are nice, shower is good. Service in the restaurant is SLOW and a little pricey, but the food is decent - I usually venture out. Some decent restaurants nearby. Gym is really small. Staff is friendly, but pushes the restaurant, which is annoying. A little hard to find from the street - had to circle twice. In this area of Houston, this is a decent, economical choice.

1 Thank hreamer
Long Beach CA
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I recently decided to try this hotel in downton Houston becuase of the bright and cherry decor and reviews on the Intranet. After a difficult time finding this hotel, which does not have direct street access except by alley way I checked in. On the surface the hotel is cute, but cheap construstion made it one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. The airconditioner in my room was so loud I when I first walked into the room you couldn't hear the music on the CD they push to all customers. The toilet ran and rain pelted the windows. Not the fault of the hotel about the rain but the windows are not thick and you can also hear the TV from the room next door. About 11:30 pm I couldn't sleep so I flipped on the lights only to find a 1 1/2 inch cockroach gasping for it's last breath on my floor. I called the front desk who came up right away and removed the dead room guest and checked under the bed, cabinets sink. They also tried to explain that it due to the rain they come out ( I was on the third floor) and that their poison systems must be good becuase he was already dying..... I kept the lights on the rest of the night. The following morning no manager call, no acomodation for the roach, nothing. Perhaps I should have been more insistant but my protest is with this review and with my wallet. I won't be back.

1 Thank Lardgal